Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

19 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The board made it a point, even from Purslow himself, "lower ages and lower wages". It shows how mad the game is when we are scoffing at a 22/23 year old going from being on 7k per week to "only 20k per week". This will be why we have signed players from "lesser leagues" as well.

On another note I just thought, he reminds me of one of those big, awkward naturally strong lumps I used to play street football with in Jamaica. 

Had all the raw physical attributes to become a beast at football (yes I'm racist) with great coaching, discipline and application, or a security guard, steel worker, bouncer etc. Lol

Must admit even as a defender of his seeing the balls just bounce off him the other day made me think "mate, not doing yourself any favours with your critics here". 😂

Sad because you can tell the poor bastard tries.

This has been made pretty clear in a lot of interviews can't quite grasp why people think every player in the PL is on 50k a week, all the information regarding wages in available and clubs have to be pretty transparent these days with FPP.

Top earners in the Pl

image.thumb.png.07be10812df825f84887f7263dee1974.png

Edited by zab6359

20 hours ago, useless said:

Wesley scored fifteen in all competitions last season including goals in the champions league, and provided ten assists. Was linked to Arsenal, Lazio and others before signing for us, he wasn't just some random striker that we just decided to pay a lot of money for for the sake it.

Come on please Arsenal were never reliably linked to Wesley that was just fake news generated by agents and fed to the press to get there player a move to the PL!

He was linked to them in mainstream media outlets like the sun the daily mail and the guardian, it's easy to say now that clubs like that wouldn't be interested in him, but before this season plenty of other clubs were linked, I had a look on a Club Brugge forum when he signed for us and they'd been talking for a while about other clubs that had been watching him, I think Borussia Dortmund were also mentioned.

30 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Come on please Arsenal were never reliably linked to Wesley that was just fake news generated by agents and fed to the press to get there player a move to the PL!

I saw Arsenal fans commenting "Welcome to Arsenal" on a few of his YouTube videos and wondered what that was all about to be fair.

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Why?

How about we use that extra money to get better players around him, to allow us to get into a better position first.

I mean, a pay rise for Jack wouldn't be that much actually. Even if you doubled his salary, you're letting go of less than 2 million pounds a year, chump change in today's market if you convert it to transfer fees(about a million per transfer window lost). And I want him to be paid more if we stay up, just to give more of an incentive for him to stay with us, we probably have to give him one anyway if we do stay up, to ward of all the other suitors. He should not be earnign the same as someone like Matt Targett ffs.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I saw Arsenal fans commenting "Welcome to Arsenal" on a few of his YouTube videos and wondered what that was all about to be fair.

So they were had as well then 😎! When was the last time the Arse purchased a near unknown? 

Quite funny how he was a 15 Mil rated player when Arsenal were interested but we paid 22 Mil!

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Why?

How about we use that extra money to get better players around him, to allow us to get into a better position first.

Because he's on a pittance of what his earning potential really is, he's around by loyalty only right now and that won't pay the bills once he retires, he's got the wrong accent for punditry so unless he becomes a manager he's best banking some money whilst he can! 

1 hour ago, zab6359 said:

Top 10 Villa earners, bit of a difference and rightly so!

image.thumb.png.ce78caf2d8ee6a3c5bc4541c14f8c437.png

If you think Grealish is on 35k per week you are miles out & everyone else below that on less than 25k ? no chance those figures are right

Edited by LakotaDakota
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

League 1 players are earning 7k a week nowadays.

Anyone who thinks Wes is on that needs their heads checking.

Bunn was on 15k and he was 4th choice **** goalkeeper.

Who's said Wes is on 7k a week?

Edited by zab6359

Â