Backroom Staff

sir_gary_cahill

2 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

There is an Asian and a ginger haired members of our backroom staff, does anyone know their names? 

i think the asian guy is Ricky Shamji.

ginger guy.......Alex Butler?

info from:

Alex Butler twitter:

https://twitter.com/bigal2881?lang=en

BHam Mail post about backroom staff:

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-staff-premier-league-16330888

• Thanks 1

Anyone know if we are using anything like this to monitor trainings?

Also, the guy mentioned in the article, Ferran Sibila is someone I think would be an extremely interesting addition to our backroom team.

He works for Barcelona based company Ekkokona Soccer Services and has transformed IFK Göteborg in an amazing way this season, just like he did with Sundsvall the season before.

GOTHENBURG. Here is IFK Gothenburg's new tool.

With a drone, coach duo Poya Asbaghi and Ferran Sibila can see the training from a new perspective.

- You got a really good overview, says Asbaghi.

IFK Gothenburg is constantly working to improve.

As part of this work, the club's sporting team wants to use the latest technology.

Players, for example, wear so-called GPS vests that allow them to smoothly analyze their running distances, heart rate and other data out on the field.

Now, Blue White can take the help of another technical tool.

It was the supporters Joakim Hanäs - who runs GT's podcast BBpodd - and Peter Malmros came up with the proposal to fly drones over IFK Gothenburg training.

Blue-white nipped at the idea and this weekend a first test was conducted.

- They are, after all, interested in improving the tactical pieces, the position game, how to push and so on. If they get a drone film from the match game after the training, they can point and show the players: "Here you are one meter late in the press, you have to get up a little more", says Joakim Hanäs in the latest episode of BBpodd .

What was the response like?

- Ferran (Sibila, Blue White's assistant coach) was on fire and flames. We tested different angles and found one that they thought was cruel, says Hanäs.

https://www.expressen.se/gt/sport/bbpodd/har-ar-blavitts-nya-hjalpmedel/

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Whoever are our fitness guys they need replacing in the summer.

Story of our season, dead on our arse after 60 minutes. Even under Garde we had the laziest crappiest team imaginable, they weren't this unfit.

It's should be a huge source of  embarrassment to Dean Smith.

• 5 months later...

I wonder if we will see any tweaking to the backroom staff?

Terry is continuing to be linked to managerial jobs and I would not be against us adding some more experience or expertise among the coaches.

I've no detail on who does what and who we should add but I imagine it's an area where we can improve just like everywhere else. Both defensively and someone who coaches the strikers in how to make runs finishes would be most welcome. For sentimental reasons and because he was epic I've always wanted us to bring back Luc Nilis who's worked as a striker coach at PSV for a bunch of years now.

On 17/02/2020 at 12:07, rodders0223 said:

Whoever are our fitness guys they need replacing in the summer.

Story of our season, dead on our arse after 60 minutes. Even under Garde we had the laziest crappiest team imaginable, they weren't this unfit.

It's should be a huge source of  embarrassment to Dean Smith.

Fitness was definitely an issue last season and Smith alluded as much in fairly recent interviews, he said it was because a lot of the players joined late and we didn't have time to get them up to speed.

I think it was a combination of that and also maybe we were a bit naive in terms of the levels of fitness required, seemed to have sorted it out by the end of the season though, so in theory we should have a better handle on it this season coming.

Also you have to take in to account the amount of possession we had throughout the season was very low, chasing around for an hour will catch up with pretty much any team, again hopefully a bit more possession next season should help us out in that regard.

Smith is big on stats and you see the players wearing the GPS vests all the time in training, some wear them in game too I think so we should have the data. Hopefully fitness wont be an issue next season, if it is we definitely need to start questioning why.

• Like 1

think we should tap up Francis Cagigao (Arsenal's  ex head of international scouting), he just got booted by Arsenal under this "saving money due to COVID, we have no money" cr*p.

the dude found fabregas, martinelli, bellerin etc.

On 19/10/2019 at 21:22, sir_gary_cahill said:

There is an Asian and a ginger haired members of our backroom staff, does anyone know their names? 

Tony Xia is in hiding in our backroom 🤣

• 2 months later...

The Mail has a little presentation of the backroom staff. Not in dept or anything but still.

From fitness gurus to transfer instigators - Meet Dean Smith's 21-man support team at Aston Villa

Aston Villa's back-room staff in focus | Here's a rundown of the support cast behind the head coach at Aston Villa with every member playing a key part of Villa's meteoric rise over the last two years

Here, we detail the role of Villa's collection of trusted and lesser-known advisors whom Smith places great faith in. Here is a short profile about each of them:

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/dean-smith-aston-villa-staff-18736670

Edited by sne
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â