Assassin's Creed series

Dodgyknees

Yep I'm the same, found it started to drag so took a break to play Last of Us 2.  Once I've finished that I've got to decide whether to go back to it or extend my hiatus and start FF7.

I must be the only one that has enjoyed it more the further I've got 😄

I think it's good now I've finally become an unstoppable killing machine with upgraded weapons and armour - the City and River Raids really get the blood pumping and I've loved hunting down every one of the Zealots and massacring them.

Definitely agree it's not quite up to Origin and Odyssey, and it suffers from limiting your abilities for too long in the first phase of the game, but I still think it's a solid 8/10.

Edited by Designer1
  • Like 1

About half way in you have the first battle where you call on all the counties you've befriended to come to your aid, without trying to be too Spoilery something happens to someone... And I genuinely didn't have a clue who that someone was... 

I've done another 4 or 5 counties since then, nothing sticks

The gameplay and what have you is still OK, the basic mechanics of it all is fine but another example I have to spend hours building up to hunting down and killing the blade or something from the order, by the time I get to the man himself I've forgotten who he even is or how I got there 

I’m currently in Oxfordshire and just released Fulke from St Albans Abbey.

ive got more and more into it but haven’t really upgraded my armour/weapons yet barring Varins Axe, which is one down from mythic 

I’ve almost got the complete magister armour - is it any good? 

which are the best weapons/armour to upgrade? 

23 hours ago, theboyangel said:

I’m currently in Oxfordshire and just released Fulke from St Albans Abbey.

ive got more and more into it but haven’t really upgraded my armour/weapons yet barring Varins Axe, which is one down from mythic 

I’ve almost got the complete magister armour - is it any good? 

which are the best weapons/armour to upgrade? 

If you can get the tablets to unlock Excalibur then get to it. I snuck around in some of the high level regions, and ran away a lot. You're unstoppable when you get that. Thor's hammer and armour is good, but you don't get them till you've finished the main story line.

Other than that there's no real "best" armour. It's totally based on your play style and what runes you get.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 13/05/2021 at 21:18, Jonesy7211 said:

If you can get the tablets to unlock Excalibur then get to it. I snuck around in some of the high level regions, and ran away a lot. You're unstoppable when you get that. Thor's hammer and armour is good, but you don't get them till you've finished the main story line.

Other than that there's no real "best" armour. It's totally based on your play style and what runes you get.

I’m just two tablets away from Excalibur and into Winchester. Going to focus now on getting that mythic sword!!!! 

Currently wearing the Thegn’s armour set as I melee more than anything else and upgraded the blacksmiths hammer and the plank and bucket shield to mythic status - a very effective combo! 

still loving the game, really grown on me but only manage the odd hour here and there to play it (to be fair I am a 47yr old bloke working everyday so that’s understandable 😂

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

I’m just two tablets away from Excalibur and into Winchester. Going to focus now on getting that mythic sword!!!! 

Currently wearing the Thegn’s armour set as I melee more than anything else and upgraded the blacksmiths hammer and the plank and bucket shield to mythic status - a very effective combo! 

still loving the game, really grown on me but only manage the odd hour here and there to play it (to be fair I am a 47yr old bloke working everyday so that’s understandable 😂

It's worth it, if you get a critical or heavy finish you blind everyone around you. Don't think this version of AC was made for sneaking, so the sword is really useful. I played melee all the way through too.

I don't get much time to play either, but I got into this during lockdown whilst shielding so had sooo much free time on my own. Kids soon put a stop to that when things eased! Not played anything since, except the Irish expansion. Good add-on I thought, although I stopped using Excalibur as I wanted to try another style. I dual wielded mjolnir with another hammer instead. I got Thor's armour which increases your speed massively, and mjolnir has a stun bonus. Great for scuffles.

• Like 1

Just now, Jonesy7211 said:

It's worth it, if you get a critical or heavy finish you blind everyone around you. Don't think this version of AC was made for sneaking, so the sword is really useful. I played melee all the way through too.

