Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

1 hour ago, sne said:

:ph34r:

One of the least likable players around, can't stand the guy. Still has an eye for goal thou.

Bet Leeds are interested.

Himself and Cavani should head back to Uruguay, play for Penarol or someone like that and lead them to a Copa America. Oh, the scenes.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, rayk said:

Steer over Nyland?

But yeah, the signals are there that we’ll be going for a new no 1. I wasn’t too impressed by the Heaton signing last year, especially for £8m.....but I just hope getting a new no1 keeper doesn’t impact on our ability to get the other players we need in.....or should I say the right quality of player.

Given the lack of a number 2 keeper imo a new keeper is right behind a new striker in order of priority.

Personally I would have tried to keep Reinna - after a ropey start he looked ok.

29 minutes ago, rayk said:

I have a question for everyone...how many people want a two wingers in so that Jack can more to his preferred position of AM vs getting only one winger in, keeping Jack at LW but being able to upgrade both FB positions?

Keep Jack out wide for me. That's where he gets his goals - and can be more direct. imo he gets bogged down too often when playing in the middle.

• Like 2

Seen this link to Omar Colley.

I have grave doubts when any rumour says we’ve ‘joined the race’ for a player. I don’t think we’re that unprepared we think ‘Hey, Southampton have bid for this player.....he must be good so let’s join the race’.

Besides, given Bournemouth have supposedly stated that they won’t stand in the way of players.....assuming he’s fit how about a bid for Chris Mepham? Right age and all the right attributes for a CB.....and obviously DS knows him from Brentford.

Given he’s had a few injuries I’m wondering whether we can get him for £12m (which is what Bournemouth paid for him)?

6 minutes ago, hippo said:

Given the lack of a number 2 keeper imo a new keeper is right behind a new striker in order of priority.

Personally I would have tried to keep Reinna - after a ropey start he looked ok.

Steer is being overlooked? Without him, we’d probably still be in The Championship

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, hippo said:

Me too with Reina but he’s gone now by all accounts.

Question is how much do we need to spend on getting a new GK in?

Aston Villa are interested in signing central defender Omar Colley from Sampdoria, according to Il Secolo XIX.

Colley, meanwhile, who has 12 caps for The Gambia, is well-known to Villa striker Mbwana Ally Samatta with the pair travelling to Mecca together two years ago for an Islamic pilgirimage.

The Sampdoria man was a mainstay last season with the Italian club finishing seven points above the relegation places. Colley is a left-footed centre-back and, in that sense, is very similar to both Tyrone Mings and Kortney Hause. Villa, meanwhile, have Ezri Konsa and Bjorn Engels as right-footed centre-half options, too.

Over the weekend another Italian media outlet, Tutto Mercato, suggested Southampton had bid up to £16 million for Colley while, in other reports, Burnley and Newcastle United were also citing their interest in the defender.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Steer is being overlooked? Without him, we’d probably still be in The Championship

True.....but he must be the unluckiest keeper though to have Heaton, Nyland, Kalinic and Reina brought in over him.

I like him from when he signed but too many people seem to think he’s not a no.1?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gompedyret said:

The Sampdoria man was a mainstay last season with the Italian club finishing seven points above the relegation places. Colley is a left-footed centre-back and, in that sense, is very similar to both Tyrone Mings and Kortney Hause. Villa, meanwhile, have Ezri Konsa and Bjorn Engels as right-footed centre-half options, too.

Exactly, we don’t need cover for Mings given we have Hause. And we only need a new right footed CB if Engels goes (and I really hope he doesn’t).

5 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Steer is unproven and also very injury prone. Agree he looked good in the championship run in - but still think it's a risk to start with him.

42 minutes ago, rayk said:

I have a question for everyone...how many people want a two wingers in so that Jack can more to his preferred position of AM vs getting only one winger in, keeping Jack at LW but being able to upgrade both FB positions?

I definitely want him in the middle with 2 new wingers.

also we don’t know what the budget is

3 minutes ago, hippo said:

Steer is unproven and also very injury prone. Agree he looked good in the championship run in - but still think it's a risk to start with him.

No much of a risk when you have four keepers And he isn’t out for long 

If fit, Steer over Nyland EVERY SINGLE TIME.
Orjan OUT.

Was Jed still injured/unfit after lockdown? Has he recovered now? Wondered why he didn’t get a look in.

GK is a really awkward one for us, Heaton is a great first choice... it’s just his injury record & proneness that is a worry (also applies to Steer) and if we bring in a new no. 1 then I’m fairly sure he’d be displeased and maybe think of moving on... 

Maybe either an older/experienced keeper to compete & rotate or a loan are our best options for now...

Having Heaton back ASAP will be a great relief & help.

• Like 2