The AVFC FFP thread

quick maths...based on the wholly unreliable sources on google

we have an annual revenue of £68.6m, 70% would be £48.3m available to spend on wages, we currently have a wage bill of £55m so we would be punished

Man Utd have an annual revenue of £580.4m, 70% would be £406.3m available to spend on wages, they currently have a wage bill of £205.4m so they are perfectly fine

So if these new rules get put into use the ESL 6 have arranged with UEFA to basically make it impossible for any other teams to get there.

I suppose they don't care that football will become even more one sided than it has been for the last 15 years, and it will slowly die, as it will become even more boring, even quicker.

2 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

So if these new rules get put into use the ESL 6 have arranged with UEFA to basically make it impossible for any other teams to get there.

I suppose they don't care that football will become even more one sided than it has been for the last 15 years, and it will slowly die, as it will become even more boring, even quicker.

But millions of casual fans in Asia will be happy. And that is the point- us lot who go regularly (well before Covid) to the other 14 teams  and the rest of the football pyramid, and dream of trying to compete and win stuff, mean absolutely nothing to them.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

They don't care because they don't care about English fans supporting mid table teams. 

The money is abroad. They don't want fans abroad choosing 20 different teams to support. They want a league where all fans in America can pick 2 or 3 teams to follow. Same for China, India and any other emerging markets. 

Fans for clubs outside those big 6 clubs aren't important to the game anymore. 

Edited by DCJonah
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

The owners could justifiably look at the that and think for the return on investment and being 1 place above Newcastle is not a great return so far.

They bought the club as a midtable championship team with little hope of promotion that season. 

15 hours ago, DCJonah said:

They don't care because they don't care about English fans supporting mid table teams. 

The money is abroad. They don't want fans abroad choosing 20 different teams to support. They want a league where all fans in America can pick 2 or 3 teams to follow. Same for China, India and any other emerging markets. 

All you have to do is watch ESPNFC.You will not hear teams like Everton,Wolves,Brighton etc mentioned,unless they were hammered by any one of the big 4

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

37 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

we have an annual revenue of £68.6m, 70% would be £48.3m available to spend on wages, we currently have a wage bill of £55m so we would be punished

Man Utd have an annual revenue of £580.4m, 70% would be £406.3m available to spend on wages, they currently have a wage bill of £205.4m so they are perfectly fine

Which is where all the "Man City are breaking FFP how can they afford Kane as well" stuff will fall down.  I imagine their annual revenue isn't as high as Man Utd, but it'll be significantly bigger than ours (or Spurs').

Can't NSWE set up a load of fake shell companies to sponsor us? Like villa give the rights to rent villa park one time away to NSWE Stadium Rentals Ltd for the low price of 75 million quid. They then rent it to foo fighters for 50 grand

10 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Can't NSWE set up a load of fake shell companies to sponsor us? Like villa give the rights to rent villa park one time away to NSWE Stadium Rentals Ltd for the low price of 75 million quid. They then rent it to foo fighters for 50 grand

Give Chris Samuelson a call.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

Yep. But what really annoys me is that the select few which have got this will never lose this support even if they are rubbish and badly managed like Arsenal.

Any club that  got successful between about 1995 to 2010 were so bloody lucky.

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

Which is where all the "Man City are breaking FFP how can they afford Kane as well" stuff will fall down.  I imagine their annual revenue isn't as high as Man Utd, but it'll be significantly bigger than ours (or Spurs').

surprisingly spurs overtook chelsea as the 4th biggest club in the country per revenue

man city's looks to be just over £200m, i think they need to raise around £30m a year additional revenue to achieve the 70% which i imagine they'll do quite comfortably

52 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Yep. But what really annoys me is that the select few which have got this will never lose this support even if they are rubbish and badly managed like Arsenal.

Any club that  got successful between about 1995 to 2010 were so bloody lucky.

Who knows, with better worldwide scouting back when Lerner turned up we might’ve been able to break into it back in the 00’s, but I think that’s a debate for another day.

3 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

Who knows, with better worldwide scouting back when Lerner turned up we might’ve been able to break into it back in the 00’s, but I think that’s a debate for another day.

Yeah if we had these owners in 2006 we'd be a top 4 mainstay now. 

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I dunno which bit of google you got your Villa figure from, but it's waaaay out.

last last year, just TV revenue was around £120m, plus £3 million off Kappa, £6 million off Cazoo, plus player sales...

Your point is unaffected by my pedantry, mind.

@villa4europe @blandy

Latest published wages to revenue ratios courtesy to Swiss ramble below.

We are not looking good and would be one of the first teams punished if salary cap was to be introduced.

5EBC2A79-D413-4B57-956D-BDD4B6567033.jpeg.6a2794a70f614852e056df042a5a6d25.jpeg

Bear in mind that  revenue values are affected by covid, so the ratios are likely to drop now for everyone once stadiums are fully open again.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

@villa4europe @blandy

Latest published wages to revenue ratios courtesy to Swiss ramble below.

We are not looking good and would be one of the first teams punished if salary cap was to be introduced.

5EBC2A79-D413-4B57-956D-BDD4B6567033.jpeg.6a2794a70f614852e056df042a5a6d25.jpeg

Bear in mind that  revenue values are affected by covid, so the ratios are likely to drop now for everyone once stadiums are fully open again.

so man city have to make a 3% adjustment and thats the big 6 all sorted

Edited by villa4europe

3 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

the ratios are likely to drop now for everyone once stadiums are fully open again.

ANd also last season we obviously got more telly money for being 11th, not 17th. Which may well help.

Â