Generic Virus Thread

villakram

On the NHS website theme, I tried to book my booster earlier on (before the Boris statement).  I waited patiently whilst my place in the queue went down from ~2500 for me to finally have a look.  Bingo! (I thought), there was actually the place available where I got both of my previous 2 jabs.  I clicked to confirm but the bugger went back to the beginning.  Off I went again to try to book a slot and the same thing happened.  I might try my luck at 0700 tomorrow to see if there is anything available this side of Christmas (assuming the website is working properly).  

2 minutes ago, richp999 said:

Not sure why people might choose not to have it - but its their choice to make , not anyone else's.

If you choose to have a vaccination, its to protect you , not anyone else.  For me, I've had 2 jabs, wont be having anymore. They are simply not needed.  Maybe in a year or two when my immunity wanes perhaps.

As for mandatory vaccines, I would be vehemently against - have you read the Nuremburg code ?  

People not bothered about vaccine passports ? are you crazy - forced to show your papers to use any facilities in society - ever heard that before ?

Vaccine passports are a nonsense and are proved not to work - look at rates in wales/scotland/germany/ everywhere else requiring them, they are all up.

And the comments about not mixing with unvaccinated people ? you've fallen hook line and sinker for the divide and conquer approach, haven't you ?

The vaccine doesn't stop you catching it, doesn't stop you spreading it. Remind me how that passport will work for you then?

If you want to take the vaccine it most probably will help stop you being seriously ill, so its probably a good idea, but its up to you.  It won't stop you catching it - my wife is also fully vaxxed and caught it from school (teacher)... Passed it on to both kids, I escaped. Noone had more than a cold and all fine.

Remember - as yet there are ZERO people in hospital with omicron, and it has so far killed ZERO people.

Read between the lines - last week pfizer & astrazeneca shareholders value up around 9.8 billion pounds.

Thanks. This is very considered post, as such I’m not going to reply tonight because I’ve had a few drinks, but I promise I’ll reply to this in the morning 

14 minutes ago, av1 said:

I stand corrected. I just assumed that as it’s digital it automatically updated? 

Oh it will update automatically but it just doesn't last forever. I was just checking mine to see if my booster had been added yet. It hadn't but its only been two days

11 minutes ago, richp999 said:

For me, I've had 2 jabs, wont be having anymore. They are simply not needed.  Maybe in a year or two when my immunity wanes perhaps.

Wow, thanks for that. Which medical school did you attend out of interest? 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, richp999 said:

Not sure why people might choose not to have it - but its their choice to make , not anyone else's.

If you choose to have a vaccination, its to protect you , not anyone else.  For me, I've had 2 jabs, wont be having anymore. They are simply not needed.  Maybe in a year or two when my immunity wanes perhaps.

As for mandatory vaccines, I would be vehemently against - have you read the Nuremburg code ?  

People not bothered about vaccine passports ? are you crazy - forced to show your papers to use any facilities in society - ever heard that before ?

Vaccine passports are a nonsense and are proved not to work - look at rates in wales/scotland/germany/ everywhere else requiring them, they are all up.

And the comments about not mixing with unvaccinated people ? you've fallen hook line and sinker for the divide and conquer approach, haven't you ?

The vaccine doesn't stop you catching it, doesn't stop you spreading it. Remind me how that passport will work for you then?

If you want to take the vaccine it most probably will help stop you being seriously ill, so its probably a good idea, but its up to you.  It won't stop you catching it - my wife is also fully vaxxed and caught it from school (teacher)... Passed it on to both kids, I escaped. Noone had more than a cold and all fine.

Remember - as yet there are ZERO people in hospital with omicron, and it has so far killed ZERO people.

Read between the lines - last week pfizer & astrazeneca shareholders value up around 9.8 billion pounds.

I should also add I know one work colleague who died from a stroke 2 days after having a vaccine, and another friend who had a heart attack after the first dose (didn't die in the end)... Its not without it's risks...

You don’t run a funeral service Twitter account do you? **** me what a load of drivel.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Ingram85 said:

You don’t run a funeral service Twitter account do you? **** me what a load of drivel.

Really, point me to the part that isn't true.

Edited by richp999

15 minutes ago, richp999 said:

have you read the Nuremburg code ?  

Oh gawd, here we go...

The title of the section of the Nuremberg Code that you are referring to is titled Permissible Human Experiments. There's a huge clue in that title as to what it refers to and it isn't relevant in the slightest. We aren't being experimented on

49 minutes ago, Genie said:

because you want some severe symptoms? 

I want a choice , we live in democratic society. that's more important to me. 

I don't want governments dictating medical procedures on anyone , especially this government.

• Like 1

Just now, Jareth said:

Point to the part which isn't blind and overly self assured. 

Ok so you agree it's all true, just doesn't match your point of view right ?

It you want to follow all the rules, do what you're told, whilst they laugh at you , then fine. I'm not telling anyone to do anything.  It's the other way around, isn't it ?

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Oh gawd, here we go...

The title of the section of the Nuremberg Code that you are referring to is titled Permissible Human Experiments. There's a huge clue in that title as to what it refers to and it isn't relevant in the slightest. We aren't being experimented on

Depends on your point of view, but i'[d  agree with you.  It's more an extreme to make a point - are *you* happy to have forced mandatory medical procedures ? are you ? Happy if they inject your kids without your consent ?

If you are, fine , its up to you.

2 minutes ago, richp999 said:

Depends on your point of view, but i'[d  agree with you.  It's more an extreme to make a point - are *you* happy to have forced mandatory medical procedures ? are you ? Happy if they inject your kids without your consent ?

If you are, fine , its up to you.

So, lets be clear, you've used something as evidence of something but admitted it isn't eveidence of it. Riiiiiggght!

Its not an extreme. We are not being experimented on, it isn't relevant.

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Well I like your explanation about vaccine efficacy a lot better than the official line. 

Problem is there are all these highly qualified experts who have dedicated their lives to studying disease and vaccines are telling me that the single most important thing I can do is get a booster jab. 

I just wanted to be absolutely sure before I ignored them and followed your thought process that you were equally well qualified and not some random on the Internet spouting absolute bollocks. 

'some random on the Internet spouting absolute bollocks.'

Just the sort of response i'd expect. If you can't handle other points of view, probably best not to engage on public message boards.

I'm not asking or telling you to even read my though process, let alone follow it. I've seen your posts on here for years, and thought you had your own mind and were capable of independent thinking, but then i am spouting absolute bollocks I suppose.

24 minutes ago, richp999 said:

I’m not interested in arguing any of the rest of the post but this particular but gave me a giggle - that’s exactly what the booster jabs are for, when your immunity wanes 😂 So you definitely won’t be having any of those useless boosters unless of course you might need a booster

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

So, lets be clear, you've used something as evidence of something but admitted it isn't eveidence of it. Riiiiiggght!

Its not an extreme. We are not being experimented on, it isn't relevant.

Think you've got the wrong end of the stick there.  And you forgot to answer the question ? 

9 minutes ago, richp999 said:

Ok so you agree it's all true, just doesn't match your point of view right ?

It you want to follow all the rules, do what you're told, whilst they laugh at you , then fine. I'm not telling anyone to do anything.  It's the other way around, isn't it ?

I think in the morning you might come to regret downing the entire bottle of Baileys 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Â