Jaden Philogene

Kingman

3 minutes ago, lexicon said:

There's a world of difference between a joke club like Rangers and RB Leipzig TBF - the latter wanting on one of our youth players would require a bit of a battle on our end and is definitely a concern.

What I meant was rangers never really wanted RHM, it was agent talk to try and push through a deal at villa, if he has 6 months left then this could easily be the same 

Just now, villa4europe said:

What I meant was rangers never really wanted RHM, it was agent talk to try and push through a deal at villa, if he has 6 months left then this could easily be the same 

I hope so - we definitely can't afford to lose our best young players, though. I've no idea why we've let his contract run down so much in the first place.

Hard to tell, again I'm not a fan of agents so I'll blame him before I blame the villa, if Barry and carney signed deals getting them say £5k a week and this guy comes in wanting £15k then I can see why villa want as long as they can get to see if he's worth it or try and negotiate it down, traditionally with only really English clubs to compete with for his signature they'd have until May to get it sorted 

We have some good people in charge of our academy so just have to trust them 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Hard to tell, again I'm not a fan of agents so I'll blame him before I blame the villa, if Barry and carney signed deals getting them say £5k a week and this guy comes in wanting £15k then I can see why villa want as long as they can get to see if he's worth it or try and negotiate it down, traditionally with only really English clubs to compete with for his signature they'd have until May to get it sorted 

We have some good people in charge of our academy so just have to trust them 

It's a problem, isn't it? You don't want to break the structure and set much higher precedents for wages, but at the same time you don't want to let a player go who could be the next Sterling or Sancho - especially as we'd be getting peanuts

Obviously not to be held ransom (not saying he is making unrealistic demands, I have no clue) but with the new Brexit rules coming into effect at the new year keeping our young talents is even more important.

Really hope he signs a new contract.

• Like 3

A Bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush.

He has great potential, but I too, trust the club to make the right move.

A young player called "Marlon Broom" was playing the villa many years ago, and he left in the end, got nowhere in the game, after rave reviews....its a dangerous game to play for any young player, if of course that is whats happening.

I always get very dubious of young players getting ahead of themselves at a young age.

Edited by TRO

4 hours ago, lexicon said:

He was a bit unlucky that the position of sweeper sort of disappeared around the time he was coming of age 

They do say that the transition from Broom to Sweeper is the hardest to make in any young brushes career

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

Saw this earlier about Jaden potentially moviNg on; apparently his contract was only a year long. Leipzig interest as mentioned aNovember (along with Arsenal and City)  but this seems to think he could be on his way to Brugge.

Would assume if that's the case he's very keen for first team football. Tough one, we all know we don't see Trez, Traore and AEG as the future but hard for him to get a look in - plus he favours the left hand side which is obviously even tougher. A 3 year deal and a season long loan would be ideal for us and him you feel, be a shame to lose him

• Like 2

On 18/01/2021 at 22:53, HalfTimePost said:

Saw this earlier about Jaden potentially moviNg on; apparently his contract was only a year long. Leipzig interest as mentioned aNovember (along with Arsenal and City)  but this seems to think he could be on his way to Brugge.

Would assume if that's the case he's very keen for first team football. Tough one, we all know we don't see Trez, Traore and AEG as the future but hard for him to get a look in - plus he favours the left hand side which is obviously even tougher. A 3 year deal and a season long loan would be ideal for us and him you feel, be a shame to lose him

This guy seems to think he’s gone. No idea where the info is 🤷‍♂️

Are the 'AVFC Faithful' very reliable? I've scrolled through some of their tweets and it doesn't look like they usually deal in speculation, but apart from a Brugge fan account linking them with Philogene-Bidace earlier today I can't find anything else, yet people are reacting to the AVFC Faithful tweet as if it's confirmation that he's going.

If there's any truth to it and they're going to give him game time, then surely it would benefit him and us more, if it was a loan move.

Along with Chukwuemeka he's probably been the best and most consistent player for our U23s this season from what I've seen, he and Barry are the only two scoring on a regular basis as well. No guarantees that he's going to make it, but would be a big shame to lose him.

• Like 1

Â