Assassin's Creed series

Dodgyknees

unlocking the whole map I've just got some bits of sea to take care of, the land is done

the underwater treasures is the one that I think will piss me off

after that I've got medussa, the pirate questline, Olympic questline, then defeat an elite (or legendary) ship then im done

• 1 month later...

the worst kept secret in gaming its going to Vikings...

setting is good for me, hopefully leans a bit more on mythology than odyssey, they've kept the location as somewhere they can chuck water in which I can live with even if im not that fussed by it, the pillaging element of Vikings will be interesting (if you can attack everyone) the game needs to be tighter than the last one, less scatter gun and a little bit of everything, for example the nemesis system didn't work, the loot system was massive and hopefully finally one day they will chuck asparagus or whatever bollocks they are called in the bin and just make them stand alone games

I still hope one day they go to feudal japan but with the other games in that setting at the moment they're probably better staying away from it

8 hours ago, Chindie said:

So, you guys liked that God of War, eh?

Portraying the Vikings as good guys is an interesting take. 

As a Swede, I approve. 😬 Joking aside, this is actually the first Assassins Creed I’ve been even remotely hyped about tbh.

• 4 weeks later...

Just bought Origins about 2/3 weeks ago for a tenner on Amazon. So far, it's been brilliant. I think I'm about 60% of the way through the main quests.

The map is huge, and when I finally got to Giza to see the Pyramids it was class. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Have started on AC Odyssey and loving it so far.

Have never played an AC  before and it’s a little different to the likes on Uncharted and Fallen Order. 

only level 5 at the moment but getting through the objectives ok and enjoying the variety of tasks. 

just took out the first mercenary tracking me and onto stealing the Cyclops’ obsidian eye next! 

great recommendation guys! 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Absolutely loving Odyssey - now a level 32 with a 4* Spear and tearing up Ancient Greece.

really like the main storyline but also the side quests that weave in and around it. 

just finished off the first Cultist group  too and have one more to go on the second group! 

managing a sneaky hour of play a night in between tea and the kids bedtime! 

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Latest update!

now level 58, completed the main quest and restored the family unit (now my crew on the Adriesta!), slayed all beasts of Artemis, sealed Atlantis (Destroying all the bosses) and given the Cult of Cosmos a damn good thrashing! 

oh, my spear is maxed out too!! 

Now have some between two worlds Blue quests left and a new Orange quest about Atlantis I think!

have really enjoyed it and definitely going to get Valhalla when released! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

I don't think I could justify giving Ubisoft money for the foreseeable given what has come out about their workplace culture in recent weeks.

That's passed me by - what's happened?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, theboyangel said:

That's passed me by - what's happened?

A bunch of stuff came out about their workplace culture being... Well, vile. A couple of executives (genuinely top line officials at the company) have resigned over their conduct, which ranges from systemic misogyny to assault and sexual assault. Women generally being treated like shit, racism, a top ranking exec choking an employee, the right hand man of the CEO surreptitiously giving people cakes laced with weed, groping colleagues...

Seemingly the entire company was aware of this, HR pretty much covered up or ignored complaints it is alleged, and the board supposedly didn't care about the toxic environment provided the bottom line didn't suffer.

The response to this coming out has been shit as well - word has been that staff wishing to have complaints investigated have been forced to sign NDAs first, 'advice' has been given that victims should first discuss the matter with their abuser, and when this all first broke it was alleged the HR department threatened to resign if they were blamed for anything.

There's an awful lot of crap coming out about this and I kinda don't feel like Ubisoft should be getting any money from me anytime soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 25/07/2020 at 11:41, Chindie said:

The response to this coming out has been shit as well - word has been that staff wishing to have complaints investigated have been forced to sign NDAs first, 'advice' has been given that victims should first discuss the matter with their abuser, and when this all first broke it was alleged the HR department threatened to resign if they were blamed for anything.

On brand for most HR departments I've ever worked with, sadly.

So if I’ve never played any Assassin Creed games, and will probably only get round to playing one of them ever, which game should I go for?

FYI - loved Far Cry series, loved GTA5 but didn’t like GTA4, loved RDR but found RDR2 average, loved Witcher 3, and like a good strong plot/story. 

Odyssey 

The older games have a story arc attached to it that is utter utter bollocks, there is a little bit of it in ACO but they've pushed it way down, almost like they know they have to cut it out but don't know how

It still has problems, it's a scattergun of ideas that plenty don't work, hopefully the new game will be tighter

I've played about 5 of them, odyssey is the first one that I made it past 5 hours 

Personally I'd take ghost of tsushima over any of them 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, ender4 said:

So if I’ve never played any Assassin Creed games, and will probably only get round to playing one of them ever, which game should I go for?

FYI - loved Far Cry series, loved GTA5 but didn’t like GTA4, loved RDR but found RDR2 average, loved Witcher 3, and like a good strong plot/story. 

Have only played (and just finished) Odyssey and it was great fun. 

Definitely recommend it - great main storyline interspersed with some humour. 

• Thanks 1

On 27/07/2020 at 19:43, ender4 said:

Unlike @villa4europe and @theboyangel, I didn’t really get into odyssey. Just didn’t really grasped me, although to be fair I don’t think I got very far into the game to really justify saying it’s a bad game.

Black Flag for me was definitely the best. Then probably origins, that was great, particularly since the previous 2 (Unity and Syndicate) were pretty meh (the France one is definitely the worse). If you go further back in the games, Assassin Creed 2 was much better than 1, where the game really found it’s feet’s and Ezio was great to play. There were a couple of add on games for both 1 & 2. 3 was another poor one and then there are others in between. At that time they were piling them out every year and the quality was very poor. When they actually slowed down and took their time with it, that’s when Origins came out, so hopefully they have learnt now...

Yeah the original/interlinking story is pretty poor and and makes little sense. Each historical elements though has its own story which can be variable but good in its own right, which might help with that need. The games are worth playing, but I would not say that you should be paying full price for them (though having just since the Ubisoft  allegations of misconduct earlier in this thread, I am not so sure...).

I hope that helps :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah I'd probably go as far as to say I like odyssey because I don't like assassins creed so for me the further it moves away from its roots the better it's getting 

The annoying thing for me was I really wanted to enjoy the one set in America, the time in history was great for my interest... And i really couldn't get in to it

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Yeah I'd probably go as far as to say I like odyssey because I don't like assassins creed so for me the further it moves away from its roots the better it's getting 

The annoying thing for me was I really wanted to enjoy the one set in America, the time in history was great for my interest... And i really couldn't get in to it

Completely agree. The US one (3 I think) was really poor. I think they tried to rescue it with the add on games but could not get into it either.

• Like 1

Â