Emiliano Martínez

hippo

Just now, duke313 said:

Chelsea paid €80 million for Kepa, So I would say it would be in and around that, probably more as he is now a World Cup winner. 

You can't hold that Kepa signing as the standard though. That was a mental one :D

20 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Only if it’s against your team.  I personally think it’s part of the game.

I have never seen a losing team criticise the goalkeeper for it so I dont think other teams worry about it compared to fans

2 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

You can't hold that Kepa signing as the standard though. That was a mental one :D

But it shows how much a team is willing to pay.  What had Kepa achieved before his move to Chelsea? 

Emi is now a World Cup winner with PL experience, and 4 1/2 years left on his contract, if someone wants him, they'll have to pay a premium to get him.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, duke313 said:

But it shows how much a team is willing to pay.  What had Kepa achieved before his move to Chelsea? 

Emi is now a World Cup winner with PL experience, and 4 1/2 years left on his contract, if someone wants him, they'll have to pay a premium to get him.

Kepa was also 23 when he joined Chelsea. Emi is 30.

Edited by Tom13

4 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Why you still bitching about Emi Tom?? You've taken a random comment from a nobody and used it as some sort of stick to beat him with. 

You've been going at it quite a while now, or at least since yesterday. I mean even your comment about, "....very good for where we are at". I hate to break it to you but he is in the top 10 rated keepers world wide. Fortunately for us, as long as he wants to stay he'll be more than sufficient for where we are at. 

With our luck with goalkeepers that last 15 years thank the lord we actually have a unbelievably top keeper, who like most top keepers happens to be as whacky as f***.  We are bloody lucky to have him you should enjoy it. 

I'm not bitching about him and I don't get why you're getting so defensive about it? I didn't like his antics yesterday but I still rate him.

I'm just saying to think we'd get anywhere near offers of £100m for him is unlikely (in my opinion).

Edited by Tom13

12 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Why you still bitching about Emi Tom?? You've taken a random comment from a nobody and used it as some sort of stick to beat him with. 

You've been going at it quite a while now, or at least since yesterday. I mean even your comment about, "....very good for where we are at". I hate to break it to you but he is in the top 10 rated keepers world wide. Fortunately for us, as long as he wants to stay he'll be more than sufficient for where we are at. 

With our luck with goalkeepers that last 15 years thank the lord we actually have a unbelievably top keeper, who like most top keepers happens to be as whacky as f***.  We are bloody lucky to have him you should enjoy it. 

I agree tbh we are all daft for giving Tom any airtime. Just enjoy the fact he’s a Villa player who has won the World Cup. I also get the impression that he holds Villa close to his heart as without us his dream may not of been possible.

It is clear he valued his time with Cutts at the club so we should just enjoy the positive press Villa are getting from this.

A big winner in all of this is Neil Cuttler his stock has just quadrupled in the space of 24 hours, I’m sure he will get some tidy offers to be GK coach at clubs.

Edited by Mark_1989

9 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

I'm not bitching about him and I don't get why you're getting so defensive about it? I didn't like his antics yesterday but I still rate him.

I'm just saying to think we'd get anywhere near offers of £100m for him is unlikely (in my opinion).

I agree. Nobody is offering anywhere near that. Close to 50-60m bids is possible but I still think unlikely.  Of course I could be totally wrong about that. 

• Like 1

Pricing starts at £75m for me. 

Top 3 goalkeepers in the world right now in terms of ability, top 1 in the world in terms of global media profile after this world cup. 

In his prime (30), still has 6 or 7 years at the top as a keeper and just signed a new deal with a club that he clearly loves. 

Most importantly if someone was to come in for him, the two clubs that will be looking for a keeper (who could afford him and would be attractive) are two who have a hilarious history of overpaying for players in Atletico and Man Utd (Sancho, Maguire, Felix etc.)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

Top 3 goalkeepers in the world right now in terms of ability, top 1 in the world in terms of global media profile after this world cup. 

In his prime (30), still has 6 or 7 years at the top as a keeper and just signed a new deal with a club that he clearly loves. 

Most importantly if someone was to come in for him, the two clubs that will be looking for a keeper (who could afford him and would be attractive) are two who have a hilarious history of overpaying for players in Atletico and Man Utd (Sancho, Maguire, Felix etc.)

I reckon only one of them will be looking for a keeper if Oblak leaves as I reckon he’ll go United. 

I don't think Emi is (as) bothered about Champions League football. All about the international football for him, and other Argentinians, I think. Playing and winning for the national team is the zenith of football for them. 

As long as we progress on the pitch under Unai, and i'm sure we well, then I don't see him leaving. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I reckon only one of them will be looking for a keeper if Oblak leaves as I reckon he’ll go United. 

I think Bayern could be looking for a new keeper, neuers just had a bad injury and will be 37 when he returns. I wouldn’t be surprised if they were interested in the summer 

23 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

He absolutely has five really top years left. Its win win for us with him on a long contract.

• Like 1

Â