Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Haters gonna hate. Ollie gonna play 😆 

Hopefully a contract announcement next week. 

Bloody hell mate it's not hate. It's just opinions. Let's see if he improves on his 2 in 13 before getting too carried away.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

Absolutely anonymous over 90 mins.

Won the game with a brilliant finish.

Nothing about him makes sense.

5th game from 6 with a goal contributing action. If he starts we have a great chance at scoring and winning. Long may it continue. 

• Like 4

Just now, Tom13 said:

Bloody hell mate it's not hate. It's just opinions. Let's see if he improves on his 2 in 13 before getting too carried away.

I’m joking but he’s clearly not liked by some. The fact you say let’s see if he improves on his 2 in 13 speaks volumes.  

I think he’s been doing just fine even when he’s not scoring so I’m quick to defend him I admit.  I’m confident he will go on a scoring streak now. 

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m joking but he’s clearly not liked by some. The fact you say let’s see if he improves on his 2 in 13 speaks volumes.  

I think he’s been doing just fine even when he’s not scoring so I’m quick to defend him I admit.  I’m confident he will go on a scoring streak now. 

'Not liked' makes it sound as if it's personal or something, it's really not.

Just now, Tom13 said:

As obsessive as you continuously quoting me.

Yeah, maybe.  Your ability to just constantly nitpick at his abilities gets to me, I suppose.  It's shifted from scoring (you're getting back there now though, in fairness), to first touch and then, when that improved, it's gone on to his passing.

Even in the match thread you put something like "ffs, Ollie winding me up there by passing too casually".  Zero comment from anyone else.

It's commendable, in all honesty :D 

9 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Why is it 2 in 13 as some arbitrary figure. That seems a very random number or this it suit a certain type of agenda

He has 9 in his last 20 league games or 13 goals and 5 assists in 28 games for the year 2023

• Like 3

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

Yeah, maybe.  Your ability to just constantly nitpick at his abilities gets to me, I suppose.  It's shifted from scoring (you're getting back there now though, in fairness), to first touch and then, when that improved, it's gone on to his passing.

Even in the match thread you put something like "ffs, Ollie winding me up there by passing too casually".  Zero comment from anyone else.

It's commendable, in all honesty :D 

It's a forum to discuss players' strengths and weaknesses, if you can't take it, don't visit, or at the very least you could put me on ignore 👍

Ollie I’m afraid is always going to be a source of frustration - I would say this will be his career tbh.

He scored a goal today, which frankly I’m still scratching my head as to how he did so, considering the angle he shot from, but then he is also capable of some school boy errors.

I am not sure if his first touch, will ever be enough to drag him into elite mode - but if he could only repeat his form, from the second half of last season - I’m sure we will all take it his 

Â