Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi 2019/2020

villalad21

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Messi won the Ballon Dor.......... Now some pissed off Liverpool fans and media 😂😂

The amount of smoke blown up VVDs ass is incredible, great player don't get me wrong but it's like he's the 2nd coming of maldini

28 with 18 months at the top, in more or less every journalists team of the decade 

20 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The amount of smoke blown up VVDs ass is incredible, great player don't get me wrong but it's like he's the 2nd coming of maldini

28 with 18 months at the top, in more or less every journalists team of the decade 

Its ridiculous. Vidic, Ferdinand, Terry, Kompany all played in this decade. Could argue Cahill as well was better, even Koscielny or Jagielka did more

17 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Off topic but I can't see a Ballon D'Or thread. Anyone else think Riyad Mahrez is very fortunate to find himself in the top 10 of that list. Above Sterling somehow? 

Yep, totally devalues the whole process in my opinion.

17 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Off topic but I can't see a Ballon D'Or thread. Anyone else think Riyad Mahrez is very fortunate to find himself in the top 10 of that list. Above Sterling somehow? 

Won the African Nations Cup so would hae big impact. Semegal wins it then Mane be higher than Van Dijk

• Like 3

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Messi superior to him this season. Just look at the stats.

Ronaldo is declining hard.

Massively OTT, 6 goals in 11 games in the league this season, 14 goals in 10 international games this year. He appears to have declined a bit but not hugely. Every chance he goes on a great run for Juve soon.

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

Won the African Nations Cup so would hae big impact. Semegal wins it then Mane be higher than Van Dijk

I don't really understand why team performances come into it in this kind of thing.  Why would what Mahrez did for Algeria mean he has been better than Sterling when they've played for the same club and Sterling has been by far the better player?  Surely that's the better comparison.

32 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

They should go for Pochettino.  Is being at Espanyol in the past really that big a deal?

for Poch it is, he is an Espanyol club legend. Was last player to captain them to a trophy. Be like Lampard or Terry taking the Spurs or Arsenal job

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

I don't really understand why team performances come into it in this kind of thing.  Why would what Mahrez did for Algeria mean he has been better than Sterling when they've played for the same club and Sterling has been by far the better player?  Surely that's the better comparison.

Yep the criteria is very odd. 

I cant stand Liverpool, and I agree that VVD is overcredited but if you at look everything surely he was better than Messi last season and deserved to win the trophy. Champions league winner, nations cup winner, lost one game last calendar year, one of the best defences in world football. In the same way you could say Alexander Arnold and Robertson could be right up there. Yes Messi won La Liga and scored a lot, but for him it was relatively quiet. 

Ok just checked and actually Messi scored more than I thought he had, so maybe not that quiet.

Edited by mikeyp102

9 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

but for him it was relatively quiet. 

that's the thing with messi and ronaldo

last year was a shambles when messi came 5th despite doing messi things all year, the best 2 footballers in the world are still those 2 no matter who won what but the measuring sticks are different because they've done it for so long

10 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Yep the criteria is very odd. 

I cant stand Liverpool, and I agree that VVD is overcredited but if you at look everything surely he was better than Messi last season and deserved to win the trophy. Champions league winner, nations cup winner, lost one game last calendar year, one of the best defences in world football. In the same way you could say Alexander Arnold and Robertson could be right up there. Yes Messi won La Liga and scored a lot, but for him it was relatively quiet. 

Ok just checked and actually Messi scored more than I thought he had, so maybe not that quiet.

Liverpool had 5 other players in the top 20 whereas Barca had none.  The quality was more evenly spread for Plop which surely makes it easier for a team to win trophies than Messi doing it on his own pretty much.

Â