Academy General Topic

mikeyp102

Josh Barton has been released.

Hmm.. am I the only one surprised by this? not so much him getting released but the timing of it is quite awful to say the least.

Perhaps he has been released because he doesn't want to play football any more.

He's taken up Calvin Klein modelling (that wasn't a joke, was it?).*

This may be his timing.

*You might have thought he looked good in the Nextgen final but his next performance will be pants.

His tweets suggest it was not his decision. He said something like 'incredible how life can go from such a high to such a low', but then did go on to say he would now 'follow his dream to become a Calvin klein model', which suggests his dream wasn't to be a footballer.

He didn't look bad at all when I saw him.

His tweets suggest it was not his decision. He said something like 'incredible how life can go from such a high to such a low', but then did go on to say he would now 'follow his dream to become a Calvin klein model', which suggests his dream wasn't to be a footballer.

He didn't look bad at all when I saw him.

Or maybe it suggests he has a sense of humor about the whole thing, either way, he looked decent the very few times i saw him,

I gather Josh Barton is a bit of a joker, I think the Calvin Klein thing was a joke at the fact he has now been released so he can pursue that career, I don't think for a minute he was serious!!

Anyhow, in terms of his release, I don't think that this is any real surprise at all. The club are looking for players that will be good enough to play in the first team, they obviously don't believe that this player is capable of that, nothing more, nothing less. He is coming to the end of his contract and has been told it won't be renewed, the club have probably paid him up and now he has an opportunity to go and find another club, it happens all the time and is the normal way of doing things. The timing is also no great surprise, the next gen tournament is now complete, finishing the clubs commitment to field 2 sides at U21 levels (above academy level), they obviously feel that they have the players to cope with the end of the U21 season and don't need to keep hold of him. One thing Villa have always been very good at it is helping these kids to find a new club.

In terms of his footballing ability, again, I'm not massively surprised. He is quick and decent on the ball, but I don't think he has enough to go on to be a Premier League player, they definitely liked him because he is quick but obviously he couldn't add enough to his game to enhance that.

Sounds like Mr Grealish had a good game last night. Looking forward to seeing the goals on AVTV

Callum Robinson also scored. He had an excellent Nextgen final.

So a lad who started in the nextgen final has been released from the club.

Hmmm I'm sure there was someone on here who said winning a youth cup didn't mean anything.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

• Like 1

Hmmm I'm sure there was someone on here who said winning a youth cup didn't mean anything.

:) :)

U16s drew 1-1 against Watford yesterday, Easah Suliman with the goal.

Do you know what the team was?

I think these lads were involved, but not totally sure:

Charlie Bannister

Andre Green

Corey Taylor

Easah Suliman

Jacob Jones

Harry? (could be McKirdy but he has been injured)

Dylan Forth

Callum O'Hare

Ben Hodges

Luke Coleman

2 trialist (1 a CB, the other an Irish striker)

When they're all released you can come back and say that again.

Nobody really expected every single player in the XI to make it to the Villa first team. That would be an unreasonable expectation.

Man Utd got about 5 or 6 out of one very good team. That's probably the limit.

When they're all released you can come back and say that again.

Nobody really expected every single player in the XI to make it to the Villa first team. That would be an unreasonable expectation.

Man Utd got about 5 or 6 out of one very good team. That's probably the limit.

You might want to check the quote from the assistant academy director.

Haha

Â