Aston Villa Women

mikeyp102

On 15/01/2023 at 17:24, useless said:

They lost as they do every week, but Mary McAteer scored another goal for Coventry United today, Olivia Rabjohn also got some minutes off the bench, both still train with us and sometimes play with our U21s as still our players but on a dual registration with Coventry for this season.

On 18/01/2023 at 06:55, WallisFrizz said:

It could only be for women’s season ticket holders. It’s at Bescot so in the unlikely event that all men’s team sth wanted to go, they couldn’t honour it due to capacity.

I think they've probably made the sensible assumption that all 30,000 Villa season ticket holders aren't going to want to go to this game

On 18/01/2023 at 10:31, useless said:

About a year or so back a lot of smal heath fans were asking about them possibly moving to the Alexander Stadium because of their stadium issues, amongst them is a blogger/journalist that goes by the name of Almajir, and is very reliable with his information, I saw him reply to those questions that he knows for a fact that our womens team already has a deal in place to move to the Alexander Stadium on a long-term lease.

I guess we will find out soon enough as the current deal to play at the Bescot ends this season.

I was also told that the plan is to create an interconnected triangle via brand new walking/cycling routes that will link up Villa Park - Alexander Stadium and the new Inner City Academy at Brookvale. 

Definitely exciting times ahead 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I think they've probably made the sensible assumption that all 30,000 Villa season ticket holders aren't going to want to go to this game

No I think it is just for womens team STHs, as it charges me full price when I try and book. I have mens ST but not womens. They could have done with specifying though on the original announcement.

2 minutes ago, turvontour said:

No I think it is just for womens team STHs, as it charges me full price when I try and book. I have mens ST but not womens. They could have done with specifying though on the original announcement.

Fair enough 

On 18/01/2023 at 17:17, useless said:

U21s beat West Ham 7-1 this afternoon at Bodymoor Heath.

According to FA website Alice Keitley scored all seven goals in this game.

After an up and down start win puts them top of the table, albeit other teams have games in hand.

Edit: FA now updated the page, now says Keitley got four goals, Ruby-Rae Tucker, Megan Shaw, and Ella Bryan with the other three.

Edited by useless
  • Thanks 1

Â