Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

Ryan.

2 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Boys.... I really REALLY hope all the mirth is well placed and that once again sha will eff it up....my niggling, occasional thought is that he gives a new manager bounce to a team already in the top 6/8 and that they'll further improve.Β 

I mean....99.9% of my other thoughts are that they'll eff it up again but then the law of averages pops up in my head and this may work this time.

They should sack their manager every week and ride the new manager bounce every match onto the title πŸ‘

• Like 2

There obsession with having no link to us for their success is utterly bizarre.Β 

I couldn't give two shits who a player or manager was affiliated with before they joined us. If they're good, and help Villa be better than they would be without them, that's all that matters.

I assume that isn't why they've sacked Eustace, but it is utterly hilarious they've got fans trying to justify it via that means.

Stadium falling apart, ownership that doesn't have a clue,Β  sacking the manager that's got you overperforming... in response to the topic, still not yet.Β 

Eustace was veey popular with the players apparently so they must nw thinking WTF. Then you have numerous players signed by eustace that rooney might not like then it causing issues in the dressing room.

Apparently gimpface gardner was heavily involved in this decision as he wants them playing "more attacking football"

Β 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Demitri_C said:

More rules broken but as expected nothing happens yet over clubs get hit like a ton of bricks

Think this is the sort of technical error you wouldn't expect a punishment for at this stage TBH, but it's surprisingly sloppy nevertheless.Β 

Had a look at Rooney’s record at Derby.

81 leagues games amassing 93 points

24 wins, 21 draws, 36 defeats

That’s 1.148 PPG.

Drilling down a bit further, 32 of those points were from his first 21 games.

So from the remaining 60 games, Derby secured 61 points. Frustratingly close to exactly 1 PPG average there.

That screams to me β€œlet’s make 19th place our own”. But I sense that’s not what they’re aiming for.

I know Derby had/have their problems, so that’s a consideration. But still, I’m not quite seeing it. Other than he’s a name and it’s small heath going mental again.

Which I suppose is all it really is.Β 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Had a look at Rooney’s record at Derby.

81 leagues games amassing 93 points

24 wins, 21 draws, 36 defeats

That’s 1.148 PPG.

Drilling down a bit further, 32 of those points were from his first 21 games.

So from the remaining 60 games, Derby secured 61 points. Frustratingly close to exactly 1 PPG average there.

That screams to me β€œlet’s make 19th place our own”. But I sense that’s not what they’re aiming for.

I know Derby had/have their problems, so that’s a consideration. But still, I’m not quite seeing it. Other than he’s a name and it’s small heath going mental again.

Which I suppose is all it really is.Β 

It's the entire reason Derby were so ****.Β  They had no money.Β  They couldn't sign players, basically all their senior players left the club.Β  They were absolutely spiralling.Β  Rooney did a remarkable job there all things considered.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bobzy said:

It's the entire reason Derby were so ****.Β  They had no money.Β  They couldn't sign players, basically all their senior players left the club.Β  They were absolutely spiralling.Β  Rooney did a remarkable job there all things considered.

Ok but it doesn’t tell me he’s a good enough manager to warrant sacking the bloke who, y’know all things considered, IS doing a good job for them.

6 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I get they were screwed once they had the points deduction but even the season before Rooney didn't seem to do that well to me. Also I thought their squad was decent enough both seasons. His DC United record is only just over 1 PPG too.

Edited by villan95

2 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Ok but it doesn’t tell me he’s a good enough manager to warrant sacking the bloke who, y’know all things considered, IS doing a good job for them.

No, I completely agree with that.Β  Having the catastrophic Derby administration as a "consideration", though, is massively unplaying how **** that club were.

Β 

2 minutes ago, villan95 said:

I get they were screwed once they had the points deduction but even the season before Rooney didn't seem to do that well to me. Also I thought their squad was decent enough both seasons. His DC United record is only just over 1 PPG too.

Their squad was semi-OK for the first half season Rooney was there, but then it got absolutely decimated.Β  You'd be absolutely insane thinking their 21/22 squad was "decent enough" - it was poor.Β  They lost over half their senior squad, basically.

• Like 2

But lets not forget rooney has rosenior there with him who is a very good coach. Now he has ashley cole and john o shea who havent exactly been good coaches.

Im sure i read somewhere as well once that cole didnt like playing at sty andrews as a player?

9 minutes ago, bobzy said:

No, I completely agree with that.Β  Having the catastrophic Derby administration as a "consideration", though, is massively unplaying how **** that club were.

Β 

Their squad was semi-OK for the first half season Rooney was there, but then it got absolutely decimated.Β  You'd be absolutely insane thinking their 21/22 squad was "decent enough" - it was poor.Β  They lost over half their senior squad, basically.

I must be insane then πŸ˜† don't get me wrong it was quite thin but they still had some decent enough championship players plus some highly rated youngsters.

Edited by villan95

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

But lets not forget rooney has rosenior there with him who is a very good coach. Now he has ashley cole and john o shea who havent exactly been good coaches.

Im sure i read somewhere as well once that cole didnt like playing at sty andrews as a player?

I doubt any sane footballer would like playing at the blues, it’s the footballing equivalent of deliverance

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Γ—
Γ—
Γ‚