Our crossing

KenjiOgiwara

Can we talk about it? It's diabolical. 

Whether it's corners, free kicks, fullbacks, wingers. Whether it's at pace or a set piece. They are all absolute shit. 

Rarely it even beats the first defender. 

It's been annoying me all season. 

Surely I am not the only one? 

• Like 2

yep our set piece delivery is appalling at times. Only one I can remember being top quality was for Trezeguet goal vs Liverpool think was McGinn cross. We have players that should be able to cross so not sure what the issue is.

For a big team we never ever look like scoring from a set-piece

Our set piece play is I believe the worst in the league? No idea why but we can't score from them and we've conceded more from set play than any other team.

I get the feeling crossing is only the start of our problems.

Good to get it all out I guess, so we can start afresh in the New Year!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, turvontour said:

It's been reasonably poor I suppose, but then, who is the target of the crosses?

Well on corners, the 6 or 7 blokes wearing claret and blue in the box would be a good start.

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Haha, good grief. Were any of those 15 or so cup goals we've scored headers either? Cant remember any.

Trez headed the ball from 5 yards out, but he was under instruction from deano not to score a headed goal (because Pep Villa only score 20 yard screamers), and because he is so skillful, he headed the ball down on to his knee and trickled it in the goal just to embarras the opposition, just because he could.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Trez headed the ball from 5 yards out, but he was under instruction from deano not to score a headed goal (because Pep Villa only score 20 yard screamers), and because he is so skillful, he headed the ball down on to his knee and trickled it in the goal just to embarras the opposition, just because he could.

Like El Ghazis faint to header but instead shoulder in the playoff final. Pure showboating.

Christ, we really are bad in the air.

• Haha 1

It's either the quality of the ball in or the lack of numbers making good runs to get on the end of stuff. From what I've seen, neither are up to scratch, but I think it's the lack of good movement and finishing quality that is the bigger problem.

Matt Targett is an excellent crosser of the ball, for example, and a few of his crosses this season should have resulted in goals, but didn't.

• Like 1

Â