Do you like to cook ?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like to cook ?

• Yes
    • No

got to go with pasta as well

dead easy to do, search for any reciepe on line but try this

Pasta of any kind works but Tagilette probably the best

plus some quality cooked ham and chicken - easy no cooking !!

creme fraiche

Peppers

Mushrooms

Tabasco for a bit space

stir fry the vegetables with a touch of tabasco and some other seasonings

boil the pasta

mix together

stir in creme fraiche

easy ...

10 mins

done

Another simple dish is tagliatelle pesto with chicken and bacon.

Cut some chicken breast and bacon into strips. Put the chicken in the pan and stir fry it in a bit of olive oil. Put the bacon in a couple of minutes after the chicken.

Boil the tagliatelle while the chicken is cooking, it will take about the same length of time to cook both as long as the chicken strips aren't too big!

Drain the tagliatelle in a colander but keep a couple of tablespoons of the water (put the colander over the sink to tip the pasta in then put it over the pot you boiled the pasta in to collect the liquid).

Add a jar of pesto to the chicken and bacon (green or red pesto, both equally good) and add the couple of tablespoons of saved liquid to the pesto jar. Put the lid back on, give it a quick shake to get the residue out of the bottle (make sure your hold lid firmly) and tip into the pan. Bring the heat up and stir it all up so it all blends together then tip in the pasta. Serve on warm plates.

Alternatively, you can put the pasta on the plates and the chicken mix on top - it's a bit easier to control the proportion of pasta:meat that way.

It's very adaptable as you can add other things at the frying stage if you are so inclined - sliced onion, mushroom, garlic, very finely sliced celery etc etc

sausage, mash and beans! awesome dinner.

or my personal favourite...cheese and baked bean pizza. Which is as it sounds:

1)get a pizza base from tesco or where ever put a tin of beans on it

2)Allow to cook for 15 mins in the oven

3)spread grated cheese over it and put back in the oven for another 5 mins

4)Serve with a bit of fruity sauce on it.

I somewhat foolishly offered to cook for me and the missus tonight.

I can just about cook beans of toast but that's about it. Oh and I can boil an egg.

Any ideas?

Egg on toast then?

Go and buy Jamie Oliver's latest book

Cooking will then become a piece of piss

Or how about home made burgers? Seriously not as shit as it sounds

250g pork mince plus 250g beef mince

fresh flat leaf parsley finely chopped

1 medium onion chopped

3 or 4 cloves of garlic finely chopped

8 cream crackers

1 medium egg

salt & pepper

Get cream crackers and mash them to a pulp inside a freezer bag with a rolling pin

then add meat to a mixing bowl

add the parsley, the garlic, the salt and pepper to taste and mix it all together with you hands

then add the cream crackers and the egg (this is the binding agent) and mix that in too

once fully mixed divide into 4 burger shaped pieces, place inside a freezer bag and leave to cool in the fridge for an hour or so

When ready to cook, cook them in the oven on about 180 degrees for about half an hour, flipping them once

Serve in sesame seed buns, with a slice of cheese on top and a bit of salad on the side

(for the salad but a ready done bag and add some tomatoes (cherry sliced in half) and a red / yellow pepper again slice

Buy some salad dressing (Caesar is good for girls, they like that shit for some reason)

Its a piece of piss, its home made and you can't go wrong. Its also not pretentious and its healthy to a degree too

Inspired by the curry thread and Rob's assertion that "99.9%" of the time he makes his own (curry) sauces, I've come back to this thread to ask how people make a curry sauce from scratch.

Please give me instructions as I've never made my own before. I'd like to be able and the hotter the better. To me it just seems like too much work and requires pre-planning. Something I rarely do as I usually decide an hour beforehand what I want for dinner that day.

Right, go for it. I promise to try out any I find intriguing (and not too labour or time-intensive).

Â