Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

12 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Gabby is in no position to comment on the inner workings of the club, especially regarding young players. He knows nothing.

Guessing you're just not a fan of Gabby mate. Lol

As he really hasn't said anything dramatic.

Truth be told, he would have more knowledge/insight on these types of situations, than us on a message board.

Don't think he was pretending to have knowledge on the " inner workings of the club " either to be fair.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Well, he clearly thinks Villa don’t think he’s as good as he is. Pretty simple really. He’s not sat on the bench with us 2-0 up at City thinking “oh I guess I’m not good enough for Villa so I’ll go to Arsenal”, he’s thinking “if clubs like Arsenal want me why am I not getting on the pitch ahead of Marvellous Nakamba?”

We can think he’s wrong, of course, but can’t argue with him backing himself.

I think the answer might be in his representation. He isn't with a well known agent as far as i know.  Cannot find anything on line whereas you can easliy find out who represents Ramsey   Tim and Cam . Is it a family friend? . Is it his father ? 

Now aged 18 you would expect a half decent agent to push him towards a new contract with Villa as he is right at the start of his career, especially seeing how Grealish got an amazing move and how Jacob is on his way towards stardom.. He has probably 15 years left of his career , injuries not withstanding. 

So that only leads me to one conclusion. That his agent has  some kind of verbal agreement in place with someone else at the end of this season. And that is  still risking alot if he gets a serious injury. Something most agents would advise against. They would be confident that they could do an even bigger deal with the Barcas of this world if he kicks on as he potentially could. 

I do not believe that Villa would have low balled an offer to Carney. We seem to pay well for the right talent. And even if that was the case he would see that Jacob is now on 70k a week at the age of 20/21. Kind of a ' back yourself to get better and better Carney and we will reward you. ' 

I think that he is now proving in the U19 Euros that he is a potential ssuperstar. I think that we will put a big contract on the table for him and then very quickly his agent will be flushed out as either a brilliant negotiator or someone who is playing russian roulette with Carneys future and that they never had any intention of signing. 

He seems confident without being arrogant does Carney.  I would not be blaming an 18 year old for having billy big bollox. I think the blame lies squarely on his agents shoulders.

36 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I think the answer might be in his representation. He isn't with a well known agent as far as i know.  Cannot find anything on line whereas you can easliy find out who represents Ramsey   Tim and Cam . Is it a family friend? . Is it his father ? 

Now aged 18 you would expect a half decent agent to push him towards a new contract with Villa as he is right at the start of his career, especially seeing how Grealish got an amazing move and how Jacob is on his way towards stardom.. He has probably 15 years left of his career , injuries not withstanding. 

So that only leads me to one conclusion. That his agent has  some kind of verbal agreement in place with someone else at the end of this season. And that is  still risking alot if he gets a serious injury. Something most agents would advise against. They would be confident that they could do an even bigger deal with the Barcas of this world if he kicks on as he potentially could. 

I do not believe that Villa would have low balled an offer to Carney. We seem to pay well for the right talent. And even if that was the case he would see that Jacob is now on 70k a week at the age of 20/21. Kind of a ' back yourself to get better and better Carney and we will reward you. ' 

I think that he is now proving in the U19 Euros that he is a potential ssuperstar. I think that we will put a big contract on the table for him and then very quickly his agent will be flushed out as either a brilliant negotiator or someone who is playing russian roulette with Carneys future and that they never had any intention of signing. 

He seems confident without being arrogant does Carney.  I would not be blaming an 18 year old for having billy big bollox. I think the blame lies squarely on his agents shoulders.

JJ on 70k a week? Where have you came up with this mad figure?

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

Gabby is in no position to comment on the inner workings of the club, especially regarding young players. He knows nothing.

he literally was a professional footballer. he knows more than you or i. he might not know the inner workings of this particular situation, but he is just citing a comparison with a player whom he did actually play alongside.

28 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Saw something from one of his mates somewhere saying 80k and then there were reports of 70k.  No reason not to believe it is somewhere in that area 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Saw something from one of his mates somewhere saying 80k and then there were reports of 70k.  No reason not to believe it is somewhere in that area 

I don't believe it, but even if it IS true. JJ is a bonafide first team starter, PROVEN Premier League player and now one of our most important players. Carney is still a " prospect " who's greatest accomplishments are currently against Under 19s , I don't see why this is so hard for people to grasp.

