Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

All very well being a bit of a maverick but you’ll always have managers who don’t want that because they have a particular system. That will only ever become more the case as football becomes more about systems not individuals.

Sorry to see him go though if he’s leaving, I’ve always enjoyed watching him, but I don’t think he challenges our first 11 under Gerrard anyway so not the end of the world.

• Like 1

7 goals and 6 assists from 29 starts in his first season. 0.5 G+A per 90.

If it wasn't for injury he'd have kicked on I'm sure this season. So he's proven himself in the Premier League. That's why Turkey isn't where he'll be going. He's too talented for that league and they couldn't afford him.

• Like 1

just never a Gerrard player.

Gerrard was one of the most serious, focused and professional players i have ever seen.

Bertie T is ....... not.

I would love to see him stay because he is box office when he is on it. But I think Gerrard will want someone he can rely on for consistency as much as possible. Bertie would be so frustrating to manage simply because you dont know what version is going to show up on match day

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

All very well being a bit of a maverick but you’ll always have managers who don’t want that because they have a particular system. That will only ever become more the case as football becomes more about systems not individuals.

Sorry to see him go though if he’s leaving, I’ve always enjoyed watching him, but I don’t think he challenges our first 11 under Gerrard anyway so not the end of the world.

Agreed. It's the Southgate special. Marginalise talent...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Probably a loan 

Don't think that works for us as he'll only have 1 year left next summer. So unless they pay a loan fee around £4-5m and cover his wages we wouldn't be interested in a loan.

Has skill pace but has zero footballing brain, always capable of playing a stupid ball across his own goal, then the biggest issue with him was his workrate, terrible team player, I'll be glad to see the back of him

4 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Don't think that works for us as he'll only have 1 year left next summer. So unless they pay a loan fee around £4-5m and cover his wages we wouldn't be interested in a loan.

Of course but I think if he is going to Turkey or France it will be a loan deal

30 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

If they buy him, which they probably won't, they'll pay the sort of fee we should have to Lyon.

Ridiculous waste of money.

Exactly. This is what the critics like me were saying. We could have gotten him a lot cheaper. Lyon - the club, and not just their fans, were desperate to get rid of him. At 6-8M he would have been worth a shot. At 16-18M we paid he will go down as a bust.

I'd like to keep him around as a squad player, he is a maverick and although he can be infuriating at times he is also capable of great individual moments. I don't see why he couldn't be used as a wildcard attacker off the bench or as a rotation option in the squad. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Exactly. This is what the critics like me were saying. We could have gotten him a lot cheaper. Lyon - the club, and not just their fans, were desperate to get rid of him. At 6-8M he would have been worth a shot. At 16-18M we paid he will go down as a bust.

Considering Burnley signed Maxwell Cornet for €12-15m from the same club last summer you do have to question why we paid €20m for Traore who was out of favour and had come off the back of a relatively poor season. A comparable fee to Cornet would have been OK, personally I think Traore is probably a little better as Cornet mainly stands out better due to being in a poor side devoid of any flair, but considering Traore's declining role at Lyon and that he wasn't popular with fans it seemed like there could have been a better deal to be had. I doubt we'd recoup the €20m we paid to Lyon so would probably be quite a loss if we did sell him. 

• Like 1

Nobody can deny he was one of the big factors in our successful 20/21 campaign.

Martinez, Watkins, Traore, Cash, Barkley (until he got injured). This season he's just been injured and we've ditched wide forwards 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

Yeah this sounds about right or perhaps a loan fee with a mandatory fee at the end of the loan. This would probably work out better for us from a FFP perspective too.

5 minutes ago, david-avfc said:

Considering Burnley signed Maxwell Cornet for €12-15m from the same club last summer you do have to question why we paid €20m for Traore who was out of favour and had come off the back of a relatively poor season. A comparable fee to Cornet would have been OK, personally I think Traore is probably a little better as Cornet mainly stands out better due to being in a poor side devoid of any flair, but considering Traore's declining role at Lyon and that he wasn't popular with fans it seemed like there could have been a better deal to be had. I doubt we'd recoup the €20m we paid to Lyon so would probably be quite a loss if we did sell him. 

I think Traore is a better player than Cornet, he didnt really stand out so much at Lyon probably why he ended up at Burnley in the first place. Strange that his best career season was actually at Burnley

Surley Troare would be a great signing for a lot of clubs in the PL, like Forrest, Brentford, Palace etc
Its a shame no clubs in europe have money gonna be hard to get a buyer unless its a loan

Â