Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2020/21

Stevo985

On 09/09/2020 at 13:57, PussEKatt said:

I spent most of my $$$ on 2 goalkeepers.

I would not recommend spending considerable money on your 2nd goalkeeper.  Even the top FPL players don't even spend much money on their first choice goalkeeper. Preferring instead to spend a total of 8.5 or maybe 9 across both keepers and spending the money elsewhere.  Your 2nd keeper won't play much, if ever. And if you're planning on rotating them then even still it's a waste to have an expensive one on the bench.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BOF said:

I would not recommend spending considerable money on your 2nd goalkeeper.  Even the top FPL players don't even spend much money on their first choice goalkeeper. Preferring instead to spend a total of 8.5 or maybe 9 across both keepers and spending the money elsewhere.  Your 2nd keeper won't play much, if ever. And if you're planning on rotating them then even still it's a waste to have an expensive one on the bench.

The thing with this, every keeper is at least £4m and whilst I get the point that every penny counts, I still don’t think it’s that onerous to spent another £0.5m on a player you think is more likely to play and particularly if you no1 keeper does get a knock or doesn’t play for whatever reason. I’ve gone for Schmeichel and Martinez as with a likely move to us seeming likely, at 4.5m he’s going to get a lot of game time and (hopefully) points. 

I’ve also shoved Watkins in cos at £6m, hopefully  he will be a bargain!

3 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

The thing with this, every keeper is at least £4m and whilst I get the point that every penny counts, I still don’t think it’s that onerous to spent another £0.5m on a player you think is more likely to play and particularly if you no1 keeper does get a knock or doesn’t play for whatever reason. I’ve gone for Schmeichel and Martinez as with a likely move to us seeming likely, at 4.5m he’s going to get a lot of game time and (hopefully) points. 

I’ve also shoved Watkins in cos at £6m, hopefully  he will be a bargain!

Yep and that's fine. I'm just saying the guys who win it don't do that.

Yeah like I said before, spending loads on goalkeepers isn't a great play. Especially as low priced keepers usually score pretty well anyway.

I've increased my keepers to 9m for both and even that extra 0.5 has caused me problems.

I have read the rules and a few other bits and pieces around the web but I still have 3 questions that I cant find the answer to.Hopefully someone on here can give me the answers before 11am in case I have to do something with my team.

1 - I have Villa players in my squad.As we dont play till game week 2,Do I have to substitute these players for game week 1 or will that happen automatically ?

2 - I cant make sence of the ICT score.Jack,who is our best player only has a average total of 6

3 - I dont understand how the  scores for threat/influence etc work.Jack who is our captain only has 9 for influence while Clive Walker has 55 and Mendy has 93.Also for threat,Vardy only has a 6 while Nobel ( WHU ) has 105.I MUST be missing something here but I cant figure out what it is.

5 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

I have read the rules and a few other bits and pieces around the web but I still have 3 questions that I cant find the answer to.Hopefully someone on here can give me the answers before 11am in case I have to do something with my team.

1 - I have Villa players in my squad.As we dont play till game week 2,Do I have to substitute these players for game week 1 or will that happen automatically ?

2 - I cant make sence of the ICT score.Jack,who is our best player only has a average total of 6

3 - I dont understand how the  scores for threat/influence etc work.Jack who is our captain only has 9 for influence while Clive Walker has 55 and Mendy has 93.Also for threat,Vardy only has a 6 while Nobel ( WHU ) has 105.I MUST be missing something here but I cant figure out what it is.

1. If your player doesn't play, even if their team does and they don't get selected, then they'll be automatically subbed out for a player that does. That is assuming you have a player on your bench who can come on and make a valid formation. For example you need to have at least 3 defenders playing.
For example, Saliba is a defender but didn't make the arsenal squad today. If he was in your first XI he would automatically get subbed out for your first sub. However, if you were only playing 3 defenders and your first sub is a midfielder, it will sub in a defender instead. If none of the rest of your defenders are playing it won't sub in the midfielder if it would leave you with only 2 defenders. 
This stops people selecting 4 cheap defenders who don't play and playing all midfielders and attackers who generally get more points.

2 and 3. I wouldn't worry. I've literally never used the ICT index for anything. I don't know anyone who does. 

Thanks for that Stevo985.

There must be something in those threat and creativity etc stats although I cant find anything usefull on the net.I think it must be like Football manager where they are trying to make it a bit harder or less easy to pick/buy players.Have to wait and see as the season goes on.

When can I make my transfers.After the last game of the week has been played,or on the monday ?

48 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

Thanks for that Stevo985.

There must be something in those threat and creativity etc stats although I cant find anything usefull on the net.I think it must be like Football manager where they are trying to make it a bit harder or less easy to pick/buy players.Have to wait and see as the season goes on.

When can I make my transfers.After the last game of the week has been played,or on the monday ?

You can make them now. As soon as the deadline passes you can make your next transfers. But they won’t come into effect until the following Gameweek. 

So for example if you brought in a Chelsea player right now the points they get tomorrow wouldn’t count for you. 

On 12/09/2020 at 14:46, Stevo985 said:

2 & 3. I wouldn't worry. I've literally never used the ICT index for anything. I don't know anyone who does. 

I sometimes look at ICT scores when on the transfer page as you can list it to display that way and it can help point out non-obvious players who might be performing well. I'll then go look at those players in more detail elsewhere. 

How it's scored though I'm not sure. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

hanks for that.I am thinking about P. Bamford/J.Harrison and M.Klich all from Leeds.I need one of them to replace O.Giroud as I dont expect Giroud to play much football.

Giroud is 7m. I agree he won’t play much. For that price I’d be looking at someone like Callum Wilson. 6.5m and decent fixtures for Newcastle 

So,I got rid of Giroud and bought Bamford from Leeds.The way I see it is that Bamford will play every game so is obviously a better bet than Giroud.As well as that I now have a balance if 1.5 mil.If I wasent a new player and did not know what I was doing I would have bought a better forward still for the whole 7m.Still, live and learn.

One week in and I am enjoying this game. 

Edited by PussEKatt
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Racked up 82 points this weekend. Still got 2 players to (hopefully) get points tonight. 😁

Great score. Assume you captained Salah? :D

That seems to be the big difference between an ok score and a great score this week

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Great score. Assume you captained Salah? :D

That seems to be the big difference between an ok score and a great score this week

Mate of mine did a last minute rush job team including captaining Salah and picking Digne. Those 2 alone scored more than my team.

• Haha 2