Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

I imagine he’s securing himself a sizeable pay rise, likely becoming a multi millionaire, and protecting his financial future in case he gets a career ending injury in the next 12 months. 

Why?

Ah yes, nothing to do with footballing reasons at all right ?

1 minute ago, Joshie2000 said:

Did you watch Ramsey Saturday, there's a reason he was subbed at halftime, couldn't trap a ball and did nothing, apart from a tame grubber shot that was never going in, the other shot he put in row Z under no pressure, just because he came through the youth, mean shit all, he wasn't that great last season when you takeaway his goals, doesn't track back, missed tackles and stray passes. 

Last season Dougie and mcginn did all the donkey work for him, but if he knuckles down and we can get the midfield sorted he might improve more

Ok fine, start McGinn then. It’s much of a muchness. Kamara aside, I’d argue none of our starting central midfielders are good enough for a team that wants to finish in the top half of the table. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

The crazy thing is he has agreed to sign a new 3 year contract even though the dressing room is toxic and everybody hates Gerrard. What’s he up to?

Maybe it's not all true, seen a report today TY been struggling with a niggle and why he didn't play, Gerrard comment can be taken different ways, if we had won, fans would be saying its Gerrard challenging TY to step up to get in the team, as we lost it must mean there's been a massive rift. 

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

Ok fine, start McGinn then. It’s much of a muchness. Kamara aside, I’d argue none of our starting central midfielders are good enough for a team that wants to finish in the top half of the table. 

I would possible agree, but think Doug, McGinn and Ramsey can all play a part and improve, just think like others we need another CM and a big **** to partner Kamara then them 3 can be rotated👍

Just now, Joshie2000 said:

Maybe it's not all true, seen a report today TY been struggling with a niggle and why he didn't play, Gerrard comment can be taken different ways, if we had won, fans would be saying its Gerrard challenging TY to step up to get in the team, as we lost it must mean there's been a massive rift. 

I don’t think it’s true mate. I was taking the piss.   He loves it here and that hasn’t changed since Gerrard took over. 

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Ah yes, nothing to do with footballing reasons at all right ?

Well, I mean, the evidence suggests he was running down his contract to the point where he could engineer a move more easily. Perhaps the clubs he wanted to sign for havent renewed their interest so he has the option of…

a) Running down his deal, probably not playing much for 12 months and then not getting the move he wanted to anyway. And also run the risk of an injury somewhere along the line that could end his career and earning potential. 

or

b) Signing a contract probably worth £6m over 3 years and protecting himself against the above whilst also aware that the club may look to accept an offer in the future so he can move then if needs be.

I think the idea that he’s signed a new deal because of Gerrard a tad daft tbh. Football players will largely do what is in their financial interests 99% of the time. 

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Well, I mean, the evidence suggests he was running down his contract to the point where he could engineer a move more easily. Perhaps the clubs he wanted to sign for havent renewed their interest so he has the option of…

a) Running down his deal, probably not playing much for 12 months and then not getting the move he wanted to anyway. And also run the risk of an injury somewhere along the line that could end his career and earning potential. 

or

b) Signing a contract probably worth £6m over 3 years and protecting himself against the above whilst also aware that the club may look to accept an offer in the future so he can move then if needs be.

I think the idea that he’s signed a new deal because of Gerrard a tad daft tbh. Football players will largely do what is in their financial interests 99% of the time. 

Who said he signed a new contract because of Gerrard ?  He has signed a new contract despite the evil Gerrard and some fantasy toxic dressing room.   

He was always going to sign a new contract, there is no bad vibe at the place. 

16 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I think Douglas is right behind kamara, he’s got the ability if used correctly 

• Like 1

I hope that he has said that he will only sign the contract at 23:01pm on the 1st September 2022 in the knowledge that Tyrone Mings hasn't left the club.

I reckon he's also been promised that he will be played in the #8 position and only used as a #6 in emergencies.

47 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

The crazy thing is he has agreed to sign a new 3 year contract even though the dressing room is toxic and everybody hates Gerrard. What’s he up to?

Not to forget that Alisha only signed a yr extension so the club were obviously moving him on. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don’t think it’s true mate. I was taking the piss.   He loves it here and that hasn’t changed since Gerrard took over. 

I agree, Saturdays loss and performance have brought the bad out of the fans, and given the anti-Gerrard cre, another chance to voice the dislike of him. 

If feel if after 10 games we haven't improved or looked like we've improved, he could be gone but until then I'll support him and the boys👍

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Gerrard beat him in a staredown... 👀🤣

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Haha 2

Only reason he signed is because no one wanted to buy him and we failed to sign JWP, Bissouma and Phillips. 4th best and the cheap option. 
its the truth 

Edited by messi11

2 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Only reason he signed is because no one wanted to buy him and we failed to sign JWP, Bissouma and Phillips. 4th best and the cheap option. 
its the truth 

That's the spirit.

• Haha 2

Good news he is signing a new deal so we don’t lose him for free next summer though bit strange it’s only a 3 year deal rather than a 4/5 that Villa normally give out for his age. 

Hopefully see him in his preferred 8 position some point soon. 

3 minutes ago, messi11 said:

its the truth 

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, messi11 said:

its the truth 

Or maybe he’s been in negotiations and came to a amicable agreement as he enjoys it at Villa along with his South American teammates? You really should look at following one of the big 6 if you’re after guaranteed glory. No one should be as unhappy as you

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Galway Lion said:

Or maybe he’s been in negotiations and came to a amicable agreement as he enjoys it at Villa along with his South American teammates? You really should look at following one of the big 6 if you’re after guaranteed glory. No one should be as unhappy as you

I'm glad he's signed I actually think he's better than Sanson, Mcginn and Ramsey right now. But our midfield should of improved massively since the 19/20 season but it hasn't :( 
Hopefully he starts against Everton.

Â