Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

2 hours ago, Oaks said:

Im not overly worried until the summer. when we get past 2 years remaining however the ball starts to fall in the players court a lot more. Theres big clubs out there without a decent striker who will pay £40=50 for him in the summer.

Believe we've already gone past two years? 18 months to go in Jan?

Via Romano on Facebook: His Offical Page.

Not ideal is it? Especially as he's been touted as an Arsenal " fan " 

🚨 EXCLUSIVE 🚨
Arsenal’s current position on Ollie Watkins is CLEAR ⚽
The player is ready to listen to contract proposals ✍🏻
Get 1 Year's Subscription to my Premium Newsletter FREE! Subscribe NOW - https://thedailybriefing.io/f45f7a06
Full story - Link in Comments 👇👇

Screenshot_20230928_152236_Facebook-min.jpg

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

5 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Via Romano on Facebook: His Offical Page.

Not ideal is it? Especially as he's been touted as an Arsenal " fan " 

🚨 EXCLUSIVE 🚨
Arsenal’s current position on Ollie Watkins is CLEAR ⚽
The player is ready to listen to contract proposals ✍🏻
Get 1 Year's Subscription to my Premium Newsletter FREE! Subscribe NOW - https://thedailybriefing.io/f45f7a06
Full story - Link in Comments 👇👇

Screenshot_20230928_152236_Facebook-min.jpg

Whats clear? He says absolutely nothing as usual and am not signing up to his crap newsletter

He can only talk contracts to us for the next 18 months which is what the clearing in the woods is indicating

• Like 1

Cash has far too high an opinion of himself 😆

Shooting is shit and I wish he’d stop trying it from stupid angles…

Ratings for most of our players are too low in general… 

Tielemans Pace 50 😂 Go on then 😂

Pau passing 68 🤦‍♂️

Ollie’s shooting could be higher, physicality too.

22 hours ago, DJBOB said:

If Arsenal want to pay up, then it works out for all sides.

But I wouldn't really accept anything less than 75M+ for him.

He's not a 75mil player imo.

I think he's done well for us and I'd be happy for him to sign a new contract, then on the other had I really wouldnt be bothered if he left.

I just don't think he's ever really embraced being a Villa player maybe he thinks he has a higher ceiling than us, I just don't feel any passion for the club from Ollie.

13 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Pau passing 68 🤦‍♂️

🤣 wtf

14 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Pau passing 68 🤦‍♂️

The passing rating includes free kicks and crossing. His actual short passing is 80 and long passing 78

Edited by villan95

Just now, zab6359 said:

He's not a 75mil player imo.

I think he's done well for us and I'd be happy for him to sign a new contract, then on the other had I really wouldnt be bothered if he left.

I just don't think he's ever really embraced being a Villa player maybe he thinks he has a higher ceiling than us, I just don't feel any passion for the club from Ollie.

Of course he is. He averages a goal or assist every other game and there's also the English nationality tax. 

6 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Of course he is. He averages a goal or assist every other game and there's also the English nationality tax. 

Aside from this, iit's about what he's worth to US, and how much it would take to replace him etc.

The Brighton players moved on to Chelsea etc aren't worth the figures they've gone for either but hey.

I don’t want to sell Ollie at all, but £100m (which isn’t outside the realm of possibilities) would help sort FFP for another 2-3 years as we only wait around £30 for him didn’t we? 

I am jealous of teams like Brighton who have good recruitment and make money on their transfers, but I suppose you have to be willing to let players go in their prime and have faith in the clubs ability to replace them.

17 minutes ago, villan95 said:

The passing rating includes free kicks and crossing. His actual short passing is 80 and long passing 78

His passing should be higher than that tbf. When you can play precise balls through the lines as consistently as he does.

It was interesting them saying “Dougie is only a 79 and he’s a ballers it’s ridiculous “. As I suspected Dougie is one of the leaders now. 

If Caciedo is £100m then Ollie is at least that much. It’s what he’s worth to us and how much a replacement will cost. 

57 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

His passing should be higher than that tbf. When you can play precise balls through the lines as consistently as he does.

Yeah you're probably right but I think that's just the way the game is. They're not interested in creating a proper football simulation IMO.

Anyway back to Watkins and I think some of these valuations are fanciful when he's running down to the last year of his deal. If he left next summer I'd be surprised if we got £50M.

14 minutes ago, villan95 said:

Yeah you're probably right but I think that's just the way the game is. They're not interested in creating a proper football simulation IMO.

Anyway back to Watkins and I think some of these valuations are fanciful when he's running down to the last year of his deal. If he left next summer I'd be surprised if we got £50M.

Hmmm…

I wonder what FM ratings or stats are on our players.

I play neither game 😆

Just interesting to see how our players (and club) are perceived… from the outside.

A long way to go to be seen as a “top side” in general it seems…

Not that it matters 😆

Â