Huddersfield

Greenfly

2 hours ago, ChrisVillan said:

I believe PP have a couple of other clubs lined up. 

It’ll work while there’s one (or only a couple) of companies doing it. 

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It’ll work while there’s one (or only a couple) of companies doing it. 

It'll work fine. It's only there to get Paddy Power attention, good or bad, anyway. Then it'll be forgotten because they never meant it in the first place. 

Where’s the thread talking about Watford’s sponsor??

worked a treat 

they knew it would, that’s how they got the club and Umbro to buy in to it

its also why you can’t buy in to anything anymore, negative responses via social media is actually what they’re targeting rather than blowing their budget on actual marketing, it’s the footballing version of the Iceland tv advert, and they probably got that out of the Ryanair - who have the cheapest flights in Europe - book of negative publicity 

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

Yes.

The words removed bent over, lubed up and spread their cheeks to help small heath stay up a couple of seasons back, so **** them.

Yeah that we annoying but I respect then for managing to stay up on a tiny budget

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Where’s the thread talking about Watford’s sponsor??

I have no idea who sponsors them but at a guess i'd say an Asian gambling, gaming or forex company?

Sooner they ban them from sponsoring sport the better. 

Thinking about it since I posted that, I know maybe 10 PL sponsors, I can picture the shape of spurs sponsor but I don't know who they are, I know baggies are sponsored by a boiler company, blues might be 888 (?) And there are about 3 teams sponsored by 32red (Leeds, preston) worst of all I know ours are a golden W but I don't know who the company are, not even sure of our sponsors full company name 

And I will remember the sponsor of a team who don't even have the name on their shirt 

Its some clever shit 

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Thinking about it since I posted that, I know maybe 10 PL sponsors, I can picture the shape of spurs sponsor but I don't know who they are, I know baggies are sponsored by a boiler company, blues might be 888 (?) And there are about 3 teams sponsored by 32red (Leeds, preston) worst of all I know ours are a golden W but I don't know who the company are, not even sure of our sponsors full company name 

And I will remember the sponsor of a team who don't even have the name on their shirt 

Its some clever shit 

Just looking through the kits for the season and a lot of the sponsors I never ever heard of. Hell of a lot of Asian betting companies

53 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Its some clever shit 

It's genius. Like you I could barely name a sponsor of another company - the logos are basically blind spots on shirts that I ignore, but I'll totally remember that Huddersfield are sponsored by Paddy Power.

4 minutes ago, ChrisVillan said:

Anyone in here not heard of PP before this?

I think that's the surprise, PP are well established here, not sure why they need to try and get the exposure a championship club offers

Unless they tested the market and thought a yo-yo-ing Huddersfield offered them the best potential value for a PL team

The problem being the campaign they've started means that if they do get promoted they can't stick their name on a prem kit for the Asian and American markets

Not sure what's actually in it for them

I really dislike paddy power and other such companies that try and insinuate themselves into the 'banter' that occurs between football fans, as if they're your friend or something, when all they really want is for you to lose your money so that they can profit. I don't think what they've done with the Huddersfield shirts is a good thing either, yes it would be nice to have shirts without advertisments on, but with this 'stunt' they've even gone and managed to spoil that, as they've now they've branded the whole concept of sponsorless shirts with their name.

• Like 2

On 20/07/2019 at 06:33, Greenfly said:

So it turns out that horrific Huddersfield kit with the sash was fake. It was all part of a campaign to get rid of shirt sponsors once and for all.......fair play to them. They've pulled a blinder there.

"Going for that anti-marketing dollar. That’s a good market. He’s very smart.”

17 hours ago, useless said:

I really dislike paddy power and other such companies that try and insinuate themselves into the 'banter' that occurs between football fans, as if they're your friend or something, when all they really want is for you to lose your money so that they can profit. I don't think what they've done with the Huddersfield shirts is a good thing either, yes it would be nice to have shirts without advertisments on, but with this 'stunt' they've even gone and managed to spoil that, as they've now they've branded the whole concept of sponsorless shirts with their name.

35 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Paddy Power are pretty vile. I'd rather be sponsored by The Sun.

"Going for the righteous indignation dollar. That’s a big dollar. A lot of people are feeling that indignation. We’ve done research – huge market.”

etc

Â