New Music 2020

sne

New Enslaved Single Out today - Homebound. From the new album Utgard which will be out later this year. 

Enslaved are probably one of my favourite Black Metal bands, though don't think you can really call them that anymore, even their early work is far more progressive than other bands of the genre. Anyway, very excited for the new album! 

• 3 weeks later...

good day today!

Liam Gallagher has released his MTV unplugged album

Foals have announced a series of remixes done under isolation

Bombay Bicycle Club have announced a series of acoustic recordings done under isolation

2nd new fontaines DC song released

also found that wolf alice did a recording of another girl another planet for some NHS vinyl record, its been a bad day for the wallet

Edited by villa4europe

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, useless said:

Wlll probably be better than most of the middle of the road bland 'indie' BBC 6/Pitchfork type music that gets posted on here.

yeah she's actually half decent if you're seeking out some almost traditional style pop music, 1989 is a brilliant album (admittedly I got in to it thanks to ryan adams)

the documentary on her is a good watch and with that in mind when I eventually give this a listen i'm interested in how politicised shes tried to make it and whether or not that carries any kind of interest for me or is completely lost, without listening to it I would guess the latter, the timing of it says to me there will be some anti trump and anti various politician stuff

edit - ive had a quick look at a review and aaron dressner from the national wrote 11 of the songs and theres some work from a bon iver guy on there too, described as going indie folk so maybe middle of the road bland indie BBC6 music is what shes going for :lol:

Edited by villa4europe

I liked 1989 but wasn't as keen on her albums since, although maybe I didn't give them a good enough listen.

I've always liked the thought of her doing an acoustic album without all the over top production, so was hoping from the descriptions that this latest one might be in that vein.

• Like 1

Spent the morning listening to Folklore the new album by Taylor Swift and it reminds me of the more subdued tracks that have appeared on post Red albums. Its good but its also easy to hear the Bon Iver/The National side of the collaboration and less so Jack Antonoff, who made the Lover album so great. 
That all said, even though it lacks the pop exuberance of 1989 and Lover, it doesnt have the darkness of Reputation and as an unexpected gift, its great to have.  

Â