Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

1 hour ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Oh for fvcks sake. Seriously? I knew this would be the counter argument. Read the quote I responded to. The pictures literally prove he went over and celebrated with his teammates against Leeds. 

No need to get your knickers in a twist you chose to focus on one part of the post and not the other part where he looks miserable which your post shows he was.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, chrisvilla4 said:

I think we've all had a crap time of things of late, hell, the whole world has! 

Maybe he's having a crap time of it too. What do you do? Keep playing so he might score and build his confidence or bench him and give him a break? 

Maybe we just cut him some slack. 

If he’s having a crap time you bench him and give him a break.  It’s not all about Ollie so you take he out of the fire and give him the support he needs.  The team utilise their alternatives that can potentially do a job and hopefully the team builds confidence, which will in turn then be in a better shape to help Ollie with his confidence as he’s slowly reincorporated into the team.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

No need to get your knickers in a twist you chose to focus on one part of the post and not the other part where he looks miserable which your post shows he was.

You blatantly lied about him not going over to celebrate with his team mates and said he’s not a team player. Just gonna skirt around that part?

• Like 1

Just now, Aston_Villan4 said:

You blatantly lied about him not going over to celebrate with his team mates and said he’s not a team player. Just gonna skirt around that part?

What about him being ineffective, is that a lie too?

As far as I'm concerned, Gerrard has played him and played him to try and regain his form, it ain't happened. Saturday he won't be starting.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

As far as I'm concerned, Gerrard has played him and played him to try and regain his form, it ain't happened. Saturday he won't be starting.

Well yeah, it is. He was gnat's bollock away from his goal being allowed the other day.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

That has nothing to do with the conversation at hand. Can you not see that I’m not arguing his effectiveness, that I’m arguing against this narrative that he’s not a team player and doesn’t celebrate with his teammates when they score?

Edited by Aston_Villan4
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Well yeah, it is. He was gnat's bollock away from his goal being allowed the other day.

So still ineffective?

My issue is not only isn’t he scoring, my bigger issue is his all round play which is not at the levels, for some time, that we are used to.  

Even a few months back when he did score a couple of goals this thread was full of his change in Ollie but the gatekeepers of him kept saying “yeah but he’s scoring” but now he’s not doing that.  

I love Ollie to pieces but something is well off with him for most of this season and I’m sick of watching game after game at the moment as he’s getting worse.  

I don’t care the reasons, he needs to be benched as we have alternatives and if he needs support offline then get it him, if it’s just off form then he has to fight for his place in the team.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Come on folks. We are a supportive fan base. Ollie is a good forward who is out of form and likely to be rotated. Nothing more. 

Lets support him or Ings whoever is selected.

giphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1

Looks like a superspreader event there mate 😉

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Come on folks. We are a supportive fan base. Ollie is a good forward who is out of form and likely to be rotated. Nothing more. 

Lets support him or Ings whoever is selected.

giphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1

Can't even see Ollie there, so it actually is true🤣

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

And heres my research

1st goal border line miserable. Not even running towards coutinho 

20220215_211409.jpg

2nd one again doesnt bother celebrating

20220215_211429.jpg

3rd one he stops after ramsey scores doesnt even acknowledge him or go to him like he is happy with him.

20220215_211458.jpg

Body language speaks volumes

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, a m ole said:

This is absolutely **** insane, get a grip.

Couple of grown man want another man to smile and dance for them so they know he still loves the Villa. 🤦🏽‍♂️

• Like 1

Man, we don't half turn on our players (and managers) quickly. First patch of poor form and we're binning him off, overanalyzing his body language, the works. He's been off the boil for sure, but so much has changed for him in the last 6 months. Turning on him is definitely going to turn his form around, yup, we got this!

• Like 1

Just now, Demitri_C said:

No one has said that so stop making nonsense up

Just a page ago you were calling him a bad teammate because he won't celebrate to the level YOU demand. 

Surprise a striker struggling to score at the moment isn't loving his football. Ollie must be the first striker to ever go through a rough patch. The perfect way to lift him up is accuse him of being a poor teammate and to celebrate the goals of his teammates more. Yep that'll do it. Job done. 

42 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

Couple of grown man want another man to smile and dance for them so they know he still loves the Villa. 🤦🏽‍♂️

Rather a bizarre comment considering 40,000 in the ground and many more watching tv want him to run around and kick a ball around. 😂 My little brother hates football and doesn’t understand why some of the family are so passionate about, as he says “22 men running around kicking a ball of air”

Edited by nick76
  • Haha 2

Â