Relegation thread

Knutserov13

Haven't seen Foster's interview but I'd be wary of him playing down their chances or anything like that, could just be trying to be playing mind games to give other teams a false sense of security. We just have to take care of our own business, should be treating the West Ham game like it's a play-off final, win that then unless Watford somehow thrash Arsenal we will stay up.

20 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Any team worth their salt would want to avoid finishing the season by losing to two bottom three teams in a row.

I also think currently Watford look a lot worse than us.

I'm more worried about us losing and Bournemouth beating Everton, than Watford to be honest.

Yep. Bournemouth are the threat. I worry about them, watford are done.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I reckon if we’d beaten Everton, then we’d have thought that half the job was done and we’d have lost against Arsenal... putting Arsenal into complacency mode against Watford, setting us up to go down on the final day.

Instead, we’ve got a great chance to stay up, with Arsenal likely wanting to beat Watford for their pride.

Yeah I agree.

It's funny how things can work out sometimes.

I always think back to that Playoff Final we lost and how gutted we were. But in reality we'd have probably been worse off to get promoted with that manager and owner

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Yep. Bournemouth are the threat. I worry about them, watford are done.

I think Watford will put up a fight, but I don't think it'll be enough to beat Arsenal.

Bournemouth beating Everton by a goal is very feasible though, and worries me far more

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I think Watford will put up a fight, but I don't think it'll be enough to beat Arsenal.

Bournemouth beating Everton by a goal is very feasible though, and worries me far more

That miss from Davis or el ghazi could still be the difference. 

I'd be so more confident if Bournemouth had to score 3 and win. 

• Like 2

We've missed plenty of chances all season and let in silly goals, if we go down on goal difference by one goal it won't be Davis' fault, he only came into the side after lockdown, if he'd have been fit all season we might even be safe alread.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I reckon if we’d beaten Everton, then we’d have thought that half the job was done and we’d have lost against Arsenal... putting Arsenal into complacency mode against Watford, setting us up to go down on the final day.

Instead, we’ve got a great chance to stay up, with Arsenal likely wanting to beat Watford for their pride.

I think this actually a very good point. I think we would not have performed like we did had we beaten Everton. 

It probably worked out better as arsenal could have tonked us if we didnt perform.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

That miss from Davis or el ghazi could still be the difference. 

I'd be so more confident if Bournemouth had to score 3 and win. 

Even if we scored one of those, Bournemouth would only have to win by 2 I think?

Currently if we lose by 1 and bournemouth win by 1 we're down.

Basically we need a result :D 

• Like 1

No guarantee that Bournemouth are going to beat Everton, Everton are a decent side and will want to finish the season with a win. It doesn't guarantee that we will survive but I'd rather be playing West Ham with nothing to play for rather than Everton or Arsenal with nothing to play.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

We literally only have to draw and Bournemouth can't catch us.

yeah but, despite our recent couple of games, we are still quite a shit football team.

"just" drawing with West Ham, who have recently beaten Chelsea and aren't in a bad run of form themselves, isn't easy.

I think it's far more likely Bournemouth will win than Watford, making them the bigger threat

1 hour ago, cb_82 said:

I think Watford might be gone, its Bournemouth that are the bigger threat in my opinion

agree. i really feel bournemouth will beat everton. just have that feeling. no pressure, 90 minutes of prem football left, go for it

Just had a look on an Everton forum and they don't seem to like Bournemouth or Eddie Howe very much at all, equating them with tories and Liverpool football club, not sure what the connection is ther,e but seem desperate to send them down. Might have made a difference if those fans were in the stadium, hopefully their players are equally up for it as well

• Haha 2