Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

3 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

our 77th cap if he gets a game  ?

puts us 2 behind Spuds who romped ahead when some clearing in the woods was handing out caps to the likes of Ryan Mason and Harry Winks 

Think Ramsey isnt that far behind to catch up

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don’t know who the other options are but it’s an absolute disgrace if Maguire starts again considering his club performances of late. I’d get it if it was a minnow Nation or Maguire was some superstar and would always start but England are the 5th ranked team in the world. There is more than enough players to be able to pick players on current form.

Same could be said about Henderson for other reasons. Southgate is a **** idiot! 

Well done Ezri.

You really need to get off the fence about this Southgate fella mate

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

our 77th cap if he gets a game  ?

puts us 2 behind Spuds who romped ahead when some clearing in the woods was handing out caps to the likes of Ryan Mason and Harry Winks 

If Ramsey was fit, we’d be on 78. Hopefully it happens soon for them both (Konsa actually playing not just called up)

12 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

Southgate is by a million miles the best England manager in my life time and I'm an old bugger. His success in moving England to the very fringes of winning major trophies deserves respect.

As for Maguire, no matter how poor he is at United, he never lets England down and is not only a rock at the back but our biggest aerial threat from set pieces.

If you play players who are not being used by their clubs then you are running a huge risk. They might be physically fit but they are not match fit. That tenth of a second reaction time is all the difference between conceding a penalty or mistiming a tackle.  This is a game of athletes now . 

Why does Southgate take zero risks on the pitch tactics wise but take this big risk putting players in the team that arent match sharp. ? I find it wierd.  

25 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

Southgate is by a million miles the best England manager in my life time and I'm an old bugger. His success in moving England to the very fringes of winning major trophies deserves respect.

As for Maguire, no matter how poor he is at United, he never lets England down and is not only a rock at the back but our biggest aerial threat from set pieces.

Erm  not sure what to make of this ,  but hoping it’s comedy 

28 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

Some links for your consideration in case you need help with the definition of “letting England down”: 

https://www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11095/12104281/harry-maguires-red-card-for-england-against-denmark-caps-miserable-time-for-manchester-united-captain

https://metro.co.uk/2022/09/27/harry-maguire-issues-apology-after-costly-mistake-in-englands-draw-against-germany-17455946/amp/

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/harry-maguire-england-scotland-owngoal-30926611.amp

49 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I'm not sure if this is a joke or not, but if it's serious it's total hogwash.

With the talent at Gareth's disposal he's actually let England down with his incompetent in game management, not to mention his biased and unbalanced squad selections...

I agree

FAGJMB-360.gif

1 hour ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I'm not sure if this is a joke or not, but if it's serious it's total hogwash.

With the talent at Gareth's disposal he's actually let England down with his incompetent in game management, not to mention his biased and unbalanced squad selections...

Are you saying that England manager in the past didn’t have talent available? Some of the past England squad had more talent than what Southgate has available now.

Southgate have won 6 knockout stage matches in major tournaments, that equal the number of knockout wins in the 48 years before Southgate. That means Southgate has been by far the best England manager in a very long time, or at least he has been less rubbish.

I don’t like Southgate, but he should get credit as one the best England manager.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, viivvaa66 said:

Are you saying that England manager in the past didn’t have talent available? Some of the past England squad had more talent than what Southgate has available now.

Southgate have won 6 knockout stage matches in major tournaments, that equal the number of knockout wins in the 48 years before Southgate. That means Southgate has been by far the best England manager in a very long time, or at least he has been less rubbish.

I don’t like Southgate, but he should get credit as one the best England manager.

No chance. He's not won knockout games against any top sides.

The Euros we basically had home fixtures throughout the knockouts and he still failed.

Any crucial game he bottles making changes at crucial times and lets the opposition take control.

He even lost a final against an Italy side which failed to qualify for the WC before and after it.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

No chance. He's not won knockout games against any top sides.

The Euros we basically had home fixtures throughout the knockouts and he still failed.

Any crucial game he bottles making changes at crucial times and lets the opposition take control.

He even lost a final against an Italy side which failed to qualify for the WC before and after it.

Go back and see how England did before Southgate, a lot of failure in EC and WC qualifications, a lot of times knocked out in group stages. Just getting England qualified to EC and WC makes Southgate one of the best, when he also manage to get England out of the group stages and win knockout stage matches, it makes him a standout England manager.

I’m sure he could have done things differently, but the history has shown that getting England to perform is easier said than done. Maybe it is wrong to call him a great England manager, but at least he is the least rubbish one in a very long time.

• Like 1

Â