Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

Ryan.

Tbh though, you will find that in a lot of places in Birmingham itself Blues are the more popular club, especially my side of the city. Back in the day it was a lot more obvious; up until about the late-70s, they were had attendences of a very similar size to us, if not bigger than ours. Those fans are still around, and in Brum, they are just disillusioned with decades of rubbish.

I know it's natural to hate your neighbours in football but I'm genuinely embarrassed to be from the same place as them.

I don't even live in the Midlands and I feel embarrassed to be from the same country as them.

• Like 1

I know it's natural to hate your neighbours in football but I'm genuinely embarrassed to be from the same place as them.

I don't even live in the Midlands and I feel embarrassed to be from the same country as them.

I don't even live in the same continent, and I feel embarrassed to share a planet (if not a species) with them.

(I win...)

• Like 4

Tbh though, you will find that in a lot of places in Birmingham itself Blues are the more popular club, especially my side of the city. Back in the day it was a lot more obvious; up until about the late-70s, they were had attendences of a very similar size to us, if not bigger than ours. Those fans are still around, and in Brum, they are just disillusioned with decades of rubbish.

I think it used be true that the city was once more divided, but now there are more Villa pretty much everywhere - the children of those disillusioned fans you spoke of aren't noses and because of that the second biggest club in Birmingham is probably Man Utd.  I see more Baggies in Birmingham now than the unwashed. 

I don't think small heath have ever had attendances that compared to ours mind you, when are you thinking of?

Going to school in Kings Norton...the Blose were more noticeable in their general attire and academic ability. Most of my mates were Baggies or Villa fans. To me, my mates and I carried ourselves through school easier than the SHA lot. Most of the teachers aswell were Villa fans. Our headteacher was a massive Man U fan and in the weekly letter, it was always dripping in anti-SHA banter.

They knew their place. Who, at breaktime, had Villa Blues kickabouts? Their team was always 3-4 strong compared to our 10 or so. We had to hand them the man u fans and the baggies just to make up numbers.

I think it used be true that the city was once more divided, but now there are more Villa pretty much everywhere - the children of those disillusioned fans you spoke of aren't noses and because of that the second biggest club in Birmingham is probably Man Utd.  I see more Baggies in Birmingham now than the unwashed. 

I don't think small heath have ever had attendances that compared to ours mind you, when are you thinking of?

I didn't either, but this website (and a couple of others just to check) say different - http://www.stadium-attendances.com/Aston%20Villa,historical,attendances.html

I didn't either, but this website (and a couple of others just to check) say different - http://www.stadium-attendances.com/Aston%20Villa,historical,attendances.html

Don't understand that website. VP's capacity is listed as 39339, which makes it a statistic from 2000 pre-Trinity rebuild surely?

Oh, just realised it makes no sense at all. Highbury's capacity was apparently 0. I went around Highbury last summer and the amount of residents living in the flats there confirm it's more than 0 now.

The sale of Redmond so cheaply shows how desperate their situation is. Davies I could understand; £2.25million for a bloke who's on hefty wages with just one year on his contract and who, let's face it, isn't great in the PL isn't that bad a deal. But Redmond is potentially a really good player; selling him for just £2mil is awful.

Once they've sold them two, really they have no saleable assets. They aren't allowed a credit facility, loan or an overdraft with the bank. The next step to generate cashflow will be redundancies, which will be sad, because it won't be the players but people who work in places like the Ticket office or the club shop who will go. These people might not even be noses; they might be people who rely on their employment Blues to pay off the mortgage and look after their kids.

Davies I could understand; £2.25million for a bloke who's on hefty wages with just one year on his contract and who, let's face it, isn't great in the PL isn't that bad a deal.

yes but them wages all go into Zigic salary :)

I know someone who works at the club and knows some high-up people. There was a rumour doing the rounds last season after they got thumped at home by Watford that Yeung wanted to sack Clark and put in Zigic and Carr as joint-managers, because they couldn't afford a manager to replace him with so Yeung just wanted senior pros to do it.

I know someone who works at the club and knows some high-up people. There was a rumour doing the rounds last season after they got thumped at home by Watford that Yeung wanted to sack Clark and put in Zigic and Carr as joint-managers, because they couldn't afford a manager to replace him with so Yeung just wanted senior pros to do it.

That is just too ridiculous. Not even Small Heath would do that.

• Like 1

That is just too ridiculous. Not even Small Heath would do that.

Agreed.

As ridiculous a club as they are, that's pretty obviously bullshit

• Like 1

Â