Help in the time of need

Mic09

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

I live in Halesowen and commute to Worcester Hospital - if you need me to, I can pop by (if I can get whatever they require).

Just drop me a private message with any requests.  

I work Mon-Fri, and usually work from home Thursdays. :thumb: 

Thanks mate. I'd really appreciate that. They've got a neighbour looking out for them, but if the neighbour gets ill they're hosed.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, danceoftheshamen said:

Hi all, as a wellness advocate for a large US company i sometimes come across more detailed info which may be of some help to some of my fellow Villa fans.. Please take it as it's intended purely as some info which you may not have heard that may or may not help in this difficult time, though be aware that this situation is changing all the time so i accept no responsibility or blame for anyone using this info and still getting the virus. It is purely meant to elaborate the understanding of just how easy it is to catch it in an attempt to do whatever one can help to avoid it. Of course there is no guarantee that you will regardless as it really is a nasty one.

Firstly Covid-19 means this.. CO Represents COrona, VI represents VIrus & D represents Disease whilst the 19 is the year the virus was first identified in humans.

Here is some info about the symptoms etc

Take precautions & Stay Safe fellow Villans

THE SYMPTOMS OF COVID-19 CORONAVIRUS

1. It will first infect the throat, so you'll have a sore throat lasting 3/4 days

2. The virus then blends into a nasal fluid that enters the trachea and then the lungs, causing pneumonia. This takes about 5/6 days further.

3. With pneumonia comes high fever and difficulty in breathing.

4. The nasal congestion is not like the normal kind. You feel like you're drowning. It's imperative you then seek immediate attention.

SPREAD THE WORD

CORONAVIRUS FOR GUIDANCE:

1. If you have a runny nose and sputum, you have a common cold.

2. Coronavirus pneumonia is a dry cough with no runny nose.

3. This new virus is not heat-resistant and will be killed by a temperature of just 26/27 Celsius. It hates the Sun.

4. If someone sneezes with it, it takes about 10 feet before it drops to the ground and is no longer airborne.

5. If it drops on a metal surface it will live for at least 12 hours - so if you come into contact with any metal surface - wash your hands as soon as you can with a bacterial soap.

6. On fabric, it can survive for 6-12 hours. normal laundry detergent will kill it.

7. Drinking warm water is effective for all viruses. Try not to drink liquids with ice.

8. Wash your hands frequently as the virus can only live on your hands for 5-10 minutes, but - a lot can happen during that time - you can rub your eyes, pick your nose unwittingly and so on.

9. You should also gargle as prevention. A simple solution of salt in warm water will suffice.

10. Can't emphasize enough - drink plenty of water!

My mom sent me an almost identical whatsappp message, except the first part read as follows;

"from a young researcher who had been transferred from Shenzhen to Wuhan to collaborate with the task force that is fighting the coronavirus epidemic, we receive and willingly transmit all of this clear information, which describe exactly what it is.  The virus, how it transfers from one person to another and how it can neutralised in everyday life."

So my question is - where did you get that from? Is it your own words?  

We need to be clear where the information is coming from.  It's weird I've seen that almost identical message from 3 different people now. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/16/us/coronavirus-text-messages-national-quarantine.html

Be Wary of Those Texts From a Friend of a Friend’s Aunt

Text messages claiming to have inside knowledge were the latest example of misinformation spreading amid anxiety about the coronavirus.

Edited by lapal_fan

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

My mom sent me an almost identical whatsappp message, except the first part read as follows;

"from a young researcher who had been transferred from Shenzhen to Wuhan to collaborate with the task force that is fighting the coronavirus epidemic, we receive and willingly transmit all of this clear information, which describe exactly what it is.  The virus, how it transfers from one person to another and how it can neutralised in everyday life."

So my question is - where did you get that from? Is it your own words?  

We need to be clear where the information is coming from.  It's weird I've seen that almost identical message from 3 different people now. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/16/us/coronavirus-text-messages-national-quarantine.html

Will PM you Lapal_fan

• Thanks 1

Decided to bury the hatchet with the old dear who lives above me (she’s had three floods in her flat which have caused damage to my property in the 8 years I’ve been here and denied every one). Left a note under her door tonight to offer to get her groceries in. Wonder if she’ll stop pretending I don’t exist now. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Went and saw Tom and Eunice tonight. Knocked and stood a couple of metres back. Told them I will put my number through their door and to call me if they want anything. I hope they will.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, villan-scott said:

Hi Rob. I actually live in Kidderminster and have been pulled off the road for work now, so ‘working’ from home. If they need anything don’t hesitate to ask! Cheers

That's awesome mate. My sister's in Cleobury so will try to cover most for them like their main shopping, but it's more the occasional bits they run out of or if they need something fresh.  My brother is living with them, but he's in his 50s and has MS so he's been advised to stay home too.

They're down on the Spennells estate - is that close to you?

PS - I love my VT family.  This place is awesome x

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

That's awesome mate. My sister's in Cleobury so will try to cover most for them like their main shopping, but it's more the occasional bits they run out of or if they need something fresh.  My brother is living with them, but he's in his 50s and has MS so he's been advised to stay home too.

They're down on the Spennells estate - is that close to you?

PS - I love my VT family.  This place is awesome x

Everywhere in Kidderminster is close to be fair! I can get to Spennells in 10 minutes max! My sister lives on there too. Just let me know. Happy to drop a few bits by if need be 👍

Hopefully they’re all doing well. 

• Like 2

Things are starting to get a little easier to buy. Completed my elderly neighbours shopping list this morning and will drop it round tonight. It's been a mare, but essentials appearing on shelves now. 

And from a purely selfish point of view, if you are in a supermarket and maybe they don’t have all the things you want, just maybe stop and ask the store colleague how they are.  The best and worst of humanity is being shown at this time but it seems the worst is in supermarkets and it could be somebody’s daughter who has been working for at least 12 hours per day that you are abusing.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, villan-scott said:

Everywhere in Kidderminster is close to be fair! I can get to Spennells in 10 minutes max! My sister lives on there too. Just let me know. Happy to drop a few bits by if need be 👍

Hopefully they’re all doing well. 

Seems my sister managed to get them well stocked-up so they should be ok for 2-3 weeks, hopefully. I'll drop you a DM tomorrow so we can exchange numbers, though, just in case.  Truly appreciate this, mate.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Seems my sister managed to get them well stocked-up so they should be ok for 2-3 weeks, hopefully. I'll drop you a DM tomorrow so we can exchange numbers, though, just in case.  Truly appreciate this, mate.

Great stuff. Yep I’ll send you over my number 👍