Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

Ryan.

Small Heath haven't got the infrastructure nor the fan base to sustain any sort of success in the PL. Their glass ceiling is very low, and that's why their appearances in the top tier of football lasts a relatively short period of time.

Nothing will ever change that.

I partly agree with what dem is saying, if they could be sold for 15 million, you could build a team capable of play offs minimum for 15 million, wipe out there debts for £60 million and if you get promotion any potential owner/invester will be looking at a return straight away with a potential return of 100million for finishing bottom

But this is also true for 23 of the other 24 teams in that league.

Edited by Jimzk5

I partly agree with what dem is saying, if the could be sold for 15 million, you could build a team capable of play offs minimum for 15 million, wipe out there debts for £60 million and if you get promotion any potential owner/invester will be looking at a return straight away with a potential return of 100million for finishing bottom

But this is also true for 23 of the other 24 trams in that league.

Ding ding we have a winner. Why on EARTH would anyone choose Birmingham City for that purpose? 

championship club worth nothing is more attractive than a team like us floating relegation with a much higher price tag. thats the sad reality

I think you love them.

Huh wierd post,

you obviously misunderstood the point. hoaxm and jimzk5 fortuantely have saved me having to expand further

they will be cheaper to buy than us and their wage bill will be a lot lower than ours, 

lets hope im wrong but i think this will turn out good for the filth

I don't know if it's still the case but last I heard they had to be sold in tranches, because if they're sold in one go BIHL lose their place on the HKSE which is meant to be worth quite a bit. But maybe BIHL going into receivership changes that?

I don't know if it's still the case but last I heard they had to be sold in tranches, because if they're sold in one go BIHL lose their place on the HKSE which is meant to be worth quite a bit. But maybe BIHL going into receivership changes that?

To put this into context

Birmingham international holdings limited own Birmingham city f.c, small heath are BIHL ONLY asset, BIHL dont own nor have any shares in another company, so its BIHL that are on the HKSE, the club are just an asset to that company, without that asset, BIHL wont be on the HKSE anyway.

The only way they would want to remain a HK listed company would be if the buyers wanted them to be listed there.

Edited by Jimzk5

I partly agree with what dem is saying, if the could be sold for 15 million, you could build a team capable of play offs minimum for 15 million, wipe out there debts for £60 million and if you get promotion any potential owner/invester will be looking at a return straight away with a potential return of 100million for finishing bottom

But this is also true for 23 of the other 24 trams in that league.

Ding ding we have a winner. Why on EARTH would anyone choose Birmingham City for that purpose? 

I guess the only reason would be that you probably wouldn't need that £15m they're the kind of club you might pick up for £1 in one of those odd deals for worthless stuff. I'm not sure they're a bargain at that price though.

championship club worth nothing is more attractive than a team like us floating relegation with a much higher price tag. thats the sad reality

i understand where you're coming from, buy blues on the cheap, spend £20-30m, get out of that league, pocket the £100m a year at least tv money

personally i think thats your plan then long term i think you'd be better looking at rangers, how much you'd need to spend to get them back in the champions league and then how much a season you can pocket from it

it surprises me there arent more people sniffing round them, and doesnt surprise me in the slightest that mike ashley is, if you want a quick fix and a football team that'll make money they're the one for me

To put this into context

Birmingham international holdings limited own Birmingham city f.c, small heath are BIHL ONLY asset, BIHL own nor have any shares in another company, so its BIHL that are on the HKSE, the club are just an asset to that company, without that asset, BIHL wont be on the HKSE anyway.

The only way they would want to remain a HK listed company would be if the buyers wanted them to be listed there.

Without the asset BIHL won't be on the HKSE is the whole point, being on the HKSE is worth upto £20m to BIHL. The only way they can retain their place whilst selling sha, is by buying more assets. That's why sha being sold in tranches is more likely.

Edited by useless

To put this into context

Birmingham international holdings limited own Birmingham city f.c, small heath are BIHL ONLY asset, BIHL own nor have any shares in another company, so its BIHL that are on the HKSE, the club are just an asset to that company, without that asset, BIHL wont be on the HKSE anyway.

