Assassin's Creed series

Dodgyknees

1 minute ago, dubbs said:

Good news is if you've made any progress on the PS4 version, it carries over to PS5. Even the trophies appeared whilst I was playing 👍

Was coming to ask you 😂

Will probably pick this up in the next couple of days and start it

19 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Was coming to ask you 😂

Will probably pick this up in the next couple of days and start it

Just make sure if you buy the physical version on ps4 you get a ps5 with a drive.   I've seen quite a few people asking how you upgrade from if you don't have a disc drive and been shocked by the answer - you can't 🤣

• Like 1

On 20/11/2020 at 09:59, Wainy316 said:

Asked for it for my birthday which means I can't play now and it's going to clash with Cyberpunk's new release date.

I really want to play it now my friends have told me how much Tamworth features in it.

Great game and Tamworth features heavily in the first story arc! 

• 2 weeks later...

Finished AC Valhalla tonight, 104 hours game time. No spoilers, but after about 40 hours I was ready to call it quits but I had to see it through! Just so repetitive, and the game feels unduly long. Aligning with each region used exactly the same structure and mechanics. Compared to Origins and Odyssey, this is dire.

Combat is woeful, I found the controls clunky or unresponsive, and it's still so buggy, even a month after release. England felt too big as well, too much open space that you have to trek through just to get another quest that was incredibly similar to one you recently completed. I didn't mind this so much in the other two games as there was so much more mythology interspersed within the quests, and they are two of the richest histories of any culture.

Only thing I really liked was Excalibur, super weapon in this game.

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...

Sunk a fair bit of time into this. It's....okay. I believe the saying is wide as an ocean, deep as a puddle.

Don't get me wrong, it looks great in general and it can be fun to just explore the world as I think they've done a good job in capturing the aesthetics and feel of the period. It just feels so padded out. I think it'd be better if the map was smaller. Also, some of the NPCs just look terrible. 

It's still worth playing though, I think. I'll keep going to finish the story but I can't see me doing much more than that.

Couple of hours in

Feels like a 1 step forward 1 step back, I loved odyssey but it had a lot of faults, they've got rif of striking someone 14 times to kill them but it's ended up a bit clunky and slower which is taking some getting used to, they've got rid of some of the features like the nemesis or whatever it was called and the battles which didn't work so I like that, I don't think the story instantly grabbed me, its not overly interesting so far

The biggest problem it has is ghosts of tsushima is a better game 

Edit - the voice acting doesn't help, its garbage, some of the worst I've heard in a big game 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

Have always been a fan of AC. Well aside from Black Sails which was just way too boring for me at least.  Have played this for a few hours now and it is ok so far, but just is not really gripping me as I thought it would.  My favorite Ubisoft series overall though would have to be the Far Cry ones.

I'm 20 hours in, I'm in to it but it's a proper mixed bag, I've acclimatised to the combat and don't really have that much trouble with it any more apart from the abilities aren't as good / useful as odyssey 

The story is weak as ****! It's a bit boring with terrible voice acting and wonky accents 

It looks great but has performance issues, there's a ton of detail on the grass but that comes with pop up

The more I've played the more apparent it is that it's still a scattergun of ideas approach, raids and the invasion set pieces are better than the battles of odyssey and don't feel pointless like they did, and the knights whatever they're called are better than the nemesis system too but the mysteries and side quest stuff are wet and pointless, it's shoe horned in filler to make the game feel bigger, chasing paper in the wind to get new tattoo designs and stuff like that doesn't need to be there, same with wet henge and that kind of thing, placing rocks on top of each other, the game doesn't need it

There's a decent game in there for sure but they've spoiled it with too much again rather than making a really tight good main game 

• 2 months later...

I’ve started Valhalla and just landed in England - it’s pretty good so far but some of the dialogue is unintentionally hilarious! 

I like the addition of having a homestead and raiding missions but some of the side missions are a little unnecessary as there isn’t much to do. 

I did like the Animus Glitch side mission though. 

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

I’ve started Valhalla and just landed in England - it’s pretty good so far but some of the dialogue is unintentionally hilarious! 

I like the addition of having a homestead and raiding missions but some of the side missions are a little unnecessary as there isn’t much to do. 