It's like comparing Louis Barry's wages to Danny Ings or Ollie Watkins and trying to make a case for why he would have a valid argument.

Apparently he has turned down 3 contract offers so far and wants " everything now " based on a podcast I watchedbyesterday with one of the journos. ( Don't remember if it was Preece or Gregg Evans )

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

14 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

Well, he clearly thinks Villa don’t think he’s as good as he is. Pretty simple really. He’s not sat on the bench with us 2-0 up at City thinking “oh I guess I’m not good enough for Villa so I’ll go to Arsenal”, he’s thinking “if clubs like Arsenal want me why am I not getting on the pitch ahead of Marvellous Nakamba?”

We can think he’s wrong, of course, but can’t argue with him backing himself.

I don't think is a case of backing himself.....thats fine.

Its over rating yourself is the danger, when experienced coaches think differently.

All these other clubs wanting him is a bit of narcissism on his part, to be frank.....How does he know in advance, he could end up in the same situation at another club.

without knowing the real situation, its hard to speculate.

from what I can see the Chukwuemeka's camp has not quite connected with the club like the Ramsey's have......could be wrong though.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Greatest accomplishments against U19s? He's been dominating at U23 level since he was sixteen, he's the standout in our academy, something which at the moment is a most laudable triumph of great difficulty, he's looked more than fine at first team level in the Premier League as a seventeen and eighteen year old, he's the standout performer pretty much every time he plays for England, and just because it's England U19s or whatever that doesn't take away from the achievement, he's standing out amongst some of the best youth players in the country.

He's not just some highly rated academy player that you get at least one of every season or two, there are many of those, some make it some don't, Chukwuemeka is on a whole different level, closest comparison in terms of how much he stands out at academy level is Grealish, it's highly probable that he will go on to be a very good player at the top level.

People say he's not good enough to get in the top teams sides, that's probably true at present, at least not on a regular basis, but can guarantee that all the top teams would more than gladly take him as someone that will be a top player in a couple of seasons time.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Tro do you know who his agent is? Just done a google and nothing comes up. 

No.....I am not ITK on anything these days.....from my days of being close, with one of the players, I can tell you now, its best when you know nothing.....its spoils the spectatorship, to be ITK.

I just follow my nose or logic....fwiw

I don't like agents anyway, but thats a players thing and I accept its a neccesity for them.

Edited by TRO
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, duke313 said:

It’s not that mad, I wouldn’t be surprised if he was on north of 50k per week tbf he was our 3rd highest scorer.

42 minutes ago, useless said:

Greatest accomplishments against U19s? He's been dominating at U23 level since he was sixteen, he's the standout in our academy, something which at the moment is a most laudable triumph of great difficulty, he's looked more than fine at first team level in the Premier League as a seventeen and eighteen year old, he's the standout performer pretty much every time he plays for England, and just because it's England U19s or whatever that doesn't take away from the achievement, he's standing out amongst some of the best youth players in the country.

He's not just some highly rated academy player that you get at least one of every season or two, there are many of those, some make it some don't, Chukwuemeka is on a whole different level, closest comparison in terms of how much he stands out at academy level is Grealish, it's highly probable that he will go on to be a very good player at the top level.

People say he's not good enough to get in the top teams sides, that's probably true at present, at least not on a regular basis, but can guarantee that all the top teams would more than gladly take him as someone that will be a top player in a couple of seasons time.

but thats our stance too.

What exactly has our club done wrong?

If you are saying he is on par with Bellingham, I would say you have misjudged the situation....is he better than Shaw, Little, Gray, Deehan, Barry at a similar age....I'm not sure he is at all.

Foden is another example of huge skill set at 18.

He is a really good young player granted.....but IMO he should be concentrating on learning his trade with Aston Villa......at the same age, thats what all those players above was doing......they wasn't seeking pastures new, despite the outside interest.

He seems to me, that he likes the noise, the attention, the interest.......bit too early imo, to be getting wrapped up in all that.

