Huddersfield

Greenfly

So it turns out that horrific Huddersfield kit with the sash was fake. It was all part of a campaign to get rid of shirt sponsors once and for all.

Here it is, modelled by our good friend Tommy Elphick:

Fair play to them. They've pulled a blinder there.

14 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Don’t particularly care for paddy power but it’s good seeing a shirt without a sponsor.

However I don’t see it lasting.

Neither do I really, but I do hope Villa see it and consider doing the same thing next season. Either that or go for Acorns again.

11 minutes ago, ChrisVillan said:

I sincerely hope no part of Villa's plan involves being rinsed by, or complicit in, a Paddy Power campaign for the good of Paddy Power. 

Yeah PP are words removed.

But their marketing team are insanely good.

3 hours ago, Greenfly said:

So it turns out that horrific Huddersfield kit with the sash was fake. 

😮 seriously?!! 

• Haha 2

How can paddy power - the self proclaimed kings of advertising complain that there’s too much advertising in football......kinda feels like they’re just advertising themselves through the promotion of less advertisement......my head hurts, and F**k paddy power and the rest of the betting cartel 

Edited by bannedfromHandV

2 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

How can paddy power - the self proclaimed kings of advertising complain that there’s too much advertising in football......kinda feels like they’re just advertising themselves through the promotion of less advertisement......my head hurts, and F**k paddy power and the rest of the betting cartel 

They are basically. 

Its not a real campaign. And if it is it’s destined for failure. We discussed in the other thread this was talked about in that this publicity only works for one company. 

The story goes round about PP doing this and they get loads of publicity. Plus if anyone sees the blank Huddersfield shirt they’ll be reminded of it. So that’s the promotion that PP get. 

But as soon as another company does it, there’s no impact. And then here are two clubs with blank shirts. Might still work a bit. 

But once there are a few clubs doing it nobody takes any notice, the companies get no publicity and the entire point of shirt sponsorship has disappeared. 

It will basically only work so long as one company and club is doing it. 

No disrespect to Huddersfield but I dont think Paddy Power would have been interested in sponsoring a bigger team. Football fans are tribal and I think PP, Ladbrokes, Coral etc havent joined the football club sponsorship brigade as they wouldnt take the risk of alienating customers by sponsoring a team they hate.

54 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Any reason why we shouldn't?

Yes.

The words removed bent over, lubed up and spread their cheeks to help small heath stay up a couple of seasons back, so **** them.

• Like 2

Â