I did like the Animus Glitch side mission though. 

Finally put some proper time into this recently and really enjoying it. It's not hit the heights of Origins or Odyssey yet, but its very solid and entertaining.

Oh and came across this yesterday...

prodigy firestarter GIF

If you know, you know 🤣

Edited by Designer1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Finally put some proper time into this recently and really enjoying it. It's not hit the heights of Origins or Odyssey yet, but its very solid and entertaining.

Oh and came across this yesterday...

prodigy firestarter GIF

If you know, you know 🤣

Hmmm don’t know that bit... yet!

ive just unlocked the order of ancients targets, which was one of the bits I loved about Odyssey. 

I know I’ll really get into it and already think it’ll be above Origins but below Odyssey in my ranking. 

I'm around 60 hours in and I don't think it's as good as odyssey 

They've fine tuned some bits of it, the war elements for example are much better and feel like they actually mean something but the story isn't as strong

For as much as its got its hooks in me I still think in general it has too many ideas, tries too many things and is too scattergun 

• 2 weeks later...

pretty much sums up my thoughts on AC

Assassin's Creed Should Go Smaller With Its Setting, Not Bigger - GameSpot

especially agree with the idea that they should be using the power of next gen to improve the towns and cities rather than look to make the countries bigger, which if they go europe with the next game i would expect to be the case but if they go south america i think they'll go huge

On 19/04/2021 at 09:43, villa4europe said:

pretty much sums up my thoughts on AC

Assassin's Creed Should Go Smaller With Its Setting, Not Bigger - GameSpot

especially agree with the idea that they should be using the power of next gen to improve the towns and cities rather than look to make the countries bigger, which if they go europe with the next game i would expect to be the case but if they go south america i think they'll go huge

Was thinking about the ‘where next’ for AC and considered with the success of Tsushima they’d either go along that route with a Far East setting or avoid it and do something obscure like the Conquistadors or Russia, to avoid the obvious comparisons. 

I don’t think they’ve finished with the UK either. 

Edited by theboyangel

I think they can do sengoku period Japan and just about get away with it but it would feel like God of war was a success and they did vikings, ghost was a success and they do samurai

Spanish landing in South America seems to be the favourite, Russia would be interesting and give them the varying locations but I think they like the water element of the game (which I'm not fussed by) and SA would give them the amazon to play with 

They could do Jerusalem and the crusades. .. Not sure why they've never explored that as its so obvious 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm 56 hours in to valhalla and it's dragging bad

Got maybe 10 hours left to go in the main story I think, 2 or 3 counties left, got loads of side quests and gear to do, the river raids, only done the 1st mission in the drug induced vision side quest but I'm struggling 

The counties thing seemed like a good idea until you realise how many characters there are, how much story there is and even though to be fair its not that samey it's also not interesting 

Put over 100 hours in to odyssey I won't make that on this, if the shops were open I'd be trading it already 

12 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I'm 56 hours in to valhalla and it's dragging bad

Got maybe 10 hours left to go in the main story I think, 2 or 3 counties left, got loads of side quests and gear to do, the river raids, only done the 1st mission in the drug induced vision side quest but I'm struggling 

The counties thing seemed like a good idea until you realise how many characters there are, how much story there is and even though to be fair its not that samey it's also not interesting 

Put over 100 hours in to odyssey I won't make that on this, if the shops were open I'd be trading it already 

100% agree. I've really struggled to get into this properly. It's just not grabbing me like Origins did. I'm sure I'll keep it because there will be periods where there's nothing else to play, but if I don't complete it it's not the end of the world. 

• Like 1

On 21/04/2021 at 07:20, theboyangel said:

Was thinking about the ‘where next’ for AC and considered with the success of Tsushima they’d either go along that route with a Far East setting or avoid it and do something obscure like the Conquistadors or Russia, to avoid the obvious comparisons. 

I don’t think they’ve finished with the UK either. 

I'd love them to do one set around King Arthur, working with or against him.. Could have some really good settings in Scotland, Wales and England (Hadrians Wall, Amesbury Abbey and Cadbury Castle for example). Some interesting characters and battles.

• Like 1

Â