Matty Cash

paul514

7 hours ago, Steero113 said:

He's most certainly not a championship player, he was our POTS in the Prem in 2021. 

He's just not good enough to do what we require at the highest levels of the league, which is fine. He will need to be upgraded (Nedeljkovic?) if we want to progress. 

Exactly this. A victim of our improvement and more technical set up. He genuinely loves Villa and does his very best. I thought he was much better last night and if you are moaning because he constantly comes back infield it is because that is what he is asked to do. If there isnt a good ball on  then recycle and start again. 

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, GeordieVillan said:

I don’t think he’s rubbish. I think he’s going to be a part of this squad for the foreseeable future and will improve under Emery in the next 12-24 months.

He’s regressed under Emery, one of the only players to do so. It’s absolutely crazy to me that you think he’ll now start magically improving. Emery played Young over him for a reason. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Exactly this. A victim of our improvement and more technical set up. He genuinely loves Villa and does his very best. I thought he was much better last night and if you are moaning because he constantly comes back infield it is because that is what he is asked to do. If there isnt a good ball on  then recycle and start again. 

There were plenty of good balls on with players in space around/in the box. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

He’s regressed under Emery, one of the only players to do so. 

I don't think he has, he is the same player he was two season's ago. The difference is that the rest of the team are better now so he stands out more as the worst player in the team. Two or three years ago he definitely wasn't in our top 3 worst players.

2 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

He’s regressed under Emery, one of the only players to do so. It’s absolutely crazy to me that you think he’ll now start magically improving. Emery played Young over him for a reason. 

6 minutes ago, villa89 said:

I don't think he has, he is the same player he was two season's ago. The difference is that the rest of the team are better now so he stands out more as the worst player in the team. Two or three years ago he definitely wasn't in our top 3 worst players.

yeah, i dont think he has been "found out", i think its more that he is now expected to play in a more technical style, and it just isnt his game, and he cant adapt to it effectively.

he still has all the tools to play how we played 2 years ago, but he just doesnt have the tools to play how we play now, and it shows, unfortunately.

• Like 1

How on earth does he stand out like that coming on in a 5-0 win? 

A CB playing RB outplayed him. Tactical instructions my arse 

Edited by StefanAVFC

5 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

How on earth does he stand out like that coming on in a 5-0 win? 

A CB playing RB outplayed him. Tactical instructions my arse 

i wonder sometimes, say...during the week if im a little harsh on him at times.

then it comes to the weekend, i watch him play, and i slap myself in the chops for ever doubting myself.

tbh, this is how i feel when i see him with the ball at his feet:

giphy.gif

then, whatever he does next, i think:

giphy.gif

Edited by MaVilla

He has the very odd good game, and seems to score just often enough to keep him from being competely useless. I think he's the most obvious player to sell from our first team, if we can find a willing buyer.

And we really do need to find a right back that suits our system. Wonder if they're hoping Ned will fulfil the role next season or we'll go looking for a more experienced option in the summer. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MrBlack said:

He has the very odd good game, and seems to score just often enough to keep him from being competely useless. I think he's the most obvious player to sell from our first team, if we can find a willing buyer.

And we really do need to find a right back that suits our system. Wonder if they're hoping Ned will fulfil the role next season or we'll go looking for a more experienced option in the summer. 

ned-flanders-the-simpsons.gif

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Pinebro said:

What you can never accuse him off is the lack of trying.

Feel bad for him.

I think he's too daft to understand what Unai wants. Poor lad.

6 hours ago, DakotaVilla said:

Plan will be to sell cash I suspect and replace with a first teamer with the Serbian kid being the back up. 

His value on the books in the summer will be about £5m, as he turns 27.

He’s signed up until 2027 too.

You’d like to think you could bank a decent profit with an experienced PL Right Back just hitting his peak (in age terms).

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

I think he's too daft to understand what Unai wants. Poor lad.

A page ago you were saying he was doing exactly what unai wants. Which is it 😄

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

A page ago you were saying he was doing exactly what unai wants. Which is it 😄

He's trying to do what he's told. Doesn't mean he's doing it perfectly.

Emery stands next to him shouting at him for 45 mins of every game he plays. If the lack of forward passing was an issue, he wouldn't be getting any game time at all.

Kosta will most likely come in as backup as still very young and doesn't know the league. In 4-5 years time I reckon he'll be first choice but will obviously get game time in cups, Europe etc. 

I like Cash's effort but time to sell I think, reckon we could get £20m this summer as he's obviously better than when we signed him from Forest and we paid around £14m. Sign Molina for £35-40m and we've got a huge upgrade and a first choice right back for the next 5 years. And it means Konsa can go back to centre back alongside Torres. 

47 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Kosta will most likely come in as backup as still very young and doesn't know the league. In 4-5 years time I reckon he'll be first choice but will obviously get game time in cups, Europe etc. 

I like Cash's effort but time to sell I think, reckon we could get £20m this summer as he's obviously better than when we signed him from Forest and we paid around £14m. Sign Molina for £35-40m and we've got a huge upgrade and a first choice right back for the next 5 years. And it means Konsa can go back to centre back alongside Torres. 

Could easily see someone like West Ham paying that, if not a bit more

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MSvillain said:

Could easily see someone like West Ham paying that, if not a bit more

Palace and West Ham both need right backs and usually have that sort of money to throw around and I think Cash would do well in those teams where they play a less technical game than us.

I still think Cash is a decent player and certainly Premier League standard, just not top 4 level which is where we're trying to get to. People saying he's a Championship player are way off the mark, they must be confusing him with Chambers. 

• Like 1

Â