Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

Needs to be more Scottish. Rough and ready. 110%. Roll up your sleeves type. Not afraid to get his shorts dirty type. A proper man's man.

Dress like a turkey as well 😉

38 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Needs to be more Scottish. Rough and ready. 110%. Roll up your sleeves type. Not afraid to get his shorts dirty type. A proper man's man.

Rubs his cock on live television type. 

On 03/04/2022 at 11:54, sne said:

I quite like Sanson and think he's done well for the most part when given a chance. But dropping Luiz, the only player who is comfortable with the ball during buildup was a moronic idea. It should have been McGinn and or Ramsey on the bench.

Mings hoofing to Bailey & Coutinho is not building from the back. Yesterday showcased exactly why Luiz is so important. 

We might need a more defense oriented player next to him if he stays but we we need him or someone new who is comfortable with the ball to pick it up from the defenders if we pretend to have any type of intelligent possession.

Gerrard/Beale not realising or understanding (?) this is a concern.

• Like 2

On 02/04/2022 at 17:14, samjp26 said:

He clearly rates him but he said no talks have began, he’s been very clear about that. I think he rates him but I also think he wants a different type of player in midfield 

He does rate him as as soon as he was available for him, he was playing in the 8 role.

On 01/04/2022 at 22:11, DaveAV1 said:

It’s all well and good when ‘t sun’s shining’ but could he perform on a wet January evening in Rochdale?

if he could close down and win the ball back, equal to that skill, we would be ok.

• Like 1

On 03/04/2022 at 21:45, sparrow1988 said:

In the words of Joni Mitchell/counting crows, “don’t it always seem to go, that you don’t know what you’ve got till it’s gone”

That could be said in opposite meanings, too.

Stephen Ireland was a good example of the opposite..as was Djemba,djemba

We have had many players over the years, that we have tried profusely with and only when they left and did nothing, did we realise, we was wrong.

5 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Team goals conceded per 90 is the lowest of all our current midfielders. I'm not saying that he is the best midfielder we could possibly get, but there is a correlation between Doug being on the pitch and us conceding fewer goals.

We have a goal difference of +8 with Doug on the pitch. Our actual goal difference is 0. Go figure.

I am not suggesting he is a bad player....but the opponent plays a part in those stats too.

Stats only tell part of the story, the other part is dealt with by the eye test....Go figure.

Edited by TRO

18 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Team goals conceded per 90 is the lowest of all our current midfielders. I'm not saying that he is the best midfielder we could possibly get, but there is a correlation between Doug being on the pitch and us conceding fewer goals.

We have a goal difference of +8 with Doug on the pitch. Our actual goal difference is 0. Go figure.

Easily our best midfielder in recent weeks and we are much shitter defensively without him which was proven again last week

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Easily our best midfielder in recent weeks and we are much shitter defensively without him which was proven again last week

Thats not too difficult when the rest have been dire. 

1 hour ago, TRO said:

I am not suggesting he is a bad player....but the opponent plays a part in those stats too.

Stats only tell part of the story, the other part is dealt with by the eye test....Go figure.

I used both stats and the eye test. Mentioned the shape being much better when he plays.

There were also days where we didn’t concede with Luiz on the pitch however conceded after his substitution against the same opposition.

What in your opinion is the reason why we concede more per 90 without Luiz?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Yet Luiz is the one constantly criticised, 🙄

Been starting to wonder if this summer, we should sacrifice/sell one of the Centeal Midfielders, sign a DM of course, and play him as a number 8 finally.

As you know, he gets pelters from me in the DM role, but I do think he is a good footballer overall.

Midfield of say DM holding  | Luiz CM | Sanson LM | JJ RM ?

And Gallagher into that mix and 🔥🔥🔥. Lol

Not sure who to sell though, Sanson, McGinn? Or do we simply drop them to the bench to fight.

Obvious JJ can be benched too.

That being said, I have a feeling Luiz has already made up his mind to be off anyway.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

Will be interesting to see if Luiz gets back in to the starting 11 today.   He has been as poor as anyone else in the midfield but is all we have at the moment, until Nakamba, who was improving under Steven Gerrards, gets fit. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, STO said:

Will be interesting to see if Luiz gets back in to the starting 11 today.   He has been as poor as anyone else in the midfield but is all we have at the moment, until Nakamba, who was improving under Steven Gerrards, gets fit. 

He hasn't though. The stats and the eye test actually back him up. 

Coutinho is shit when Luiz is off the pitch or out of the game

• Like 1

20 hours ago, sparrow1988 said:

I used both stats and the eye test. Mentioned the shape being much better when he plays.

There were also days where we didn’t concede with Luiz on the pitch however conceded after his substitution against the same opposition.

What in your opinion is the reason why we concede more per 90 without Luiz?

Perhaps, the best of a bad bunch....meaning we haven't got a quality defensive minded midfielder,in the squad outside of Nakamba ( who has been subject to a lengthy injury, but was unfancied before by many) so it's difficult to measure.

no amount of redeployment or permutaion change will negate that....as we have seen.

Â