The premier league is null and void thread, what next?

Jareth

The premier could be made to carry on if we thought about it a little more, players made to play fifa 20 pro clubs could be the answer. With a few updates on fifa to the pro clubs system could easily be made to accommodate all the needs on the pitch. Not to mention we would be able to view the games within the fifa game if you own it. I know it's not the same as watching them in person at matches or on tv so then watching them play a version of themselves on a game would be the next best thing.

On pro clubs for those of you who either don't have a player on that game mode or have fifa itself, it's a game mode where you earn experience and skill points by playing good. You can't as simply move out of position either because you just drop rating on the pitch and earn less experience overall. The mode itself can be done in drop in matches which is a quick play or be played as if you were a football club itself and have upto 22 players online. Like I said one update could be that subs are added along with manager tools to allow managers to switch things up on pitch (somethings can be done already) but it could be made more complexes to suit the atmosphere on the pitch.

Pro clubs games can be very tactical, it's not as easy as just outrun a player, you can be quickly closed down or easy opened up because each player is in ccontrol of a player who is there own. It requires real team work to make a successful pro clubs team and if the numbers are even like 11 v 11 then it really does reflect what gameplay on the field is like.

The season could be finished and points picked up or lost via fifa 20. Wins, draws, losses on fifa 20 could reflect how the premier finishes.

So really there is an option to have no contact matches and maybe it's about time that a system like this was put into place if the world's of sport can not go ahead in real life. I bet the players would have a blast and games would be exciting to watch even more when you know your faverites are on the other end playing for the fans still, it's just in another way.

A few updates or more and fifa 20 could easy be changed to suit the premier league or other football league's games in these times of footballing disasters.

Edited by Dave-R

37 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

The premier could be made to carry on if we thought about it a little more, players made to play fifa 20 pro clubs could be the answer. With a few updates on fifa to the pro clubs system could easily be made to accommodate all the needs on the pitch. Not to mention we would be able to view the games within the fifa game if you own it. I know it's not the same as watching them in person at matches or on tv so then watching them play a version of themselves on a game would be the next best thing.

On pro clubs for those of you who either don't have a player on that game mode or have fifa itself, it's a game mode where you earn experience and skill points by playing good. You can't as simply move out of position either because you just drop rating on the pitch and earn less experience overall. The mode itself can be done in drop in matches which is a quick play or be played as if you were a football club itself and have upto 22 players online. Like I said one update could be that subs are added along with manager tools to allow managers to switch things up on pitch (somethings can be done already) but it could be made more complexes to suit the atmosphere on the pitch.

Pro clubs games can be very tactical, it's not as easy as just outrun a player, you can be quickly closed down or easy opened up because each player is in ccontrol of a player who is there own. It requires real team work to make a successful pro clubs team and if the numbers are even like 11 v 11 then it really does reflect what gameplay on the field is like.

The season could be finished and points picked up or lost via fifa 20. Wins, draws, losses on fifa 20 could reflect how the premier finishes.

So really there is an option to have no contact matches and maybe it's about time that a system like this was put into place if the world's of sport can not go ahead in real life. I bet the players would have a blast and games would be exciting to watch even more when you know your faverites are on the other end playing for the fans still, it's just in another way.

A few updates or more and fifa 20 could easy be changed to suit the premier league or other football league's games in these times of footballing disasters.

Is this a real post?

• Haha 2

After dipping into the FIFA threads in off-topic gaming over the years, @Dave-R is nothing if not enthusiastic about the merits of EA's annual cashino-with-added-football release.  And my immediate thought was just to pour as much scorn that the idea of using eSports to complete an actual real-life football league deserves.  (For a start, if they were going to do this, it'd been through Kick off 2 anyway).

Whilst the UCI has recently taken steps to attempt to codify some rules and regulations around eSport competitions that would fall under their control, these standings will still be separate from actual real life events - and the idea that some digitised representation of a sport, with it's in built failings, exploits and idiosyncrasies (not to mention the multitude of games these days with built in gameplay "problems" that just happen to have a purchasable resolution) could somehow be integrated into real-life sport.  Well,, at least it's given me 5 minutes of fun at least.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sne said:

Even my Wrestle Mania type battle royale ladder fight at Wembley idea is a better than that one :D 

Each club sends their mascot to run the 90-s style Gladiator TV final run, travelator and all.  Final league standings based on time taken.  We can also invite West Brom's Ideal Boiler man* and Marcelo Bielsa's bucket along to give them a shot at promotion.

*Yes I know it's not their actual mascot, but it's my idea, so my rules.

Edited by CardiffGreens
  • Like 2

Look getting everyone to play Fifa is a great idea as some sort of experiment or a bit of a laugh.

But actually advocating it to decide the real life premier league is absolutely bat shit

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/03/2020 at 20:13, useless said:

🪐They'll do whatever possible to make sure that the rest of the season is played🌟

🔭🧑‍🚀👩‍🚀

2 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

So possibility that 3oclock kos will be shown once it all resumes. It’s such a weird rule anyway

I understand the logic of it but in modern times with streams they've lost that battle

The more realistic battle for the government to fight is that the obscene money in the PL trickles down

• Like 1

Â