The AVFC FFP thread

I dont understand how we can just arbitrarily say that a month is no longer going to be accounted for in the current cycle?

Does that month 3 years ago,  where we presumably made a lot of losses, get erased from our FFP calculations now, and give us a free hit of those losses?

I assume we've done the maths and checked the extra month we add on to the end of the three year cycle will be substantially better.

What's to stop you, in theory, changing your year end every time you get three years on from a particularly expensive month?

19 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

most likely Ramsey by end of June 

just sell him to Man City on 14th June with a relegation clause  .. FA relegate City after all charges are proven  on June 15th and we  buy him back on a 5 year contract   ..simples 

• Haha 3

36 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

A system where clubs are having to sell their best academy graduates to established clubs isn’t fit for purpose.  Look at the way we have sold our players in past couple of years and most likely Ramsey by end of June 

I'm not convinced that we have sold any Academy players who would feature in our strongest first team (11 + 5).  Chuk maybe - but that wasn't down to FFP.  Indeed you could easily argue that we have benefitted more from this than other clubs as we have been very active buying players from other academies to strengthen ours.

I don't know why we are "most likely" to sell Ramsey by the end of June.  This seems to have come from one rumour that we have a massive FFP hole to fill (when there are plenty of other sources that project we are fine - or at least won't need to sell a significant player) and the view that selling a player who has come through the system yields a greated FFP return.  It completely fails to take into consideration the fact that Ramsey is likely to have more value to us next season as he is probably our biggest "home grown" player and so is important for the UEFA squad registration.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HeyAnty said:

A system where clubs are having to sell their best academy graduates to established clubs isn’t fit for purpose.  Look at the way we have sold our players in past couple of years and most likely Ramsey by end of June 

We keep the ones we think will make it and sell the ones we don't. Clubs choice and it's what every club does. City, Liverpool , United keep some of them and sell some 

I wonder if this is more to do with sponsorship income?  Won't the new Adidas deal have kicked in by the end of June, but probably not by the end of May?  And probably other new sponsors will sign up from 1 June too - so if we've had a real push on raising income from sponsorship, could this be the reason?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, andycv said:

I wonder if this is more to do with sponsorship income?  Won't the new Adidas deal have kicked in by the end of June, but probably not by the end of May?  And probably other new sponsors will sign up from 1 June too - so if we've had a real push on raising income from sponsorship, could this be the reason?

This is what I was thinking.

42 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

We keep the ones we think will make it and sell the ones we don't. Clubs choice and it's what every club does. City, Liverpool , United keep some of them and sell some 

Maybe, but we may have no choice but to sell Ramsey to make pure profit for FFP.  You think that's fair? 

8 minutes ago, calcifer said:

Maybe, but we may have no choice but to sell Ramsey to make pure profit for FFP.  You think that's fair? 

What I don't think is fair... Is that random speculation and then forum babble has suddenly become fact spoken with confidence ffs 🤦🏾‍♂️

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, calcifer said:

Where has this come from exactly? Why are people posting with such conviction that we are selling Ramsey?

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I think we got it badly wrong with Philogene then.  Thats not hindsight by the way, thought it at the time to

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

What I don't think is fair... Is that random speculation and then forum babble has suddenly become fact spoken with confidence ffs 🤦🏾‍♂️

2 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Where has this come from exactly? Why are people posting with such conviction that we are selling Ramsey?

Its hypothetical IF we have to sell someone - for FFP he would be the most viable - or would you rather we sell Watkins/Luiz/Martinez?

We might not need to sell anyone - but he would be the obvious choice 

24 minutes ago, calcifer said:

Its hypothetical IF we have to sell someone - for FFP he would be the most viable - or would you rather we sell Watkins/Luiz/Martinez?

We might not need to sell anyone - but he would be the obvious choice 

Constantly banging on about means something has triggered you…..

Was expecting to see the accounts filed on Companies House today, but nothing as of yet. Last year they went up on March 3rd, so doubt we’ll have long to wait either way. 

With all this smoke, there is probably a little bit of fire, even if it’s a small campfire and not a blazing inferno.

For a long time I thought we would sell at least one of our “key players” this summer, at the end of the day - every club has to sell to buy - and over the years the old Big Six have all sold players to reinvest, it’s inevitable.

I think the difference is now we can have a bit more confidence that at least some of the funds will be reinvest wisely. Even if you think when Grealish was sold, Bailey / Buendia / Ings doesn’t look like a terrible reinvestment now?

I don’t think we will see McGinn or Martinez, purely because of age, and Mings won’t be sold because of his currrnt injury.
I do think we will sell one of Luiz - Konsa - Ramsey - Bailey - Watkins, in addition to Digne, and we will use a decent portion of what we receive to buy 2-3 other players that have the potential to develop in the next couple of years, as we already have done in January with the full back positions. And whatever we don’t spend will balance the books.

I actually think it might have been Kamara that would have been sold to a big European team, but his injury has probably prevented that. 

