Generic Virus Thread

villakram

1 hour ago, El Zen said:

I’ve been having a slight cough and a runny nose all week. Did a lat flow test monday night, which was negative, but stayed home from work anyway, to be sure. Did another lat flow today, which came up positive. Feeling just fine, but am fearing that xmas is buggered for me and the family. 

Hope you have a speedy recovery 🙏 but a very big well done for being cautious in the first place 🏅 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I'm sorry to hear that boss. I find out tonight if I can fly to Canada on Sunday, I know that feeling of doom myself.

Best of luck, buddy!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, El Zen said:

I’ve been having a slight cough and a runny nose all week. Did a lat flow test monday night, which was negative, but stayed home from work anyway, to be sure. Did another lat flow today, which came up positive. Feeling just fine, but am fearing that xmas is buggered for me and the family. 

My wife became ill on the Sunday. Me Tuesday. She did a test on the Wednesday and positive. I was fine by Friday and she tested negative by the following Monday even still not feeling great  

you could easily still be fine for Christmas. 

Edited by StefanAVFC

19 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

My wife became ill on the Sunday. Me Tuesday. She did a test on the Wednesday and positive. I was fine by Friday and she tested negative by the following Monday even still not feeling great  

you could easily still be fine for Christmas. 

Thanks. But quarantine rules for family members probably means the wife and Zen jr. are stuck, even if I’m in the clear by xmas. 

17 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Isolate in the loft like all the, er, cool people do.

Wish I could! Too late, probably, and the wife made it very clear she’d rather we all get it than her be a single mom for a week. And we don’t have a loft 😔

Joking aside, according to Norwegian rules, they still have a mandatory quarantine period of one week minimum, even if they are symptom free and test negative. 

4 hours ago, Genie said:

My wife’s friend just popped by to drop something off, she said her niece (20) won’t have the vaccine or even do a lateral flow test because “you don’t know what’s in it”. 
She had her lip fillers done this morning. She also doesn’t know how to the tell the time on a 24 hour clock.

Pics or GTFO

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

That's EXACTLY what a dickhead would say! 

GET HIM BOYS!

I did wonder what muppet would reply first ;) I had you near the top of the list. 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Social media. 

It's given a voice to the stupid people who were always ignored, whereas now they have a method to seem important and other stupid people want to be part of it. 

'Stupid people think it's cool, smart people think it's a joke; also cool.'

Jonatton Yeah?

31 minutes ago, Xela said:

Just reading through the last couple of days on this thread is interesting. Covid, like other certain subjects on VT, like religion and politics, falls into the same trap that, if you don't subscribe to the accepted VT view, you will get flamed, belittled and marginalised. Sad to see on here. Some posters I respect getting very angry at people having conflicting opinions to theirs. 

People have different views on things and i'd wager everyone has been suffering with their mental health over the last 20 months to varying degrees so i'm not sure the best way to discuss topics so emotive like this is to be so inflammatory. Reasoned discussion is the best way forward. 

Ha Gay GIFs | Tenor

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I get the theory Blandy, I really do.

I appreciate what you’ve tried to do but I’m not so poor that I need it dumbing down to a level I can comprehend.

I think both sides have gone a bit too far on here.  I find the best way to look at things is actually as a graph, like here 

spacer.png

_122269104_uk_daily_deaths_with_ra_17dec

Progressively as more people have got the vaccine, as well as the summer months, cases of illness fell dramatically but crucially death rates have been minimal.  As cases have risen in the autumn months, the death rate has been stable still.  I find it's this kind of evidence that makes the best case for taking the vaccine and I hope you do choose to take one as it's still not too late to do so.  A winter spike was expected but made worse by the new variant, which was always a possibility they spoke about.  Hopefully it does turn out to be a more mild version but it can still cause hospitalisations as it's a respiratory illness and something not to be taken lightly, even if you're young and healthy.

• Like 1

And I've seen a lot of mention on here of "accepted VT view" 

VT doesn't have a view.  What you ACTUALLY mean is the accepted view of the majority of the posters on here.  Well tough shit.  What a thing to moan about "most people disagree with me" 

Rather than trying to project it as some sort of sinister force, try asking yourself why most of the people are disagreeing with you. 

• Like 4

Â