The Royal Family

Genie

A fight at any age in the family is not a rare occurrence, I'm sure many of us have stories that could be heard. If that's the biggest story in the book, along with "they hate my wife, they said this and that", it's gonna be a bit pants, along with the documentary bull***. It's all one way at the moment too, cause wills and Kate have a bit more respect and do not need to earn a living this way.

I sympathise with the treatment Harry and Meghan got from the media but he seems to be wanting to have his cake and eat it now.

He wants the media to pump his headlines and make him loads of money, but also doesn’t want the media digging up their own headlines.

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

cause wills and Kate have a bit more respect and do not need to earn a living this way.

Because you and I are paying for them, the soap opera you must subscribe to by law

It's obscene

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Genie said:

I sympathise with the treatment Harry and Meghan got from the media but he seems to be wanting to have his cake and eat it now.

He wants the media to pump his headlines and make him loads of money, but also doesn’t want the media digging up their own headlines.

This is pretty much where I stand. No question about the media treatment that drove them away. But first Oprah, then Netflix, now a book,... they make a living out of being in the spotlights and live off headlines in the media attacking the royal family, while they claim to wanted to get away from all that. It's starting to be a bit pathetic.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

100%. Me and my brother use to kick the shit out of each other its what siblings do. Now we are grown men we love and respect each other (also my brother is a cage fighter now so yeah i wouldnt be able to hurt him even i tried 😂)

This story just seems ridiculous. Harry is makinv himself look like a bit of a imbecile to be honest making this stuff public tryinv to get sympathy 

Not looking for sympathy.  He's just gifting to make book sales.  It's all about the filthy lucre.

Accusations of assault can't be ignored by the royal family. I'll save my judgement until we hear William's version of events, and the truth will probably be somewhere in the middle.

It's like my two kids fighting, it's always the other one's fault.

All this mud flinging is very boring though.

2 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

Accusations of assault can't be ignored by the royal family. I'll save my judgement until we hear William's version of events, and the truth will probably be somewhere in the middle.

It's like my two kids fighting, it's always the other one's fault.

All this mud flinging is very boring though.

Why ever not, they ignore everything else.

5 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Why ever not, they ignore everything else.

I understand the cynicism completely, but the Queen isn't here to sort it all out any more. Don't think the media will be as forgiving of their antics now. They'll have to address it.

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

I do agree with your point about not making all of this shit public though, Dem, especially when they moan about the intrusion. Enjoyed this bit in an article

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/01/05/europe/prince-harry-book-prince-william-physical-attack-intl-hnk

🤦‍♂️

Was talked about in the TV thread

Watch it and you'll understand

**** living Harry's life, its utter bullshit what the media and photographers do to them (and others of course) it has to be horrible 

William should stand by them but his wife is a beneficiary and so is the rest of his family (uncle) so he doesn't he toes the line

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

The stories and documentaries and book they've released over the last month or so is a drop in the ocean compared to the torrent they've recieved the other way. You can't blame them for wanting to tell their story and to defend themselves. Anyone else would do it. This isn't just a spat between brothers—this is a family who are talked about on a global scale. So many people clearly only want to hear the one narrative, a narrative that is one part of a (royal) media machine also of global power, backed up by plenty of journalists very much wrapped up in and fawning of the one side.

They've been turned into panto villains in an already absurd institution. Presumably, as they're both still their 30s/early 40s, they see themselves having a lot of life left with a lot of opportunities both altruistic and for themselves. Presumably they're allowed to be concerned when their, or one of their, names has been dragged through the mud on a global scale. Why wouldn't they want to set the record straight if they feel they've been misrepresented? And it's not as if, if they stayed quiet, the stories about them would suddenly stop—the stories would continue. Presumably at some point people in that situation anyone would do whatever they could to stop it.

Their counternarrative, even for the headlines, is still absolutely minute compared to the often brutal alternative that they were exposed to for years. And they (H&M) also have the challenge that so many people will refuse to listen to any of it. They'd argue that these people are biased and ignorant of their side of the story, I'm sure. And also that these people have fallen for the lines hook and sinker from the tabloids and the more subtle narrative in more 'respectable' outfits too.

Edited by Rolta
  • Like 3

35 minutes ago, Rolta said:

The stories and documentaries and book they've released over the last month or so is a drop in the ocean compared to the torrent they've recieved the other way. You can't blame them for wanting to tell their story and to defend themselves. Anyone else would do it. This isn't just a spat between brothers—this is a family who are talked about on a global scale. So many people clearly only want to hear the one narrative, a narrative that is one part of a (royal) media machine also of global power, backed up by plenty of journalists very much wrapped up in and fawning of the one side.

Their counternarrative, even for the headlines, is still absolutely minute compared to the often brutal alternative that they were exposed to for years. And they (H&M) also have the challenge that so many people will refuse to listen to any of it. They'd argue that these people are biased and ignorant of their side of the story, I'm sure. And also that these people have fallen for the lines hook and sinker from the tabloids and the more subtle narrative in more 'respectable' outfits too.

But the fact is, who cares. 

The hypocritical side of it is they are breeding more much media attention, apparently that they didn't want, an more people are turning, knowing a huge part of telling there story is to make a living, rather than putting the record straight. They are a strange couple to me, attention seeking maybe? They could have moved away from the bullshit and lived the dream in LA. Instead they choose to bring all the crap with them, whipping up a media frenzy.

• Like 1

Â