As long as we can keep the bulk of the current team together, and we only lose 1 of those listed above, we should be fine, we have shown we can cope with injuries this season, other than Torres! But if we had a fit Mings then we would have been fine with Torres even.

In summary - no need to panic - if we have to sell someone then we will, and we will be fine.

I was just reading through last year's accounts for the Holding Company - the club made a small profit.  It also updated on the cost of player trading after the accounts had gone - and I think including the January transfer window for 22/23 (and including Stevie G going and Emry coming) and it said we made £47.9m in sales with costs of around £63.4m.  So that doesn't sound like it breaks 23/24's budget, particularly with a loss of "only" £37m for the year before?  

https://s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/document-api-images-live.ch.gov.uk/docs/AQN7K4mAuX9l2YCCCLr7j3-XPTwC7mmlxHkipUak4Zg/application-pdf?X-Amz-Algorithm=AWS4-HMAC-SHA256&X-Amz-Credential=ASIAWRGBDBV3NFMHY2NT%2F20240229%2Feu-west-2%2Fs3%2Faws4_request&X-Amz-Date=20240229T165854Z&X-Amz-Expires=60&X-Amz-Security-Token=IQoJb3JpZ2luX2VjEBwaCWV1LXdlc3QtMiJHMEUCIDFe3hmbZr3QIiJzk4521LbrPvgjuv0XW37nlZS6SjgGAiEA%2Bxpxx5blgttd5xzUPm%2BniaeDLtK7ssvTn3ocFMCOv74quwUIFRAFGgw0NDkyMjkwMzI4MjIiDF3Odsfv6E8ks0DvjCqYBUdFrBnsBzbJZu5LkX03YYt6XAsldceWqULmzaT0uVK%2F%2FXP%2FG6gNjXf2dUAdmK275rqatNXb8obpGjXudcN3lVT2nvBvMKXda45jRGTIiduRCM8Ku%2FP1RKdCCPCCeXMOVECn4g%2F37rjHPPnR3jVX4uxeXn9pSxMjlfkKwCIdLQ3Aqf3OquL%2BEKwHfcfEHVEa9dp0irL9qQDvRsmfUryz9BG%2BUrup2dUQ4W889cg7Jdx3J3sU6F2iCDgWE8%2B3KVVW%2F1%2F4CWuu4rpoOodDDa0D5WHbJAjX9kOKeHjxuWcc%2F8ZOgaH7wqwH6Jly8PCZKoRFmMm1yJT0Y%2FdO759HSjNvzuCMtXGizQyBVVIpSGXN4OJp1W%2BMFGg5QToj%2FRVYre%2BnN0DfTWMtcWR7jbNmFRojL6cSceggbvoz7eSEg3smz9rahj7IqYN1%2BUfe6sbz8bGZK845wpzgcJuZroILyPcolCVhOuJuB1lvVuWV9SLp32B%2BdiefkcDikdnMyFr9Mf1dPEnURRkmi1HyZ9K4kOFzmAzYdmhsSD7eF4KUTh%2B9FXIaEvHzE5bVIu263PnmvnqC%2B9JSaDuzGoDYtyU1Qlda%2BrDnXjNXMw4cQxcAHdCczzxWO76CmKnTBDzkBhcO5bSWcHC18l8Z4CZsdtnXHHtbHsmcoNH361JcX66jX8HsPOYPFYzt8GbVT3w0eK1Xb4s%2FDhtl5s05eijM6HHokakMyNGTYbr024%2BGTwdSgnLxIgAF0HAcn2BmGjT50FgDPeft8Du7qDyrwuitwpH%2Be1XqYlm6v%2F9aaqz%2Bk2%2BXTfOAQP2E%2F7wcLxitKjrNNhQ9lREoPRwX0RaK04Z%2FeHDzlZCap3O8CdLCQsZbKK4w9Int9DhnKlP8A0WYPbQwstmBrwY6sQFEGd8SJxNLoDcLhkT5AqkmblkcBSt1syYU71nFiPFf3tPRlgkRDGfi%2FNGeC%2BN496pWd%2FJGwHqaeti7K7HdIRpKrAPty5FGpoJMauXi%2F%2BLIbrdgA7DB2qOmRq0Ajv15qdeVDf3ztIqHBEwuVypz1Z6MCKeKL9%2BTMb%2BvueZJbuREb81PaCA0kbBp1h1yhqaRVVPZdjqR3sKPVoU4wuBmPFrZqzbpUNPPbqy5CQVlcI%2Feuh4%3D&X-Amz-SignedHeaders=host&response-content-disposition=inline%3Bfilename%3D"companies_house_document.pdf"&X-Amz-Signature=250d87fd311e6e81d3492a47009f6296a1fba69564eec9a2709cf35045a85bdf

3 hours ago, HeyAnty said:

I think we got it badly wrong with Philogene then.  Thats not hindsight by the way, thought it at the time to

Depends on what our buy back option is. 

18 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

How long have you been a member of this forum JV? 🤣

• Haha 2

Â