• Ass kisser
    • An iron man :D
    • Loyal to my company
    • Workoholic
    • Greedy for money
    • Clever, money is always needed
    • Totally out of friends
    • Bragging about it here

Normally I work 3:24 pm to 00:00 everyday, monday to friday. Not good for your social life, but the money is good and I don't have that good social life anyway. ;)

Anyway, this week my shift should only have worked mon-wed so this would be my last day in a short and joyable week at work. But now I am the one I am, so I've so far worked mon 3:24 pm- 6:30 am, tue 3:24 pm- 6:30 am and am going to work 3:24 pm- 00:00 tonight and then go up and work from 6:30 am- 3:18 pm tomorrow. This means about 44 hours of work in 4 days and very little time to sleep. And I can tell you, I look like hell atm. :?

So, what do you think I am, which also means, what do you think of your workmates that work like this and would you do it yourself?

well, it kind of depends....

If you need the money, then it is commendable that you are putting the hours in.

If you don't need the money, then i think you work too hard, and need to find a better work-life balance.

Maybe if you did less hours, then you would have more free time to have a better social life (again, assuming money isn't an issue).

motto - Work to live, don't live to work.

also, i wouldn't do it myself. i work 37.5 hours a week, and the maximum i will work is 40 hours a week.

Once you are earning enough to be able to be comfortable, then quality of life becomes more important that money, and so a job that fits in with your life is quite important, rather than your life having to fit around the job.

^^^

:lol: No, I'm afraid it isn't. Heavy industry.

Just realised that I had to vote myself to see the result. And forgot to tell my reason too. I think I need the money. I'm not sure yet. Well, I do need them, but I don't know if I have to work this much to get them.

And who voted for asskisser? That was an option not meant to be voted for. :evil: ;)

I think I need the money. I'm not sure yet. Well, I do need them, but I don't know if I have to work this much to get them.

If you NEED the money, rather than just WANT the money, then i want to change my vote from Greedy to Clever.

but in what sense are you not sure whether you need the money or not?

(ps - you can see the results without voting - just press view results)

There could have been an 'all of the above' option but I'm afraid on a 3 day week the only option was 'just plain stupid'. Not in a nasty way, just ... you gotta take these weeks when they come around. Especially considering by your own admission you look like hell so I assume you could do with recharging the batteries.

I think I need the money. I'm not sure yet. Well, I do need them, but I don't know if I have to work this much to get them.

If you NEED the money, rather than just WANT the money, then i want to change my vote from Greedy to Clever.

but in what sense are you not sure whether you need the money or not?

(ps - you can see the results without voting - just press view results)

Forgot that. Guess the little sleep have stopped my brain from working. :?

Well, I bought myself a new car a month ago and I don't know yet how much I have to work to afford it. If I even have to work extra to afford it. So this kind of an experiment.

And I see that I'm the only one who have put in a positive vote so far, so I guess I have to re-think to do this again if I'm asked too again. :? I can tell you, this is a one-off.

There could have been an 'all of the above' option but I'm afraid on a 3 day week the only option was 'just plain stupid'. Not in a nasty way, just ... you gotta take these weeks when they come around. Especially considering by your own admission you look like hell so I assume you could do with recharging the batteries.

Yeah, I do. And that's a point that I missed to tell. After this I'll be free for 4 days, starting on tuesday afternoon again. Easter and all that. :)

3.24? Three-twenty-FOUR? Not 3.25, or 3.30? How anally-retentive is THAT?

I was going to say the same thing, what an utterly bizzare time to start work!

is there a method behind this madness?

Â