Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2020/21

Stevo985

One tweak I'd make to the rules would be if your only available sub is negative points then he doesn't come on.  In real life it's a manager's prerogative to play with 10 men if he wants. You wouldn't choose to damage your team if you could avoid it and zero points is better than negative.  I say that as a non-Bednarek owner. I just think it doesn't make sense to be bringing on lower points than what you already have on the field.

Obviously if there are other available subs then they don't get to jump the queue so they'd have to be a bit clever with the software. But in a situation where minus is the first sub then you should just deadend it with the guy on zero.

That is an interesting idea and I'd be fine with that as the rule but I don't mind the negative scorers coming on as subs. It is obviously very galling when it happens to you but I see it as part of the game. Just another consideration when picking your bench order and bench players.

2 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

That is an interesting idea and I'd be fine with that as the rule but I don't mind the negative scorers coming on as subs. It is obviously very galling when it happens to you but I see it as part of the game. Just another consideration when picking your bench order and bench players.

Yeah I'm fine with the way it is too and obviously it is part of the game. I just think logically if the point is to put out a team with the highest score and my team HAS a higher score than it would by bringing on a sub, why on earth would I; the manager; choose to bring on someone who reduces my score from what it already is. Logically it doesn't make sense.

Just seen the set of games for the weekend. Christ, I think Bamford is my only player with a half decent fixture.

Edit - And Antonio.

Obviously I'd seen all the games individually coming up but it just never registered that they were all in the same week.

Edited by YouUnastanFren

1 hour ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Just seen the set of games for the weekend. Christ, I think Bamford is my only player with a half decent fixture.

Edit - And Antonio.

Obviously I'd seen all the games individually coming up but it just never registered that they were all in the same week.

No Villa players? Arsenal's defence is shot to pieces with injuries/reds and they're on their 3rd choice keeper. 

Of course this means they'll win 1-0 but still. 

21 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

No Villa players? Arsenal's defence is shot to pieces with injuries/reds and they're on their 3rd choice keeper. 

Of course this means they'll win 1-0 but still. 

I've got 3 Villa but I don't think that's a great fixture. They've got Partey back and they're playing well. Leno out is a bonus but it still doesn't make Grealish or Watkins strong captain material imo.

11 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

I've got 3 Villa but I don't think that's a great fixture. They've got Partey back and they're playing well. Leno out is a bonus but it still doesn't make Grealish or Watkins strong captain material imo.

Watkins would make an interesting differential. I agree not likely to be captain but 3rd choice keeper, no Luiz or Tierney an dour decent attacking stats would suggest we should score a goal or two. I'd be disappointed if we didn't. 

I agree next week could be a tricky one. Apart from Antonio and Villa I'm not sure on any easy fixtures. Man Utd might do well against Everton and I've got Bruno and Shaw but who knows, I've also got Digne and DCL so that'll probably be a 0-0. Chelsea against Sheffield should be good but they look improved a bit lately and I'm not sure James will even play. The rest are bad fixtures, however when I've recently looked and had great fixtures across the board I've only ended up with about 30 points so who knows. 

The only saving grace with Liverpool versus Man City is everyone is in the same boat. Most will have a minimum of 4 and probably more players playing each other in that match.  I will once again have a horrible bench dilemma. Although I am coming off Gundogan for that one (almost a Kenneth there).

9 minutes ago, BOF said:

I'd rather face Sideshow Bob than Gabriel, and beware the Martinez effect i.e. sub keeper getting his opportunity and having a worldie.

Runarsson has apparently not looked convincing and appeared quite nervous when starting in the cups. I didn't watch the games though so can't say.