I don't get much time to play either, but I got into this during lockdown whilst shielding so had sooo much free time on my own. Kids soon put a stop to that when things eased! Not played anything since, except the Irish expansion. Good add-on I thought, although I stopped using Excalibur as I wanted to try another style. I dual wielded mjolnir with another hammer instead. I got Thor's armour which increases your speed massively, and mjolnir has a stun bonus. Great for scuffles.

Thor armour will be next on my list! Will look into the Irish expansion too. Cheers 

So, have managed a couple of hours additional playing time so grabbed hold of Odin’s Spear - wow, what a weapon! 

also slaughtered the three daughters of Lerion to get most of Thor’s armour and just need to hunt down all the zealots to get the cape. 

Currently in Vinland taking down Gorm, which would just leave me The Father left of the Order members and then the completion of Hampshire story arc. 

• 2 weeks later...

Assassin's Creed Infinity Confirmed, Rumored To Launch 2024 At The Soonest With Multiple Settings - GameSpot

sounds like they're going to have a massive play with it

my problem with it as a snapshot is that to make that work it brings in more abstergo stuff which to me is the weakest part of the game, its bullshit that they dont need

If they have to do more Abstergo stuff to make it work then there will likely be no real story attached to it.

Infinity is a live service experience so Abstergo might be used as a Destiny style online hub. You do your stuff in Italy and you warp out, you walk around as your modern day character, you talk to vendors, get daily quests and then warp somewhere else.

Abstergo has been an afterthought for a decade so I don't see that changing. It being an online hub might finally be the best use for it.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Daweii said:

If they have to do more Abstergo stuff to make it work then there will likely be no real story attached to it.

Infinity is a live service experience so Abstergo might be used as a Destiny style online hub. You do your stuff in Italy and you warp out, you walk around as your modern day character, you talk to vendors, get daily quests and then warp somewhere else.

Abstergo has been an afterthought for a decade so I don't see that changing. It being an online hub might finally be the best use for it.

that's exactly how i thought of it too, they'll then feed it with missions and events of various scale, it will be a never ending service thing where they can add new locations and new stories every quarter even if some of them are only a few hours long 

• Like 1

So I’ve done Valhalla, which was great (but not as good as Odyssey IMO) and now looking for a new game…

Any suggestions for an open world melee combat style game with a few puzzles chucked in?!? 

On 12/07/2021 at 20:49, theboyangel said:

So I’ve done Valhalla, which was great (but not as good as Odyssey IMO) and now looking for a new game…

Any suggestions for an open world melee combat style game with a few puzzles chucked in?!? 

Ghost of tsushima is the obvious one 

Better than AC for me, more streamlined and better combat 

After that god of war, the 2 middle earth games, not dynasty warriors 9 as that was shit but theres 2 samurai warriors games out next month I think 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Ghost of tsushima is the obvious one 

Better than AC for me, more streamlined and better combat 

After that god of war, the 2 middle earth games, not dynasty warriors 9 as that was shit but theres 2 samurai warriors games out next month I think 

thanks for the suggestions! 

Loved and completed Tsushima! 

I’ve found my lad had downloaded Shadows of Mordor for free so will give that ago and have picked up AC Syndicate for a couple of quid off eBay. 

will keep my eyes open for the samurai warriors games! 

They've changed the art style for the upcoming ones so I'm really not sure about them any more

Which is a shame after playing ghost and watching the good samurai docu series on Netflix I'm really in the mood for another samurai game 

• Like 1

On 12/07/2021 at 19:49, theboyangel said:

God of War.

Then God of War.

After that God of War.

The Ghosts. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

God of War.

Then God of War.

After that God of War.

The Ghosts. 

Hmmm I’ve played God of War and whilst it was ok, I felt it was too restrictive and prescriptive where I could wander and gave up on it about a third of the way through.

Never heard of the Ghosts - will research!  

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

Hmmm I’ve played God of War and whilst it was ok, I felt it was too restrictive and prescriptive where I could wander and gave up on it about a third of the way through.  

That was exactly my experience too. I think that's why I struggle with The Last of Us as well.

• Like 1

Â