Aston Villa Women

mikeyp102

My son (an Under 9s player), played the under 10s girls Villa team last night. 

They (the Villa girls) absolutely battered them.  My lad played in goal and actually played well and did well to keep it down to about 8-0.  But even accounting for the extra years coaching at an elite academy, sheesh, they were incredible for a bunch of 9/10 year olds.

Some of the passages of play, to draw in tackles then quickly switch play.  The confidence on the ball to take it under pressure and shield the ball easily.  The decision making was 95% correct and much faster than our lads' team.

It was like they were playing a different sport to be honest.  Was really impressed.    

• Like 3

On 19/09/2023 at 13:31, rjw63 said:

Ms Lehmann causing a stir with a raunchy calendar (if the cover is anything to go by).

£50 quid a pop though and £150 for the “special “ version (whatever that means).

The club obviously missed a trick there 😂

£150 for a calendar

Is there an extra 6 months or summat

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Xela said:

Didn't Lehmann say she wanted to be known for her football and not her looks?

I'm not blaming her, make as much money as you can, but at least be honest about it! 

its called modesty.

I guess its like the glamorous actresses, who want to be known for acting, then go to the awards night in string vest.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, TRO said:

its called modesty.

I guess its like the glamorous actresses, who want to be known for acting, then go to the awards night in string vest.

I don't think that's the case 

If Damon, Hanks and the like are at an awards night, Cosmo and the like,  aren't going to be analysing what they are wearing. But if a woman turns up in a faux pas 

Well that's a different matter entirely

11 hours ago, colhint said:

I don't think that's the case 

If Damon, Hanks and the like are at an awards night, Cosmo and the like,  aren't going to be analysing what they are wearing. But if a woman turns up in a faux pas 

Well that's a different matter entirely

Well, its a case in point, yeah.

However, in the time it takes some ladies to get ready, you would think a Faux Pas is fairly avoidable, unless sailing close to the wind is premeditated and by design.

But there is not much headline or sensationalism,  new in a Lounge suit, is there?.....and in the main, thats what men wear....depending on the type of awards night.

1 minute ago, wishywashy said:

Hanson's gone off injured in the final few minutes, had to be assisted. FFS. Hope it's nothing bad.

She was playing brilliantly. Great to see a left footed winger on the left wing putting in spectacular crosses with her left. Touch wood its not ankle ligaments and just a sprain. Shes a dynamo

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

She was playing brilliantly. Great to see a left footed winger on the left wing putting in spectacular crosses with her left. Touch wood its not ankle ligaments and just a sprain. Shes a dynamo

Typical villa injury in a pointless game

5 minutes ago, villaajax said:

Going by the picture of Hanson with her family, all smiles after the game on her Instagram Story I'm taking that as an encouraging sign that her injury might not be too bad

Pretty happy on Twitter too. Fingers crossed that it was just a scare.

• Like 2

Â