MON: Yes or No?

PauloBarnesi

Do you want MON to stay as our manager?  

356 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want MON to stay as our manager?

• Yes
    • No

Ive gone for NO...ok we have done better than in recent seasons, but MON's inability in the transfer market has cost us european football for next season, there is no way we should have gone a whole season without having at least 2 right backs in the squad, Zat Knight was a god damn awful buy who keeps costing us goals but SHOULD have played yesterday instead of having NRC in defence, why oh why MON didnt go after Defoe I dont know, there can be no arguments here as everyone knew he was a quality goalscorer that we have been lacking for donkeys years, Defoe could have also been the difference in us playing european football but little old Pompey managed to get him there, Salifou is non existant and not good enough, where is Routledge oh and he's not good enough either, Harewood has done ok but see Defoe..I think we need a manager who has some bottle in the transfer and doesnt get average players in to try and move a massive club like Villa forward, back to small clubs like Celtic, Leicester and Wycombe please MON

No for me. Some of us predicted this would happen, not so much the lack of activity in the January window - thats always a difficult time to buy - but last summer, when we had momentum. This summer we will have to contend with competing with teams like Everton and Spurs, and possibly Portsmouth who can offer European football.

The football isn't that great to watch, we constantly leak goals, and he is 50/50 when he does decide to dip into the transfer market.

A few results have masked what is a mediocre season for me, as was last season. Bryan Little, John Gregory, BFR all achieved better than MON.

Ive gone for NO...ok we have done better than in recent seasons, but MON's inability in the transfer market has cost us european football for next season, there is no way we should have gone a whole season without having at least 2 right backs in the squad, Zat Knight was a god damn awful buy who keeps costing us goals but SHOULD have played yesterday instead of having NRC in defence, why oh why MON didnt go after Defoe I dont know, there can be no arguments here as everyone knew he was a quality goalscorer that we have been lacking for donkeys years, Defoe could have also been the difference in us playing european football but little old Pompey managed to get him there, Salifou is non existant and not good enough, where is Routledge oh and he's not good enough either, Harewood has done ok but see Defoe..I think we need a manager who has some bottle in the transfer and doesnt get average players in to try and move a massive club like Villa forward, back to small clubs like Celtic, Leicester and Wycombe please MON

I agree with all your points. I'd still give him another year though before we think of saking him.

I ve made the original question in red ink to clear up confusion. Is it not possible to have a simple poll? Its nothing to do with censorship; its to do with us not having this poll turned into another slagging match. We have plenty of other discussions about the ins and outs of MON’s management and where you vent your frustration and happiness. Thanks

I voted yes. I do however think that there are managers around who will buy a whole lot better than MON has so far. That is the only element of what MON has done so far that I haven't agreed with totally. He is excellent at making a silk purse out of a sows ear though, so what the hell do I know?