Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

33 minutes ago, supermon said:

Is it bad that I thought Watkins wouldn't finish the Ella Toone goal?

Nah, it was great technique and composure tbf - lots of strikers in the PL wouldn't have scored like that. 

17 minutes ago, Mark_1989 said:

He also would have missed the German chance too.

Nah. He's good at those kind of finishes. He's hit double figures two seasons in a row in the prem - he's not the absolute donkey you're portraying him to be. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lexicon said:

Nah. He's good at those kind of finishes. He's hit double figures two seasons in a row in the prem - he's not the absolute donkey you're portraying him to be. 

Have to say he’s been doing a pretty good donkey impersonation in pre-season.

• Like 1

So am I right in saying Watkins has only been playing as an out and out striker for the past two seasons which coincides with his top flight debut and in both got double figures in goals … And people are questioning his credentials and suitability… We are a very bored and slightly spoilt fan base 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, lexicon said:

7th most goals from a striker last season, wasn't he?

I hope I am proved wrong and he performs well, but from what we have watched from the past season, I’m far from confident he is the man to take us to Europe.

Any time he has to show composure he is next to useless. Snap shots or when he dosent have to think he’s ok, but his first touch is garbage and not clinical enough through on goal.

4 minutes ago, thabucks said:

So am I right in saying Watkins has only been playing as an out and out striker for the past two seasons which coincides with his top flight debut and in both got double figures in goals … And people are questioning his credentials and suitability… We are a very bored and slightly spoilt fan base 

Absolutely. He's useless.

Spoilt....why? Because we as a fanbase want the team to improve? We won't be improving much if he is our starting striker this season. I don't care if he got double figures last season - we as a team would score more and concede less if he didn't constantly give the ball away. 

But sorry, yeh, spoilt. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Absolutely. He's useless.

Spoilt....why? Because we as a fanbase want the team to improve? We won't be improving much if he is our starting striker this season. I don't care if he got double figures last season - we as a team would score more and concede less if he didn't constantly give the ball away. 

But sorry, yeh, spoilt. 

Id argue that our midfield doing the same is a far bigger issue 

Watkins deserves another season

He's not why we finished 14th 

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Id argue that our midfield doing the same is a far bigger issue 

Watkins deserves another season

He's not why we finished 14th 

Agree to an extent. But a striker is a priority after another central midfielder. 

• Like 1

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

Agree to an extent. But a striker is a priority after another central midfielder. 

I want to see Gerrard do something before we sign another striker 

Our attacking formation and shape is shit and needs a lot of work 

Add to that the striker market is barren and we have Archer trying to come through - one more year

Another season of bad performances from Ollie and it can't be considered form anymore 

13 minutes ago, thabucks said:

He is far from useless … and yes I believe our fan base is becoming even more fickle and self entitled. 

No it's not. Fickle is such a nonsensical buzzword. I cringe every time I hear someone use it as a way to try and discredit another persons opinion. We get it, you saw it on the banner used against O'Leary. 

Watkins has been very poor lately and I want Villa to be successful. I'm of the opinion that in order for us to get into Europe, something we'd all love I'm sure, he needs to be improved upon. Whether that's Ings or Archer, I don't know, but Watkins is a real headache at the moment. What's fickle and self entitled about that?

• Like 3

Â