Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

Ryan.

The Blooz are our crosstown rivals, to be despised as they so rightfully deserve, but when it comes to them vs a LEAGUE TABLE rival (ie: Spurtz, Citeh, Arsenal etc), then it is always the case that the interests of The Villa come first. Personally, I care not where they land, premiership survival or relegation means little to me, the fortunes of MY club, The Aston Villa FC, is of paramount importance and all other rivalries are of only secondary interest.

If we play them, then I hope we smash them to bits, it they play another team which is challenging our place in the league, then the other side must lose.

There is also a part of me which desires all Midlands clubs to do reasonably well, so we get more derbies.

But it's Villa all the way with me, these no counts stir me not a whit. I actually dislike Manure and Plop much more than blues, but I live a long way away from Brum.

cheers, Gary

Personally, I care not where they land, premiership survival or relegation means little to me, the fortunes of MY club, The Aston Villa FC, is of paramount importance and all other rivalries are of only secondary interest.

This for me.

Some great comments on that video.

enjoy gabby's winner today, you mongrels?!

This is a riot? A bunch of braindeads wandering around a football pitch? I gave up watching football 10 years ago just to avoid being associated with feral simpletons like this.

I would hate to be a blues fan with what villa are doing the other side of the city. I blame there shit fans.

response from blues fan

wot u tlkin bout u dnt no bout footy fans u coming frm america all your sport fans are pussys if us blues fans went america our hooligans wud do use over!

I was there, and those fans on the pitch were an absolute disgrace. Not a GCSE between them, screaming abuse at people who have acheived more in the last year than all of them put together.

very sad, very sad indeed. You see though, from things such as this, that these so-called "Rivals", or at the very least their fans, deserve little more than pity. The club is simply just another club without any class or heritage, but their fans, well, that one particular post basically says it all. My word, what are the schools like in those areas? Good grief.

UTV!!!

I don't think any blose fans could go to America tbh. If they saved up the dole money to get plane tickets, they'd probably not qualify for the Visa Waiver Program (as one of the requirements is never being arrested for crimes of moral turpitude).

Birmingham City boss McLeish - Aston Villa thriller will have to wait

Dec 23 2009 by Colin Tattum, Birmingham Mail

ALEX McLeish today stressed Blues should not try to start targeting Aston Villa until the Carson Yeung regime was truly up and running.

When Yeung bought the club in October one of the stated aims was to compete with Villa, not only to the claim of the city’s top dogs but as a credible Premier League entity.

So far, in their first season back in the top flight, Blues are doing a better than expected job.

Villa are riding high in fourth place having won their last four league matches and they are unbeaten in eight (all competitions). Blues are seventh, seven points behind, enjoying a nine-game unbeaten run.

Villa manager Martin O’Neill admitted last week that Blues’ surprise success was helping to spur his charges on. There is a feelgood air and pride in the city for its football and Blues fans, in particular, are in jaunty mood.

“I have sensed that buzz for a few weeks,” said McLeish. “Since the start of the season we have been getting good plaudits for our play from day one.

“We have earned the right to be where we are but we know nothing is decided in December.

“I am sure Carson Yeung and the owners would like to have that vision and ambition to compete with Villa, but right now we are not at Villa’s level in terms of the spending power and the strength of the squad they have.

“We are not looking at Villa to try and rival them this season. We’ve just got to look after our own house and keep that in order.”

Villa, of course, won the St Andrew’s derby 1-0 in September with a late goal as Blues opened the season with three defeats and a win from five matches.

Although Yeung has pledged between £20 million-£40 million for transfer fees and wages in January, it looks likely McLeish will not be getting through such a hefty amount.

Inflated asking prices and massive salary demands – plus the actual availability of the right calibre and character of player – means his business is not set to be spectacular.

And the relative spending of the sides in the summer window backs up his theory that Villa’s financial muscle is greater, albeit until such a time the Hong Kong tycoon’s money is splashed out.

Villa’s purchase of Stephen Warnock was for an £8 million sum not much lower than McLeish committed on all of his summer recruits.

Blues have also lost to the three other clubs in the top five chasing leaders Chelsea, although their performances in each game have merited deserved praise.

Chelsea come to St Andrew’s on Boxing Day (12.45pm) and Alex McLeish and his players would love to take their scalp, for the first time in the Premier League, home or away, to show the measure of their recent progress.

Roger Johnson (knee) and Liam Ridgewell (ankle) should be fit.

Blues then take on Stoke City away on December 28.

“It is a hectic programme,” said McLeish.

“It is madness really and it certainly tests the clubs that have got small squads, fragile squads, and it will certainly be a big test for us.

“I don’t know if we will be able to play the same team on Monday but I am only thinking about the Chelsea game and we want to give them as big a fright as possible.”

what did we all say about them not spending 40m in january? theres a shock its not happening now!

Obsessed with us. Colin Scrotum has to mention us in every article he writes. Small time...........

Not only is Twattum a word removed, he is a word removed that's bigger than a wizards sleeve

Other teams will always aspire to be like us.

Problem is, no one else has the MON & Randy combo.

Yeah but they have the McLeish and Carson com... :lol:

(Sorry couldn't quite finish the sentence without cracking up)

Was speaking to a guy I know at the pub on Christmas Eve who I hadn't seen for a while, he's a blues fan. I asked him about Benitez and whether they'd bought him or if he's on loan. His answer? "I hope not, he's shit" :lol: Again, he usually has a balanced view of things.

Â