Tennis: General Chat

snowychap

andy murray the brit

happy_zpstxdhikko.jpg

Andy Murry the scot

scot_zpsrp764jxg.jpg

I quite like Murray though, i like that he don`t give up on points.

Can`t stand djokovic, simply because he has to use spoiler tactics when he is struggling,Allso a fully fit Nadal is the best player on tour... IMO

Bah double post ......:(

Edited by walesavfc

he's completely collapsed now, awful shit from murray this set. handing it to novak on a plate.

yeah looks all over now, shame first 2 sets was real high quality tennis

Murray looks to be treading water now, can`t seem to get his legs moving

Edited by walesavfc

His attitude is pathetic. The moment things become difficult or things turn against him he gets entirely overcome by frustration and falls apart.

That's why he will never quite stand as equal with Djokovic or Nadal or Federer.

You can see him giving up as we speak.

• Like 3

His attitude is pathetic. The moment things become difficult or things turn against him he gets entirely overcome by frustration and falls apart.

That's why he will never quite stand as equal with Djokovic or Nadal or Federer.

You can see him giving up as we speak.

I agree with that. That whats seperates a winner from the rest. Djokovic muct have a great chance of winning the French and competing the career slam. 

Was travelling down to watch our game so was looking forward to watching the end of a classic....got in the pub at 3-3 in the 3rd set. Murray barely won a point after that so blame me!

I actually think he's played very well in this tournament, his wins oveer Dimitrov and Berdych his overall game was very impressive imo but came up short today and no idea what happened to make him collapse so badly.

Think he can win Wimbledon this season again, Djokovic isn't quite as invincible on grass and there's not too many other genuine contenders on that surface nowadays with Nadal a spent force and Fed in his mid 30s so think that's Murray's most realistic chance of another slam.

Murray said afterwards that Djokovic rarely missed a shot in the 4th set so he didn't think he collapsed as much as his opponent played great tennis. His one regret was letting Djokovic's injury concerns when he was ahead in the 3rd set, effect him. Yes he had a great tournament and can win Wimbledon. Federers last chance of a slam in my opinion. 

Always brings about the question what would Murray have done had he been about in Tim Henman's era?   Sampras and Agassi would have been fierce competition but I don't think they hang with the trio of Federer, Nadal and Djok which Murray has had to compete with. 

Interesting thought but I think Fed, Nadal and Djok's combined brilliance has made Murray better and upped his game. 

The standard of men's tennis nowadays is brilliant 

There's always great players in any era....people always used to say Henman was unlucky to be born in the same era as Sampras etc although these guys are on a different level.

Amazing how Tennis has changed...I was watching some highlights of the famous Goran Henman 2001 Wimbledon semi the other day and I think the longest rally was about 7 shots. It was all serve and volley in those days.

I find it funny that poeople call him a pussy for collapsing under huge pressure like that, firstly, the people saying that would do no better under those conditions.

Secondly, he is human so he is allowed to fail yes? All that he can do is figure out why it happened and try and avoid it in the next final.

Do we know it was a trick though! . Djokovic said the first two sets, which took two hours and 32 minutes to complete, had made him weak. 

He play acted weak between points but didn't miss a beat during them.

It was pretty clearly in my eyes a tactic to get Murray frustrated that he couldn't take advantage of an injured opponent and to destroy himself mentally.

Djokovic isn't going to come out now and say "oh yeah I was totally faking it".

Â