Formula One - 2021

BOF

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

What is fascinating to me is that unless Verstappen can judge the difference between 85mm and 87mm from a distance of 50 yards, through a visor at a hundred miles an hour, he didn't wander over to the Mercedes to have an obvious play with the wing because he had his suspicions - someone at Red Bull knew, and the only way they'll have known is that someone at Mercedes told them. Which means somewhere along the line, knowing these two groups, they're paying extra money to each others pit crews for extra information - which I love.

Verstappen wandering over and having a play with the wing in a sort of "have you guys had a look at this at all?" way is grand theatre.

The rumour is sky pundit paul di resta got wind of it and told red bull, again, rumour

• Like 1

Either way, by error or by design it appears (from the FIA notes) that the Mercedes rear wing had been assembled incorrectly allowing the DRS to open more than allowed

All just seems a bit too convenient for me, that red bull knew the rear wing was opening more than permitted, this could be spygate all over again

It's championship ending anyway 

Why do these teams ever believe they are going to get away with these things, they get scrutineered by the mm.

it is correct that pit crews get paid for info, a pal of mine used to work in the pits for Monteverdi in the 90s, they didn't earn too much, don't even earn alot now, I think around 20-25k.  Well they used to take money for information then, an I'm sure it's not stopped. Used to be cash then too, my pal got 5k one weekend and left it in his car, his car was subsequently stolen from a car park in Tamworth while we were out. We are sure someone heard him mouthing off about the money.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

Why do these teams ever believe they are going to get away with these things, they get scrutineered by the mm.

It’s a bit like drug smugglers, we don’t know about the ones that got away with.

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

The notes say it’s been checked multiple times during the season and always passed.

Was this a regular check, or because someone suspected it was opening wider than allowed?

Well the stewards said, that the extra gap was caused by additional play in either the DRS activator or pivots, "or some combination or other fault with the mechanism or incorrect assembly of parts".

again, as I posted a few minutes ago, its just too convenient for me, Mercedes rear wing passes all required tests, this weekend it's assembled wrong and red bull it appears knew about it......

Edited by Jimzk5

24 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Well the stewards said, that the extra gap was caused by additional play in either the DRS activator or pivots, "or some combination or other fault with the mechanism or incorrect assembly of parts".

again, as I posted a few minutes ago, its just too convenient for me, Mercedes rear wing passes all required tests, this weekend it's assembled wrong and red bull it appears knew about it......

This is the important bit, was it just a regular check or were the FIA asked to intervene because someone thought the gap looked bigger than 85mm?

Well for sprint race standards that was quite fun.

That Merc engine is just ridiculous. Lewis has just strolled to P5 with ease and only a couple seconds off Sainz ffs, he's absolutely getting on the podium tomorrow. 

I do find it funny how people keep thinking this championship is over, not a chance when bloody Lewis Hamilton is involved. 

14 minutes ago, Farlz said:

That Merc engine when fresh is absolutely mental 

I've actually been the AMG factory. It can only be described as a f****** masterpiece, only runs at 80% power to make it 100% reliable.

Edited by foreveryoung
  • Like 1