If, its about money.....any donnut could see the path JG has taken and how its worked out for him, just fine in terms of spondoolies.....I think CC is playing Russian Roulette with his career and if he is going to be the player his camp say he is......he has no worries getting in to the first team at Aston Villa, lets be honest, finishing 14th isn't exactly the challenge of breaking in to a top 6 side.

I think he has the world at his feet at Aston Villa and if he leaves, I think it will be a mistake, for him.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, TRO said:

but thats our stance too.

What exactly has our club done wrong?

If you are saying he is on par with Bellingham, I would say you have misjudged the situation....is he better than Shaw, Little, Gray, Deehan, Barry at a similar age....I'm not sure he is at all.

Foden is another example of huge skill set at 18.

He is a really good young player granted.....but IMO he should be concentrating on learning his trade with Aston Villa......at the same age, thats what all those players above was doing......they wasn't seeking pastures new, despite the outside interest.

He seems to me, that he likes the noise, the attention, the interest.......bit too early for me, to be getting wrapped up in that.

If, its about money.....any donut could see the path JG has taken and how its worked out for him, just fine in terms of spondoolies.....I think CC is playing Russian Roulette with his career and if he is going to be the player his camp say he is......he has no worries getting in to the first team at Aston Villa, lets be honest, finishing 14th isn't exactly the challenge of breaking in to a top 6 side.

I think he has the world at his feet at Aston Villa and if he leaves, I think it will be a mistake.

Think it's a case that he's probably been told how good he is by everyone at the club and all his hangers on which undoubtedly he will already have, friends, relatives, family friends, agents knocking at his door etc, and he probably believes the hype. Even Purslow said Carney is the best youngster in the country so if that's gone to his head no wonder he is maybe expected more, whether that's financial or playing time. 

On paper it's hard to see how there are many better options than staying at Villa, a known quantity for him who are committed to developing him, have one of the best youth set ups around and have proven with Ramsey that youngsters can make their way into the first team. If he's thinking about moving abroad then that's an interesting one for him as the likes of Bellingham and Sancho and the lad at Bayern who now plays for Germany have proven there is a pathway there instead. 

I think the club should have sorted this out one way or another ages ago, they should have said if you aren't committing to us, we aren't committing to you and send him back to the U18's until either he renews, or his contract expires or we got a big offer from somewhere else. I don't think he's done enough on the pitch to warrant starting more games and he's played a lot of minutes for someone just turned 18.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, david-avfc said:

Think it's a case that he's probably been told how good he is by everyone at the club and all his hangers on which undoubtedly he will already have, friends, relatives, family friends, agents knocking at his door etc, and he probably believes the hype. Even Purslow said Carney is the best youngster in the country so if that's gone to his head no wonder he is maybe expected more, whether that's financial or playing time. 

On paper it's hard to see how there are many better options than staying at Villa, a known quantity for him who are committed to developing him, have one of the best youth set ups around and have proven with Ramsey that youngsters can make their way into the first team. If he's thinking about moving abroad then that's an interesting one for him as the likes of Bellingham and Sancho and the lad at Bayern who now plays for Germany have proven there is a pathway there instead. 

I think the club should have sorted this out one way or another ages ago, they should have said if you aren't committing to us, we aren't committing to you and send him back to the U18's until either he renews, or his contract expires or we got a big offer from somewhere else. I don't think he's done enough on the pitch to warrant starting more games and he's played a lot of minutes for someone just turned 18.

I think we have to be careful of not appearing spiteful, and jeopardising our negotiations with any future starlets....what goes around comes around......There is no benefit to us, being arsey.

There are so many pointers as you explain, why any kid would want to come to us, to develop their career......Probably the best time we have had for attracting young talent...........its a really strange one to me.

It can't be particularly warm spirited in his age group having all the other prodigy's signed up, and him not doing so.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Judging by his performances when given the chance in the first team, I doubt if he will have anything to gain by moving to another club.

They will see exactly the same thing, that at this stage in his career he just does not warrant lots of playing time in the first team.

He is not just miraculously going to become a first team quality player overnight.

• Like 2

Â