What's cooking / VT cookbook merge

trimandson

Do you like to cook ?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like to cook ?

• Yes
    • No

If you seal them in the pan I would probably go for about 20/25 mins at gas 6/180c pre-heated. I would expect the cheese will be oozing out at that point

Brilliant cheers mate

If you seal them in the pan I would probably go for about 20/25 mins at gas 6/180c pre-heated. I would expect the cheese will be oozing out at that point

Brilliant cheers mate

Id put them in the middle of the oven, not the top!

Yes, fry them to colour and seal them on both sides. It will give a nice texture, flavour and colour before you bake them. Decent hot pan and it will only take about a minute per side, just make sure the are firmly packed when you put them in the pan and turn them carefully to prevent them falling apart!

I'd put them in a lot longer then this, when I made burgers (BTW, how class is it to make your own burgers!!?) I made the same mistake, and they took about an hour to cook. Although one was the size of my face :D

What seasoning did you use? I put paprika and cumin in mine, beautiful they were, with garlic & chilli chips and mayo to serve.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.....! I love burgers!

Of course, a burger is in reality only an oversized meatball.

So why not try casseroling in a tasty sauce. - If it's blue cheese you stuffed the burgers with, then perhaps whipping up a basic white sauce and addingonions and msuhrooms might do the trick? Or cheating amd making a roasted veg/tomato sauce - always good with mince.

Of course, a burger is in reality only an oversized meatball.

So why not try casseroling in a tasty sauce. - If it's blue cheese you stuffed the burgers with, then perhaps whipping up a basic white sauce and addingonions and msuhrooms might do the trick? Or cheating amd making a roasted veg/tomato sauce - always good with mince.

mmmm Are we invited for tea JuJu??? lol

I would have just made em smaller & stuck the rest in the fridge or freezer...but still they'll be long since demolished by now...

So come on then...how were they???!!!

l

la Trim du incinerate?

Ha I did that with one side of a pork chop tonight...for my son's tea.

It's ok I said... It's caramelised the sauce!!..

I love cooking but was busy on the phone! :oops:

l

la Trim du incinerate?

Ha I did that with one side of a pork chop tonight...for my son's tea.

It's ok I said... It's caramelised the sauce!!..

I love cooking but was busy on the phone! :oops:

:lol: Quality! There are only a few terms a real chef needs to know.

Al dente - explains why vegetables, pasta and other non-proteins are believed to be undercooked!

A point - explains why meat is believed to be too rare

Caremelised - explains why anything is believed to be overcooked by direct heat.

Puree - explains why anything is believed to be overcooked by indirect heat.

Lol.

Turned out perfectly, the cheese stayed in the middle of the burgers which was brilliant as i was half expecting them to pop open in the oven.

They took around 35 minutes to cook at 180.

Completed the meal with garlic bread i'd prepared earlier which is so incredibly easy and much nicer then frozen warmed up crap.

Thanks guys

Yeah, come on, man! How did they work out? Did they work out perfectly succulent and just off medium rare or did you cook them a la Trim du incinerate?

Haha joker!

I know how to cook my mate

^^^^^ lol^^^^^

Never tried burgers with cream cracker crumbs...normally use oats or breadcrumbs....

I'll give it a whizz though Bicks.....& I might put blue cheese in them as well!

Make sure you bash the crackers really fine, I use a freezer bag with onr of those sealing strips on, then roll the buggers with a rolling pin until they are really fine, if using the crackers, using the egg is also really important

Its a Jamie Oliver thing the crackers and the egg

Â