Relegation thread

Knutserov13

12 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Is it not possible that Watford and Bournemouth lose their remaining games and we beat West Ham and draw with arsenal? Clinging on to hope 

It’s possible but highly unlikely. Only have ourselves to blame for having to rely on other teams. 

7 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

We just need them to lose 1. If we win 1 that should hopefully overturn the GD. We also have to get 4 points somehow. We need West Ham to be safe on the last day.

So many permutations, so many teams would give you a headache. At least there's an outside chance. Have no idea what result we want tomorrow though. 

23 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

What really pisses me off is that engles mistake vs spurs. That one **** point could have been massive for us now 

Smith's fault for that Engels basic error I suppose.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, pintpotvilla said:

A draw in the Wham v Watford game is now the worst result for us A win either way is best

Yeah I'd be thinking man u would beat West ham so in theory at least finishing above West ham is in our hands if they lose tomorrow. But obviously could still go down with West ham in that scenario. 

• Like 1

There is a decent chance Man U will beat West Ham and City and Arsenal will beat Watford and depending on Bournemouth not winning

if we beat Arsenal a point at the Hammers would be enough. Lots of ifs though

• Like 1

There is a decent chance Man U will beat West Ham and City and Arsenal will beat Watford and depending on Bournemouth not winning

2 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

Or get a point against Arsenal and beat West Ham. In that scenario we would probably want them to be safe and I guess a win tomorrow is the only way to guarantee that.

If Watford were to lose 2-1 tomorrow then get beat 4-1 by Man City in their next game, and then lose 3-1 to Arsenal on the final day, then a 2-1 defeat to Arsenal and then a 2-1 win against West Ham would see us finish above them with just three more points. We'd also need Bournouth to lose one of their last two games.

Just now, Demitri_C said:

But conceding more than 15 goals in the last 15 minutes isnt smiths fault either i suppose?

I haven't said that at all. Find me a post where I've said that. 😜😜

Just Smith gets the blame for everything. That's quite clear across this forum. 

2 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

I haven't said that at all. Find me a post where I've said that. 😜😜

Just Smith gets the blame for everything. That's quite clear across this forum. 

but he has to take a lot of responsibility for the woeful stats.

I mean look at the set pieces? Barring the goal out set plag was atricious today.  Thats the coaching 

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Here you go. You was saying?

Screenshot_20200716-212313_Chrome.jpg

Gabby, as much as some would hate it, our record all time premier league goalscorer.

Maupay, with 10 goals this season. Wesley had half that in less than half of the playing time. He's shit, remember.

I don't think @Zatman has called maupay shit, just compared him to our record premier league goalscorer and said he's not that level. I don't see anything to disagree with?

• Like 2

Just now, Demitri_C said:

but he has to take a lot of responsibility for the woeful stats.

I mean look at the set pieces? Barring the goal out set plag was atricious today.  Thats the coaching 

You think Grealish and hourihane hitting the first man nearly all the time is coaching?

We scored from a set piece, is that the coaching? Or did one of those players just finally get their delivery right?