New Music 2020

sne

1 minute ago, Seat68 said:

Its definitely not the worst thing I have heard. So many cross genre influences there. 

Its one of his things he does. Originally it was meant to be a mix between black metal and African-American spirituals/gospel following a racist recommendation on 4chan and it kind of grew from there. He describes the band as the answer to the question "what if American slaves had embraced Satan instead of Jesus?" which I think fits pretty well. With that in mind a heavily influenced BLM EP is completely unsurprising. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

Its one of his things he does. Originally it was meant to be a mix between black metal and African-American spirituals/gospel following a racist recommendation on 4chan and it kind of grew from there. He describes the band as the answer to the question "what if American slaves had embraced Satan instead of Jesus?" which I think fits pretty well. With that in mind a heavily influenced BLM EP is completely unsurprising. 

I listened to the whole thing so thats a reflection. Thoroughly enjoyable.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

a3550903623_10.jpg

This has just landed on my doorstep ahead of its formal release on Friday. With songs such as "Vigil", "I Can't Breathe" and "Wake of a Nation"; it is unsurprisingly heavily influenced by the BLM movement. 

Link to released tracks so far:

https://zealandardor.bandcamp.com/album/wake-of-a-nation-ep

YOU LUCKY SUNUVA***** :rant:

How is it?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

a3550903623_10.jpg

This has just landed on my doorstep ahead of its formal release on Friday. With songs such as "Vigil", "I Can't Breathe" and "Wake of a Nation"; it is unsurprisingly heavily influenced by the BLM movement. 

Link to released tracks so far:

https://zealandardor.bandcamp.com/album/wake-of-a-nation-ep

Had this on earlier.

First impressions are it's a belter.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cyrusr said:

Oh and @hogso, have you seen the new Boris/Merzbow collaboration album has been announced and pre-orders up?

I have, the track list is intriguing, a Merzbow collab of Boris is the stuff of dreams, really. Also interesting to see they're working with Kurihara again on a new record.

I haven't bothered pre-ordering the Merzbow collab though. I dread to think how much money I've spent on Boris stuff this calendar year, I'm at the point where enough is enough I think, although I appreciate in the future I will regret that when I look at my collection, find a hole, and then look at how much they are online...

1 hour ago, hogso said:

I have, the track list is intriguing, a Merzbow collab of Boris is the stuff of dreams, really. Also interesting to see they're working with Kurihara again on a new record.

I haven't bothered pre-ordering the Merzbow collab though. I dread to think how much money I've spent on Boris stuff this calendar year, I'm at the point where enough is enough I think, although I appreciate in the future I will regret that when I look at my collection, find a hole, and then look at how much they are online...

Yeah tell me about it. $30 vinyl with $23 shipping is ridiculous... I've also seen that they have done some promo shots some fan club exclusive vinyl as well. If it is something new or something I haven't already got I'm down for it, otherwise I will probably give it a miss (unless it turns out to be Flood on vinyl but I suspect it won't be!).

2 New King Gizzard for you all next month. Another live album and a studio Surprisingly for them their first studio album of the year! New song Automation below. If you go on the band website you can create your own video/remix of the song as you so wish, if you are so inclined.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, cyrusr said:

2 New King Gizzard for you all next month. Another live album and a studio Surprisingly for them their first studio album of the year! New song Automation below. If you go on the band website you can create your own video/remix of the song as you so wish, if you are so inclined.

Great band and extremely prolific!!! 

Another Mr Bungle track released from the demo re-release 

I can't be the only one who is slightly disappointed that Mr Bungle exists again, but they're working on the original demo, which is basically a thrash metal record. Anyway, hopefully it's a sign of more interesting things to come. 

Did anyone else buy a ticket for the online Halloween show? 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, sne said:

Swedish one man act who mixes Americana, Blues and Black metal. New album Mono Secular Sounds is actually quite interesting .

Interesting, reminds me in part of Butthole Surfers or parts of Pere Ubu. Love that its a one man band, listening to a different track on bandcamp and it reminds me so much of Tad. Thats not a bad thing at all. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sne said:

Swedish one man act who mixes Americana, Blues and Black metal. New album Mono Secular Sounds is actually quite interesting .

Interesting is definitely the word. Kind of what i expected "Me and That Old Man" was going to sound, except not s***. Not bad at all. Cheers :) 

• Like 1

Â