Assassin's Creed series

Dodgyknees

43 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

Unlike @villa4europe and @theboyangel, I didn’t really get into odyssey. Just didn’t really grasped me, although to be fair I don’t think I got very far into the game to really justify saying it’s a bad game.

Black Flag for me was definitely the best. Then probably origins, that was great, particularly since the previous 2 (Unity and Syndicate) were pretty meh (the France one is definitely the worse). If you go further back in the games, Assassin Creed 2 was much better than 1, where the game really found it’s feet’s and Ezio was great to play. There were a couple of add on games for both 1 & 2. 3 was another poor one and then there are others in between. At that time they were piling them out every year and the quality was very poor. When they actually slowed down and took their time with it, that’s when Origins came out, so hopefully they have learnt now...

Yeah the original/interlinking story is pretty poor and and makes little sense. Each historical elements though has its own story which can be variable but good in its own right, which might help with that need. The games are worth playing, but I would not say that you should be paying full price for them (though having just since the Ubisoft  allegations of misconduct earlier in this thread, I am not so sure...).

I hope that helps :) 

Have given Black Flag a 10 minute spin and amazed at how different it is to Odyssey (Controls being the main difference as expected they’d be standard across the series) Will stick with it but looking to get a copy of origins too. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
4 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

97 hours on Odyssey and I think I'm just about ready to put it down.  I think I'm a bit Assassins Creeded out for now but I'd be a master if I picked up Valhalla now whilst I'm still in the AC flow.  Tempting.

16 hours ago, dubbs said:

Just been brought a copy of Valhalla.  Early stages yet but its another good addition to the AC series. 

I've got the PS5 version ready for next Thursday. 

If it's anything like as good as Origins and Odyssey I'll be a happy little camper as I absolutely adore those two and Platinumed both.

3 hours ago, Designer1 said:

If it's anything like as good as Origins and Odyssey I'll be a happy little camper as I absolutely adore those two and Platinumed both.

Luckily my version includes the free ps5 upgrade so I'm happy 😊.   The game itself looks like it'll be a slow burner to begin with,  and I don't like the new skill tree system.   Other than that I think it'll be a lot of fun,  hopefully as much as Origins was.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Out of interest, how many hours to platinum it?  I can't be too far off.

2 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Out of interest, how many hours to platinum it?  I can't be too far off.

I think I put about 150 hrs in iirc.

I did do a fair amount of just pissing about though tbh - I can never resist it in those games 😄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Designer1 said:

I think I put about 150 hrs in iirc.

I did do a fair amount of just pissing about though tbh - I can never resist it in those games 😄

In an open world that big, pissing about is a must!  I did tire of the little fetch quests or 'kill these sharks; quests in the end though.  Stopped triggering them.

2 hours ago, dubbs said:

Has anyone managed to upgrade the current gen version to next gen on playstation yet?  I'm following the instructions I've googled and it wants me to pay!

I did it with No Mans Sky and that worked fine.

5 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

I really want to play it now my friends have told me how much Tamworth features in it.

Do you get to smash it up and / or burn it to the ground? If so my interest is well and truly piqued. 

• Haha 1

Seems its a known issue to get the free upgrade to PS5 using a disc.   Hopefully it'll be sorted shortly.   The only work around I've seen so far is to create a Turkish account.

• 2 weeks later...
Â