Midweek Football 26/29 October

andykeenan

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Yet another counter attacking team with no plan b.

Wolves 2.0

No plan b like when they changed it against Southampton and scored 4 second half goals.

Or when they made 3 changes at 1-1 in the Europa league against Shkendija and won 3-1.

Or when they came back from 1-0 down against Plovdiv to win 2-1 with both goals in the last 10 mins.

1 minute ago, Genie said:

No plan b like when they changed it against Southampton and scored 4 second half goals.

Or when they made 3 changes at 1-1 in the Europa league against Shkendija and won 3-1.

Or when they came back from 1-0 down against Plovdiv to win 2-1 with both goals in the last 10 mins.

Not sure about 2 of those teams but Southampton is a risk taking team where you will get opportunities on the counter

16 hours ago, sne said:

6 goals in 3 games for Zlatan now.

Legend! I was even a bit emotional when he played his final game for our national team. Felt like the end of an era that will not happen again in my lifetime.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

Legend! I was even a bit emotional when he played his final game for our national team. Felt like the end of an era that will not happen again in my lifetime.

Apparently he's now among the top-10 scorers of all time with 561 according to a few papers. But according to wiki he still has a few goals to go to reach Uwe Seeler & Tulio who are joined 9th on 575 so I think I'll go by that.

Still 561 goals is pretty good :D And at the rate he's scoring he'll pass those 2 and Ferenc Deak (576) in 8th too.

Ronaldo and Messi might go top of the all time list if not this season then the season after.

• Like 1

I said to my friend last week, with the way he has kept himself in shape and his style of play he could play until 45 maybe later

MIlan have sensibly done what United didnt which was put speed around him, United had the players but never tried a system

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I said to my friend last week, with the way he has kept himself in shape and his style of play he could play until 45 maybe later

MIlan have sensibly done what United didnt which was put speed around him, United had the players but never tried a system

Looking at him play now he's clearly lost his explosiveness and his pace, but he's smart enough to compensate for it and to adjust the way he plays. He'd never function in a high pressing and high intensity team but Pioli has found another way to play which suits them and Zlatan.

What everyone mentions and what is visible (and audible :D ) is how demanding Zlatan is towards his teammates (and himself). If you don't carry your weight you will hear about it, and no doubt it's the same in training. He want's to win and he knows what it takes to do so. No doubt he can be both a bully and an ass, but apparently this group of Milan players thrive under it atm. Think Milan has lacked this since he was last there. Think them being somewhat of an underdog and not having too big expectations on them might also help.

Can't see them getting really close to Juve once the season is decided thou.

Â