Without the asset BIHL won't be on the HKSE is the whole point, being on the HKSE is worth upto £20m to BIHL. The only way they can retain their place whilst selling sha, is by buying more assets. That's why sha being sold in tranches is more likely.
But if the buyer doesnt want them to be on the HKSE that doesn't matter really does it, the buyer isn't buying BIHL, just the asset they own. Being on the HKSE is worthless in the grand scheme of things, hence why they gone into receivership. They want to sell the asset, not the company that owns the asset

Sell bcfc,wind up BIHL.

Edited by Jimzk5

To put this into context

But if the buyer doesnt want them to be on the HKSE that doesn't matter really does it, the buyer isn't buying BIHL, just the asset they own. Being on the HKSE is worthless in the grand scheme of things, hence why they gone into receivership. They want to sell the asset, not the company that owns the asset

It wouldn't matter to the buyer but it would matter to BIHL as they would lose the £15-20 Million that being on the HKSE is worth. A buyer would have to buy sha in installments. Once BIHL have diversified and bought more assets then sha can be sold whole, without it having any affect on BIHL's place on the HKSE.

But as I say I don't know how BIH going into receivership affects what I've written it might be different now.

To put this into context

It wouldn't matter to the buyer but it would matter to BIHL as they would lose the £15-20 Million that being on the HKSE is worth. A buyer would have to buy sha in installments. Once BIHL have diversified and bought more assets then sha can be sold whole, without it having any affect on BIHL's place on the HKSE.

But as I say I don't know how BIH going into receivership affects what I've written it might be different now.

I think whats different is the fact the owners/directors/chancers that have been involved in the club have finally realised they have taken there luck as far as they can, years of delayed acounts, pannu was in the press a few weeks ago saying £2.5million is missing from the clubs accounts, mysterious names being paid directors fees & now the parachute payments have ceased the well is dry and no more money can be siphoned off, so wind up BIHL, sell the asset for a few million and wind up BIHL.

One of the biggest misinterpretations with finance in football is this belief that if a team wins the play off final "90m game" the next morning the club gets a 90m cheque in the post.

You don't, indeed a decent proportation of that figure actually comes from the parachute payments so you'll be getting that windfall when you're back in the championship if you go down in the first or second season.

That and of course when you go up you have to give new deals to the boss and players who've got them there which will eat a chunk of the budget and ground maintenance.

Then you have to sing players and really you're signing rejects or punts from abroad or the lower leagues and slowly the wage bill increases.

If the TV deal was so great everyone would run itself properly and never have any trouble when they get relegated. Instead you get cases like Pompey or SHA that have unsustained models that solely rely on prem football and those sorts of clubs are always likely to go back down eventually.

One of the biggest misinterpretations with finance in football is this belief that if a team wins the play off final "90m game" the next morning the club gets a 90m cheque in the post.

You don't, indeed a decent proportation of that figure actually comes from the parachute payments so you'll be getting that windfall when you're back in the championship if you go down in the first or second season.

That and of course when you go up you have to give new deals to the boss and players who've got them there which will eat a chunk of the budget and ground maintenance.

Then you have to sing players and really you're signing rejects or punts from abroad or the lower leagues and slowly the wage bill increases.

If the TV deal was so great everyone would run itself properly and never have any trouble when they get relegated. Instead you get cases like Pompey or SHA that have unsustained models that solely rely on prem football and those sorts of clubs are always likely to go back down eventually.

I think you misinterpreted what we are discussing, from 2017 the team that finishes bottom of the premier league will get £100million guaranteed tv money, so its quite feasible that you could buy a team like small heath for a knock down price, put a bit of money into buying players that will get you promotion to the PL and even if they go down after a year your still getting a return on your investment.

Massive crowd of 15,101 at the Sty tonight and 1,200 of them were Boro fans.What a joke club they are !

It's not like our attendance figures are the best. I'm sure if we get relegated they'll drop considerably from their already low number.

Â